- IT Professional with Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and over 20 years’ experience leading teams through full system development projects and providing 24x7 production support in the insurance and healthcare industry. I have a reputation for excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor, ability to adapt to changing priorities and diverse environments. I’m a highly proficient in assessing problems and drawing sound conclusions.
- COBOL/COBOL II | JCL | File Aid | CICS | BMS | VPN | SOX | Assembler | CEDF | HIPAA | Endevor
- Quikjob/Easytrieve | XPEDITER | TSO/ROSCO Text Editors | MS Office | Unix | SDLC | VSAM | DB2 | Java
- HTML5 | Java Script | .Net Framework
- Lead development team and collaborated with Business Intelligence team in the design and development of the Conseco Conversion Engine using structured programming, data mapping, and automated data processing to convert selected blocks of policy records from Legacy System to IBM LIFEPRO vendor system. Successfully completed several conversions on time and without defaults
- Maintained and supported New Business, Policy Administration, General Ledger, Lockbox, Billing, Claims, and Letters & Notices systems
- Created an alpha index system for the customer service team. This system allowed access to multiple systems such as billing, policy administration and new business through one portal to improved call center’s customer support
- Created systems using CICS, COBOL, Assembler, and JCL that allowed internal customers to waive premiums, resulting in increased productivity, quality, service and automation
- Implemented batch enhancements to the A&H Valuation System that reduced run time by 35% and allowed actuary department to generate custom financial reports
- Migrated Conseco’s Long Term Care block of policy records to Senior Health Insurance Company of Pennsylvania (SHIP) using specially developed utilities and programs written using mainframe programming skill sets and procedures
- Maintained and enhanced Rate Increase System using mainframe programming skills and procedures to allow users to implement rate increases within 30 days of state approval
- Developed Batch Reporting System to isolate Collected Premiums and Paid Commissions used in monthly financial reporting
- Mapped and warehoused 10 years of critical data files related to legacy system conversion for data warehouse system, decommission, and shutdown system within project completion date.
- Performed moderately to complex systems analysis and design using Cobol, VSAM, BSM, JCL for multiple online sub - systems used by internal customers for data entry
- Managed all responsibilities as a remote employee for over 10 years