- I’m thoroughly familiar with a wide variety of software, programming languages and technologies and have a broad experience in full life - cycle application development including development, management and architecture. I’m also experienced in software engineering, networks, technical support and system analysis concepts while also being a team player willing to collaborate with others and work within established procedures.
- Ability to coordinate, organizes, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks efficiently.
- Requirements gathering for technical and business specifications.
- Writing functional and design specifications.
- Experience in Software Delivery Lifecycle Management (SDLC) and Agile Methodologies
- Strong project management skills on highly complex projects
- Very Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to “jump right in” into a new project with little guidance and debug/develop in minimal time.
- N-tier, SOA, SaaS, client/server and internet/intranet architectures.
- Excellent attention to detail, and thorough in task completion.
- Unique capability to understand capabilities of technology to solve a business problem.
- Strong experience in Object Oriented technology for software design and implementation.
- Windows 2008 R2, Win 7, Mandrake 8.1+ (Linux), Android 2.x, 3.x, 4.0
- SQL Server 2000 - 2012, MySql(4.0 - 5.x), Visual FoxPro, Access
- Visual Studio 2002 - 2012, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), MS Project, Visio, Visual SourceSafe, PVCS, Apache Subversion (SVN), Fogbugz, MS Virtual PC/Server, VM Ware, IIS 2.0 - 7.5, Jetbrains ReSharper, Redgate ANTS Performance Profiler, BizTalk, SharePoint, XML Spy, CruiseControl.net, Wise Installer Studio (6.x - 7.x), RoboHelp (5.0 - 9.0), Jira, Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2012
Sr. Software Engineer & .Net Architect (Consultant)
Skills used: .NET 4.5, ASP.NET MVC, C#, Refactoring, WCF, CSS, AJAX, jQuery, JQuery Mobile, JSON, CruiseControl.net, MVVM, N-Unit, SQL 2012, Agile (Scrum), Subversion + TFS, ORM
- Redesign and stabilized the printing system that is used with cafes.
- Work with store/business managers to understand and recommend solutions.
- Used profiling tools and wrote unit tests to optimize performance both client side and server side in the most data-intensive portions of the web based POS (VIOPSYS).
- Rewrite web forms pages to MVC using VS2012 and Entity Framework.
- Created mobile versions of the web app to be used on iPods that are used by the store sales personal.
- Managed and delegated tasks to junior developers and 3rd party vendors.
- .Net Engineer on a project to review TJX’s application portfolio and identify applications affected by corporate Data Center consolidation initiative.
- Successfully assessed and developed remediation solutions and cost estimates for .Net applications identified to have technology, network, and/or performance issues.
- Responsible for developing remediation strategies for both in-house, co-located, and SaaS applications.
- Presented remediation solutions to the data center consolidation governance board, seeking approval for both technical approach and cost impact.
Sr. Software Engineer & .Net Architect
Skills used: .NET 3.5 & 4.0, ASP.NET MVC, Winforms, VB, C#, Refactoring, ASMX web service, CSS, AJAX, jQuery, JSON, CruiseControl.net, Wise Installer 7.0, Silverlight 4.0 MVVM, XAML, N-Unit, SQL 2008(Tables, SPs, Funcs, Indexes), WCF, Agile (Scrum), Jira, Subversion
- Successfully stabilized our commercial VB6 Desktop application (Guardian) which had been a high maintenance intensive application for the support team for years.
- Converted our commercial VB6 desktop app (Guardian) to 3.5 .Net (VB & C#) including rewriting most Active-X objects to native .Net, refactoring code to eliminate redundancy, update application to work with MS User Account Control (UAC) and allow it to run on a Win x64 machine.
- Worked directly with customers and our support staff to analyze user requirements, resolve technical issues and evaluated requested enhancements. As the owner of the product, I was the point person for all things related to the application.
- Built a suite of tools to help our QA and support teams to diagnose application issues which allowed them to help customers more efficiently and provide more details for bug/issue tracking.
- Architected and built the Prototyped for our next generation application to replace our legacy desktop application (Guardian) using Silverlight 4.0 OOB (for desktop use) and our commercial SaaS Java web services.
- Architected and built a web application that compressed and streamed recordings from our IVR system in “near-line” time to our users over the web.
- Completely automated our software release system (which included VSS, MSBuild and Wise Installer) this reduced the software release time from hours to minutes and remove any human inconsistence that plagued the previous process.
- In process of converting legacy Classic ASP /w VB COM to ASP.NET MVC with WCF accessing SQL 2008.
Principal Web Developer & .Net Architect
Skills used: .NET 3.5, ASP.NET MVC, C#, AJAX, jQuery, CSS, N-Unit, XML, XSLT, CruiseControl.net, SQL 2008(Tables, SPs, Funcs, Indexes), ASMX web service, Agile (XP)
- Rewrote legacy financial website’s application using Visual Studio 2008, SQL Server 2005, C#.
- Responsible for all hardware, software, telecom and servers (local and remote) and external vendors.
- Provided technical details of the legacy website to the product manager which was needed for scheduling enhancements.
IS Development Manager
Skills used: VFP 7.0, COM, Classic ASP, ADO, IIS, Classic ASP, ASP.Net C#, AJAX, jQuery, XML, N-Unit
- Planning the conversion process of our DOS desktop system to a .NET web based applications.
- Updating of our internal intranet website from Classic ASP\VFP components to ASP.Net 2.0, creating C# Data Access Layer and normalizing the data in SQL.
- Designed, developed and deployed an Intranet ASP.NET 2.0 (C#) dashboard application using AJAX 2.0 and XML. Data Access Layer was also designed to use SQL Server 2005 Stored Procedures and hooks to other legacy database systems.