- I specialize in taking database (desktop and web) projects from inception through delivery, spanning the entire development cycle.
- I also take existing Microsoft Access desktop applications and use them to model native web applications which I build with Microsoft Lightswitch (so they can run in a browser on a variety of desktop and mobile devices).
- Interviewing managers and users to define project objectives and business rules
- Designing all facets of the database, business logic, and user interface (in a documented, standardized, and easy - to-use fashion) with emphasis on Agile development practices
- Providing follow-up and training to ensure project objectives are met
MY ARSENAL OF COMPLEMENTARY SKILLS INCLUDE:
- 15+ years of Microsoft Access application development including extensive Visual Basic for Applications coding; employing object oriented methodology; utilizing Windows, Adobe, and other third party APIs
- 10+ years of designing Microsoft SQL Server relational database back-ends
- Recent experience using Lightswitch , Microsoft's Visual Studio Rapid Application Development tool for producing data-centric web applications.
- Lightswitch sits atop the ASP.NET stack and produces HTML5 web pages utilizing a Single Page Architecture and consuming OData services.
- 15+ years of providing innovative and cost effective technical business solutions.
Confidential, Beaverton, OR
- Designed/updated the payment plan and check distribution logic
- Added auto-update functionality to the Access front-end programs (utilizing the Windows API to read the Operating System assigned file time/date stamp)
- Added system-generated email reports and alerts (utilizing the Windows API to send emails via a network email server)
- Redesigned the lien calculation logic for added accuracy and functionality
- Redesigned the claimant Document Management System (utilizing the Adobe API to intelligently split PDF documents)
- Designed the check reconciliation and void programs which imported and exported bank files and intelligently updated check statuses
- Designed the Entity Management System which intelligently tokenized names and addresses, integrating them from disparate data sources
Confidential, Jacksonville, OR
- Provided expert Access design and VBA programming guidance to the owner/programmer
- Developed a limited functionality web version (using Lightswitch) of their flagship product to showcase its future direction
Database Applications Developer/Consultant
Confidential, Ashland, OR
- Provided local and national businesses with data driven applications, which included:
- Electronic Medical Records
- Magazine offer/subscription/fulfillment tracking
- Financial management and account tracking
- Vending machine repair and maintenance tracking