Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operation efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. May supervise computer programmers.
Platforms/Languages: COBOL (II, VS, Microfocus) SQL CICS CHANGEMAN Visual Studio, OS/390 DB2 9.5 Xpediter OMNIPLUS .NET, MVS/TSO SYNCSORT Abendaid Red Hat 5 C#, JCL MFSORT INTERTEST Unix/Linux HTML, ISPF VSAM Animator Shell Scripting Java, Uni - SPF FILEAID OMNIPLUS Omniscripts Technology
Applications/Softwares: MS Windows Word Excel TCP/IP FTP, Sharepoint Clear Case Power Image Lotus Notes Outlook, Hummingbird Exceed ClearQuest Service Now Clarity
Confidential, Braintree, MA
Sr. Software Developer
- Supported the Interface of the Check Writing and Tax Reporting systems from Confidential to Confidential .
- Developed full software lifecycle(SDLC), from project initiation and requirements specification through implementation, QA, and rollout.
- Partnered with Business Analysts during requirement walkthroughs and changes, clarified questions and issues.
- Collaborated with QA team in reviewing and validating test results ensuring that the final application catered to the user requirements.
- Designed, coded, tested, documented and implemented retirement investment service payroll, feedback and omniplus applications based on client requirements.
- Created and coded COBOL programs on Mainframe and Linux platforms utilizing Omniplus formatted records and files to read and create several types of Omniplus formatted financial transactions (ie; T384, T404, T444, T454), and demographic transactions (ie;T801, T813, T966)
- Coded jobs to execute COBOL programs and FTP client files and reports to client locations using JCL and shell scripting.
- Coded COBOL programs to access DB2 tables in Oracle using SQL
- Coded Omniscripts used to load to omnistation for execution of T966, T988, Max Calculation.
- Converted IBM Mainframe COBOL programs to Unix Platform.
Confidential, Quincy, MA
Sr System Consultant
- Conducted analysis, coding, testing, documentation, and support for Retirement Investment Services Division using Confidential ’s OmniPlan/Plus benefit plan administration and recordkeeping software.
- Developed and implemented COBOL interface programs to produce files for the check writing system from Omniplus formatted records and files.
- Identified system interfaces requiring communication and coordination with other internal and external programmers and business analysts.
- Provided production technical support of recently installed projects as well as scheduled on-call support for all systems.
- Developed effective project documentation, and technical/business specifications.
Confidential, Quincy, MA
Programmer Analyst/ Computer Operator/ Job Scheduler
- Assisted with CICS security by creating RACF profiles and defining the CICSPlex SM transactions to RACF.
- Setup and maintained CICS-DB2 interface.
- Implemented CICS-TCP/IP socket interface.
- Troubleshot CICS-related systems problems using TMON/CICS as well as full-region and transaction dump analysis (IPCS, Abendaid/CICS).
- Also provided CICS applications-related problem diagnosis using CEDP, Xpeditor/CICS, and INTERTEST.
- Monitored CICS performance and throughput using Omegamon/CICS and DFH0STAT.
- Also modified SAS programs to analzye SMF 110 records and report on current and potential transaction bottlenecks.
- Implemented WLM (Q-mode) to balance CICSPlex workloads and improve response time.
- Installed, maintained, and supported CICS-related software, including: TMON/CICS, Abend-AID for CICS, and Xpeditor/CICS.
- Designed and coded several CICS-related global user exits and user-replaceable modules (e.g., DTR, Autoinstall, Task Termination).