Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, VMware, Hybrid, Off Premise, On Premise models implemented
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2/ 2012, RedHat, Ubuntu, Debian, VMWare 4.1 - 5.2
Network Monitoring Systems: Nagios, Splunk
Programming and Scripting Languages: Python, Django, SOAP and REST, Bash, XML, JSON, GO, java, node.js
Databases: SQL 2005 - 2016, MySQL
Data: Business Object, Vertica, Hadoop
Cloud Tools for Infrastructure Automation: Chef, Teraform, VMWare vSphere, vCenter
Software Tools: Jenkins, Git
Sr. Aws Cloud Architect
- Develop operations and migrations requirements and SOPs for a large scale end to end application migration to AWS
- Development of EC2 instances using terraform and Cloudformation
- Develop integration procedures for Ansible and other DevOps tools
- Automated the build by polling the code repositories and managed version control using GIT and SVN
- Achieved desired state of systems by managing and configuring them by using Chef and Ansible.
- Developed Recipes/Manifests and Ruby, Python scripts to automate the managing environments
- Host meetings for Devops and Cloud readiness
- Created Deployment jobs using Jenkins, Bitbucket, Artifactory for Drupal to Acquia PaaS instances
- Developing Cloud tools using Python and Django for automation
- Architect devops solutions and architecture solutions in Federal and Commercial
- Wrote Chef cookbooks and recipes to Provision Several pre-prod environments consisting of Deployment automation, AWS EC2 instance mirroring, WebLogic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations
- Managed Chef Cookbooks to automate system operations.
- Write Devops and Cloud strategy documents
- Knowledge of PKI encryption and decryption
- Migrated applications and infrastructure to AWS and Azure
- Write RFP’s, Conops and Architecture Documentation
- Moved physical server applications to on-premise Cloud and Hybrid Cloud Solutions
- Designed and deployed hybrid cloud solutions for clients using VMWare / Hyper-V
- Performed P2V’s
- Automated deployments using CloudFormation
- Create alarms using CloudWatch and SNS for monitoring servers' performance, CPU Utilization.
- Migrated on premise servers to Azure Cloud
- Support off asp.net applications, IIS and Windows server 2008 - 2012
- Troubleshoot and knowledge of Java applications
- Migration to cloud of both Linux and Windows Servers applications
- Support of RDS, MS SQL, and mySQL
- Management of VMM / hypervisors.
- Created and worked with S3 and IAM bucket policies
- Designed end to end security solutions in aws
- Configured NACL’s and Security Group architectures with the surrounding environments
- Reviewed VPC flow logs and the environments connected to them for troubleshooting
- Implementation of P2V servers.
- Support of Active Directory 2008 - 2012, Certificate services and Federation
- Network design typologies, disaster recovery, site planning
- Installed and deployed Chef for automation of build environments
- Windows Azure, Amazon Web Services AWS, EC2, VMware ESX, Microsoft Hyper-V technologies implemented and incorporated in existing company infrastructure for Cloud Compute.
- Architected private and hybrid virtual clouds.
- Understanding and experience with current Cloud IaaS giants: Amazon EC2 and Microsoft (Azure).
- Exposure to a wide variety of enterprise software, application technologies and cloud services such as, Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), Route 53, and Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC), ELB, AutoScaling
- Support of web and middleware servers, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish
- Troubleshooting and support of Java and Python applications
- Experience in migration of applications from Physical to Virtual environments
- Experience with Cloud technologies and fabrics - Amazon AWS/EC2, Microsoft Azure
- DevOps Solutions employed to utilize infrastructure as a code:
- Chef Software
- Run Books creation / implementation
- Experience analyzing, and implementing access control mechanisms and security methodologies.
- Involved in the security issues dealing with cloud computing and analysis.
- Used Scripting - PowerShell, Python for automation
- Directory Federation Services) and FIM 2010 R2 (Forefront identity manager) utilizing SAML
- Implemented On premise and in cloud implementation of hybrid environment.
- Supported Python Django applications
- Performed migration to Office 365 for two clients from Exchange 2010. Discovery of public and personal folders. Used ADFS 3.0 and integrated with SharePoint.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Train and mentor junior engineers on design and support activities
- Attend and participate in departmental meetings
- Provide application support, vendor evaluation, technical documentation and troubleshooting
- Support and design Web servers: IIS, Apache, and Database Servers: SQL Server 2008, SRSS
- Ordered and setup SSL certificates for IIS 6 and 7.5 web applications - for both acceptance and production environments
- Deployed PKI, NPS, DLP and secure PIN architecture to support the company’s user credentialing, encryption and Smart Card authentication protocols. Upgraded and migrated the organizations VMWare ESX/ESXi 3.5 virtual server infrastructure to VCenter 4.1 and then to VCenter 5. Designed and deployed the organization VMWare Site Recovery Manager (SRM) disaster recovery strategy and infrastructure. Network security hardening and vulnerability assessments using QRadar, Rapid7 Metasploit, Nessus, WireShark
- Provided supported SharePoint 2007, IIS 6.0 / 7.0 / 7.5
- Provided windows server 2003 / 2008 /2008 R2 monitoring
- Supported F5 load balancer
Confidential, Reston, VA
Technical Manager / Lead
- Implementation of SCCM 2007 to provide monitoring
- Spearheaded the design and implementation of secure infrastructure for hosting platforms and internal organization.
- Created the authentication schemes for multiple applications, utilizing PKI, ADFS, and Kerberos for multiple applications.
- Increased business continuity by implementation disaster recovery plans and documentation, which included communicating throughout the organization to gather business requirements and create all plans.
- Supported server and provided support in Moodle, Drupal and LMS for several clients
- Supported web servers including Apache, Tomcat, IIS 6, 7, and 7.5 and asp.net 2.0 and 3.5 applications
- Supported internal and external DNS servers
- Setup and configured domain trusts
- Supported Debian, VMWare ESX 4.1 and 5.0, Red Hat Linux Servers
- Documented requirements, developed system architecture documents and implemented solutions for clients
- Deployed internal PKI to support client applications