- Dynamic and incisive professional with around 10 years of experience in Software Development, Business Analysis, Design, Technical Lead roles.
- Consistent high performer with an “Outstanding” rating.
- Highly motivated .NET developer (4+ years) implementing large .NET projects with critical deadlines.
- Results - oriented team player.
- Passion for programming and next gen technologies; has a great eye to find root cause and resolve issues.
- Possess strong verbal / written communication, analytical, analysis / mapping and negotiation skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess a great attention to detail.
- Adhere to compliance policy measures at all times and work in an ethical fashion.
- Very quick learner; self-starter.
Database: SQL Server - T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS Oracle - SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Loader, Vertica, Hadoop / Apache Storm
Programming: Microsoft C# VB.Net ASP.Net (2.0/3.5/4.0), Windows C++, VBScript, Windows Scripting, Excel VBA Programming, Visual Basic 6.0, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports
Tools: Active Reports, Crystal Reports (11.5), ClearQuest, JIRA bug tracking, Advent Axys Portfolio Administration System (3.6), Advent Axys Reporting Language (Replang) Version 3.6, SS&C Recon 5.8; Advent Qube CRM System 3.6, Advent Portfolio Exchange, Retek RMS, STAR POS, Microsoft Visual Studio
- Well versed with gathering business requirements and mapped them to system requirements specifications; drove the completion of high value projects (web apps / custom scripts / axys reports) well before deadline.
- Worked on real-time Analytics projects implementation.
- Resolved production support issues well before the SLA with great sincerity and this has been appreciated by peers and clients. Great eye for troubleshooting and locating problems and finding the root cause.
- Developed interfaces for gathering market data from data providers such as Bloomberg. Reuters, Security data providers, etc.
- Documented, tracked and communicated unit test plans, test results and unresolved problems to users / clients.
- Understood & co-ordinated client’s needs / enhancements, and ensured that the application is user friendly.
- Thoroughly followed up releases to ensure ownership from start to finish, included post rollout validations.
- Shared knowledge among other team members diligently and trained users to ensure high performance and smooth roll out.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed a component (with various plugins) which is an interface to interact with 3rd party intelligence data feed providers to download, parse and upload the information to the architecture. This is a windows service in c# .NET framework.
- This led to increased capabilities in Advanced Threat Protection feature provided to the enterprise customers as well as enhanced monitoring.
- Developed a notification service application which will send various kinds of notifications to the customers based on their subscriptions in the Portal. This is a windows service in c# .NET framework. Increased the service scope provided to the customers.
- Worked on a report manager application which basically is for offline querying from Portal.
- This application (written in c# .NET) passes the query filters to a java web service which will render the results and upload the results to the file store from where the customer retrieves the outputs. Customers were very happy with the offline reports (esp large) that can be downloaded on a demand basis.
- Developed a portal (datamine) which is a point of entry for Device Engineering teams to on board the devices and customers, log queries for all customers, other data mine reports. This is developed in C#, ASP.NET.
- Improved the performance (by 70%) of admin GUI page as well as other pages which had terrible performance issues by fine tuning the procs.
- Developed a console application that is used for customer and device activation. This basically creates customer databases and also user logins in multiple database servers - SQL and Vertica.
- Worked on a big platform component that is used for normalizing device logs and uploading to architecture. This component was developed in Windows C++. Delivered a successful release which was backlogged for over a year due to ownership issues.
- Implemented multiple solutions to real-time Analytics components. Known for a great attention to detail in implementation and a bug free release. This also led to a synchronisation issue resolution provided to the customer between the various tiers.
- Worked on real time Analytics Streaming POCs using BigData (Apache Storm).
- Given releases which are defects free and had no rollback or rescindment.
- “GoTo” person for all the backend components - known for subject matter expertise on STP Platform architecture.
- Got a lot of appreciation and applause awards.
- Developed a Public Debt Analytical Application for Confidential .
- This is done using ASP.NET / C# on SQL Server.
- Served the role of offshore Lead for this project.
- Quickly delivered a module as per functional specification and got appreciations for this.
- Development / support of Performance and Risk Analytics (P&RA) group of systems for both institutional and private clients.
- This is done in VB.Net, C# asp.net and SQL server.
- Pivotal in delivering high quality projects (new client setup in Eagle PACE / Attribution Reports for Confidential / On Going client conversions and boarding) well before deadline.
- Got many appreciations for the quality deliverables, hard work, sincerity and prompt follow-up on projects / issues.
- Maintained a very high performance rating (#1 - Outstanding).
- Attained a very good feedback from managers / users / peers.
- Development / support of portfolio administration and client relationship management (PA/CRM) group of systems for both institutional and private clients.
- Developed applications in proprietary languages like Advent axys, axys reports, qube, recon.
- Developed custom web applications like Custom trade order management system, custom Reconciliation tracking system, Custom Reporting system, Custom Billing system and several hundreds of replang reports and custom reports. This is developed in VB Scripts, batch scripts, C# asp.net, VBA Macros and SQL server (, to name a few).
- Worked on interfaces with other departments of the firm such as portfolio management system / FAME / Java (for both equities and bonds).
- Distinction of converting the vbscripts processes / batch scripts to more stable web apps (a major ongoing project involving hundreds of scripts in a multi boutique asset management firm). Converted existing complex and difficult to maintain replang reports & created new portfolio administration reports in report writer / vbscript.
- Pivotal in delivering high quality projects (web apps/ custom scripts / axys reports) well before deadline.
IT Programmer Analyst
- Development / support of components within Oracle Retail (Retek RMS) RIP/HDS application.
- Supported core inventory system using oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle forms and oracle reports.
- Involved in data conversion from Star (POS) to Retek RMS and STAR to RIP/HDS;
- Worked on data extraction using queries & reports; requested by accounting / merchandising clients.
- Produced a track record of preparing all the interface documents within 6 months and with very minimal support from the application experts.
- Very good in data analysis / programming and worked in a high paced retail chain and received very good feedback from clients.