Strong professional experience in design, development, and support of business and engineering applications (includes object - oriented and database design). Ability to collect business requirements, translate them into project design while generating innovative solutions, and execute the resulting implementation tasks alone or as part of the development team.
Languages: Visual Basic 6.0, .NET, MS Office VBA (Access, Excel, Word); C/C++(Visual C++, 6.0, .NET, STL); C#; LINQ.
DBMS: Access 2003, 2007, 2010; MS SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005/2008 , Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g (PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL Plus, SQL Navigator).
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7 (WIN32, P/Invoke, ODBC), UNIX (Solaris).
Other Software: Crystal Reports 7.0, 8.5, 9.0, Attachmate "Extra " 6.3, Imaging Pro 2.0, ImageWare EPI Builder 6.0, Visual InterDev 6.0, WinFax PRO 9.0, ASP.NET; UNIX Shell Scripting, Data Dynamics Active Reports for NET.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Enhanced and expanded Collection & Customer Service System ( Confidential ) - lease administration application for credit card readers.
- Confidential facilitates servicing active and delinquent accounts by automating processing of payments/ Confidential, notifications, referrals to Customer Service and Legal departments, providing ability to investigate and solve issues, offer loaner equipment, allow buyouts, process lease transfers, etc.
- Implemented nightly batch processing generating and distributing invoices (PDF generation using Fortis, zip, FTP, OSG Billing), lockbox processing (text and image files processing, persistence and integration into the billing systems). Each processing stage was tracked, recorded and reported via activity logs and notification emails.
- Created dynamic, end-user customizable screens. Improved application responsiveness by handling time-consuming database operations asynchronously (utilizing multi-threading).
- Created and modified Oracle tables and packages/stored procedures using SQL Navigator.
- Used LINQ to work with collections. Suggested and implemented an MS Excel generator process to simplify and automate the process of reports generation and modifications. Used reflection to ensure compatibility with a range of Excel versions.
- Used VB.NET to implement an SMTP client for use from heritage VB applications.
- Converted heritage VB6 WinForm application to VB.NET (with Oracle 10g at the back end moving to 11g). Developed com+ wrapper for existing WinForms to enable their invocation from .NET applications.
- Utilized and customized open source C# code to quickly obtain desired functionality.
Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
- Maintained and enhanced the document management system for litigation support (C#/MS SQL Server).
- The application extracted email metadata from Outlook and Lotus Notes files and saved them in the local database.
- The information from these files was saved in the local database to make it searchable and easily extractable in the desired format.
- Utilized regular expressions to implement flexible business data extraction mechanism.
- Developed user controls using C# for display of custom dynamic charts using GDI+ (line, bar, candlestick types of plots) and GDI32 APIs.
- The controls facilitated viewing and analysis of stock trends in real-time trading systems.
- Ported a car tracking application written in VB 6.0 to MS Access 2007.
- Added new functionality to the existing applications according to client’s requests using MS Access forms and VBA.
- Designed and developed a number of MS Excel reports. Used VBA to create and format a variety of reports.
- Customized and created new reports (MS SQL Reporting Services and MS Excel). Provided troubleshooting of slow-running queries using Estimated Execution Plan. Modified and optimized stored procedures, functions, and views (MS SQL 2008) in tandem with C# code according to new requirements and to improve performance. Wrote scripts to create tables, indexes, and databases. Created SSIS packages.
- Implemented new functionality and maintained intranet web site (VB.NET/ASP.NET/MS SQL/Infragistics controls).
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Application utilized SQL Server Reporting Services and Excel VBA to generate report in the form of pdf files or Excel workbooks that could then be automatically distributed via e-mail.
- Added functionally to the existing and created new WinForms in the inventory management system using C# and DevExpress .NET WinForms Components.
- Stored information in MS SQL and XML files.
Confidential, NY, NY
- Developed and supported Confidential loan tracking application.
- Created and enhanced WinForms, reports, components, and web services.
- Ported VB6 modules into VB.NET and C# components using 3-rd party controls (DevExpress .NET WinForms Components and Component One FlexGrid).
- Developed reports (MS Excel, Active Reports).
- Enabled LoanTrak to send e-mails (MS Outlook or Lotus Notes).
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- Used ImageWare EPI Builder 6.0 suite to collect employee identification information, store it in the database and print ID cards (VB6, Oracle 9i).
- Controlled the ID card printer via winspool.drv and kernel32 APIs. Ported VB6 data entry forms and batches to VB.NET and C# WinForms.
- Enhanced and maintained Asset Management Account System (AMA) for Confidential using VB6 and MS SQL stored procedures.
- Confidential has been designed to keep track of client accounts, including purchases of mutual fund shares, portfolio types, agencies information, AXA sales representatives, etc.
- Developed data entry forms. Automated nightly batches monitoring.
- Implemented intelligent EDI files importing system.
- Recursively searched for folders and EDI files, repaired corrupted ones using kernel32 APIs (memory mapped files), parsed the files and stored the content in the database.
- Used Windows security APIs to read and manipulate accounts and associated permissions (advapi32).
Confidential, Tarrytown, NY
- Created case-management system (mostly for car accident cases).
- Directly interacted with users to determine the requirements.
- The system kept track of the cases, generated status reports and reminders of key events, etc.
- The new legal document management system (VB6/ADO, Seagate Crystal Reports, MS Access for small or SQL Server for larger installations) dramatically speeded up the work of lawyers and their assistants (MS Word Templates, Rich-Text boxes, dynamically created form fields, clipboard APIs, MS Access, and other techniques)
Confidential, New Rochelle, NY
- Acted as a technical lead for a variety of in-house accounting applications.
- Collected raw data from external sources .
- Provided means for data storing, aggregation, viewing, as well as subsequent analysis and report generation (Seagate Crystal Report, MS Excel VBA).
- The system (VB5/6, MS SQL Server, Win32 APIs, Attachmate "Extra " APIs, IE controls, ASP Mail) generated savings of more than $1 million/year and facilitated the search for new potential clients (via analysis of the retrieved data).
- Implemented one-click screen capture and printing using GDI DLL APIs to enhance user’s productivity. Designed and developed a document management application which scanned documents into Tiff format using DunOrd scanner APIs; performed OCR (Imaging Professional VBA); faxing them via WinFax PRO.