I’m thoroughly familiar with a wide variety of software, programming languages and technologies and have a broad experience in full life - cycle application development including development, management and architecture. I’m also experienced in software engineering, networks, technical support and system analysis concepts while also being a team player willing to collaborate with others and work within established procedures.
Operating systems / Platforms: NT - Windows 2008 R2, Win 7, Mandrake 8.1+ (Linux), Android 2.x, 3.x, 4.0
Database: SQL Server, MySql(4.0 - 5.x), Visual FoxPro, Access
Software: Visual Studio, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), MS Project, Visio, Visual SourceSafe, PVCS, Apache Subversion (SVN), Fogbugz, MS Virtual PC/Server, VM Ware, IIS 2.0 - 7.5, Jetbrains ReSharper, Redgate ANTS Performance Profiler, BizTalk, SharePoint, XML Spy, CruiseControl.net, Wise Installer Studio (6.x - 7.x), RoboHelp (5.0 - 9.0), Jira, Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2012
- Ability to coordinate, organizes, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks efficiently.
- Requirements gathering for technical and business specifications.
- Writing functional and design specifications.
- Experience in Software Delivery Lifecycle Management (SDLC) and Agile Methodologies
- Strong project management skills on highly complex projects
- Very Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to “jump right in” into a new project with little guidance and debug/develop in minimal time.
- N-tier, SOA, SaaS, client/server and internet/intranet architectures.
- Excellent attention to detail, and thorough in task completion.
- Unique capability to understand capabilities of technology to solve a business problem.
- Strong experience in Object Oriented technology for software design and implementation.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. Software Engineer & .Net Architect
Skills used: .NET 4.5, ASP.NET MVC, C#, Refactoring, WCF, CSS, AJAX, jQuery, JQuery Mobile, JSON, CruiseControl.net, MVVM, N-Unit, SQL 2012, Agile (Scrum), Subversion + TFS, ORM
- Redesign and stabilized the printing system that is used with cafes.
- Work with store/business managers to understand and recommend solutions.
- Used profiling tools and wrote unit tests to optimize performance both client side and server side in the most data-intensive portions of the web based POS.
- Rewrite web forms pages to MVC using VS2012 and Entity Framework.
- Created mobile versions of the web app to be used on iPods that are used by the store sales personal.
- Managed and delegated tasks to junior developers and 3rd party vendors.
- .Net Engineer on a project to review TJX’s application portfolio and identify applications affected by corporate Data Center consolidation initiative.
- Successfully assessed and developed remediation solutions and cost estimates for .Net applications identified to have technology, network, and/or performance issues.
- Responsible for developing remediation strategies for both in-house, co-located, and SaaS applications.
- Presented remediation solutions to the data center consolidation governance board, seeking approval for both technical approach and cost impact.
Confidential, Norwood, MA
Sr. Software Engineer & .Net Architect
Skills used: .NET 3.5 & 4.0, ASP.NET MVC, Winforms, VB, C#, Refactoring, ASMX web service, CSS, AJAX, jQuery, JSON, CruiseControl.net, Wise Installer 7.0, Silverlight 4.0 MVVM, XAML, N-Unit, SQL 2008(Tables, SPs, Funcs, Indexes), WCF, Agile (Scrum), Jira, Subversion
- Successfully stabilized our commercial VB6 Desktop application (Guardian) which had been a high maintenance intensive application for the support team for years.
- Converted our commercial VB6 desktop app (Guardian) to 3.5 .Net (VB & C#) including rewriting most Active-X objects to native .Net, refactoring code to eliminate redundancy, update application to work with MS User Account Control (UAC) and allow it to run on a Win x64 machine.
- Worked directly with customers and our support staff to analyze user requirements, resolve technical issues and evaluated requested enhancements. As the owner of the product, I was the point person for all things related to the application.
- Built a suite of tools to help our QA and support teams to diagnose application issues which allowed them to help customers more efficiently and provide more details for bug/issue tracking.
- Architected and built the Prototyped for our next generation application to replace our legacy desktop application (Guardian) using Silverlight 4.0 OOB (for desktop use) and our commercial SaaS Java web services.
- Architected and built a web application that compressed and streamed recordings from our IVR system in “near-line” time to our users over the web.
- Completely automated our software release system (which included VSS, MSBuild and Wise Installer) this reduced the software release time from hours to minutes and remove any human inconsistence that plagued the previous process.
- In process of converting legacy Classic ASP /w VB COM to ASP.NET MVC with WCF accessing SQL 2008.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Principal Web Developer & .Net Architect
Skills used: .NET 3.5, ASP.NET MVC, C#, AJAX, jQuery, CSS, N-Unit, XML, XSLT, CruiseControl.net, SQL 2008(Tables, SPs, Funcs, Indexes), ASMX web service, Agile (XP)
- Rewrote legacy financial website’s application using Visual Studio 2008, SQL Server 2005, C#.
- Responsible for all hardware, software, telecom and servers (local and remote) and external vendors.
- Provided technical details of the legacy website to the product manager which was needed for scheduling enhancements.
Confidential, Westwood, MA
IS Development Manager
Skills used: VFP 7.0, COM, Classic ASP, ADO, IIS, Classic ASP, ASP.Net C#, AJAX, jQuery, XML, N-Unit
- Planning the conversion process of our DOS desktop system to a .NET web based applications.
- Updating of our internal intranet website from Classic ASP\VFP components to ASP.Net 2.0, creating C# Data Access Layer and normalizing the data in SQL.
- Designed, developed and deployed an Intranet ASP.NET 2.0 (C#) dashboard application using AJAX 2.0 and XML. Data Access Layer was also designed to use SQL Server 2005 Stored Procedures and hooks to other legacy database systems.
Confidential, BOSTON, MA
Principal Software Engineer & Architect of Special Projects
Skills used: .NET 3.0, ASP.NET, C#, AJAX, VFP 9, BizTalk 2006, ASMX web service, Agile(SCRUM)
- Analyzed usability study results, recommended and implemented changes to site flow and design based on information gathered.
- Independently reduced the quarterly data processing time by 300% by extensive performance tuning and optimization of legacy code and data.
- Independently designed and implemented BizTalk 2006 Server and trained developers on how to create “adapters” to convert legacy financial mapping software to a more scalable solution.
- Independently converted some proprietary logic to Web Services so that other applications in the enterprise could use the logic and return consistent results without maintaining multiple codebases with duplicate logic
Director, Internal Systems and Development
Skills used: .NET 2.0 & 3.0, ASP.NET, C#, AJAX, CruiseControl.net, 2005(Tables, SPs, Funcs, Indexes),, ASMX web service, CruiseControl.net, UML, Agile(XP)
- Recruited, staffed and managed the company’s first 24/7 infrastructure and website support teams.
- Developed an intuitive, internal Knowledge Base\Support Center website in ASP.NET (C#) 3.0.
- Reduced legacy system maintenance by 20% by instituting robust and scalable coding practices and intelligent error handling.
- Tracked and help resolved internal system defects based on the business’ priorities and the departments SLA.
- Supervised the stabilization and reduced of day-to-day maintenance of legacy systems by 20%
- Created, documented, and monitored IT support processes including, but not limited to:
- Release Management of internally-developed applications
- Ticket Resolution of internal/external issues
- Procurement of PC hardware, software and peripherals from a variety of vendors
- Inventory Management
- Network Modifications
- Desktop and Infrastructure System Deployment
- Setup and developed companies’ first corporate intranet using SharePoint 3.0 and created a custom Web Parts dashboard so that our Operations staff could control the updating of our financial data to our off site web farm.
- Created intuitive documentation and trained non-technical personal on how to update and leverage the SharePoint intranet site for their groups.
- Planned and managed longer-term infrastructure initiatives.
Software Engineer Team Leader & Architect
Skills used: VFP7, VB6, Winforms, COM, Classic ASP, ADO, IIS, SQL 7.0, Classic ASP, ASP.Net, UML
- Guided and mentored a staff of 5 - 6 developers, enforcing architecture, reviewing code, improving procedures, and team members in emerging technologies as well as implementing new solutions.
- Designed and developed a web application that would dynamically deliver pre-populated PDFs (using 3rd party PDF ToolKit) with customer data over the web to clients, increasing account openings by 5-10%.
- Provided leadership in the conversion and development effort of integrating all of our separate websites into one offsite web farm. The conversion effort had no negative impact on client deliverables.
- Conceptually created, designed and co-developed an internal application that would deliver our quarterly report PDFs to our print vendors based on the vendors’ grouping criteria (page number, client, local/foreign mailings, etc).
Skills used: VFP6, VB6, VC6, Winforms, OLE/COM, Classic ASP, IIS, SQL 7.0, Classic ASP, ASP.Net
- Designed and developed Visual FoxPro interfaces for the internal report engine (Cassie) that reduced system configuration from development to non-technical staff, reducing configuration time by 40%.
- Conceptually created, designed and developed a web content management system (WEBster) in Visual FoxPro that reduced web maintenance and reduced new client development needs by 60%.
- Conceptually created, designed and developed a redundant illustration delivery system (IDS) in VB6 and VC6 that allowed web servers to query the available report servers via UDP & TCP/IP and request a report and provide estimated creation time to the web user.