- 14+ years of total IT experience in complete life cycle of Software Development that includes requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing and deployment using Visual Studio 2003 - 2019.
- Adept in project life cycle processes spanning from requirements consolidation, code development, user reviews, and application deployment.
- Experience in .NET includes VB.NET/C#.NET, ADO.NET and ASP.NET. Have been involved in development of multiple internet/intranet and windows applications using .NET platform.
- Proficient in Scientific and statistical programming using VB.NET/C#.NET and MS SQL Server.
- Vast experience in GUI Development, client/server (N-tier) and Web Application Development using VB/VBA, VB.NET/C#.NET, ASP/ASP.NET, ADO.NET.
- Specialized in designing and building Conceptual, Logical and Physical Databases using Database Normalization Techniques, MS SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005/2008/2012/2014/2016 , IBM DB2, MS Access and Oracle.
- Successfully implemented Database Normalization Techniques, OLAP, ETL, Entity Relationship Modeling, Object - Relational Database Mapping Techniques, Data Serialization and Data Migration.
- Creation of backend Tables, Stored Procedures, triggers, User defined functions, Views, DTS packages, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS); Scheduling SQL Server jobs; Restoring backups using MS SQL Server/T-SQL.
- Proficient in developing .NET applications using Web Forms, Windows Forms (WinForms) and WPF.
- Proficient in using Infragistics NetAdvantage, DevExpress, Farpoint Spread, Telerik Suite for ASP.NET and other third-party controls.
- Experienced in working with multiple projects/assignments, managing them efficiently and working under high pressure to meet deadlines.
- Extensively used Crystal Reports, MS Access and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to create reports.
- Proficient in using MS Excel and MS Access to build complex tools, utilizing macros and other functionalities.
- Knowledge in Serial (RS232) Communication.
- Experienced in using Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts in Software Development.
- Extensively used Software Design Patterns including Model View View-Model (MVVM).
- Exposure to Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Ability to use multithreading in programming, and proficient in unit testing; nUnit and MS Test.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and effectively manage expectations.
- Exposure to Health, Government (Agriculture), Trading and Supply, and financial/banking/insurance sectors.
Languages: VB.NET/C#.NET, ASP.NET, Visual Basic 6 (VB6)/VBA, C++, TSQL, PSQL Java, Talend
Databases: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012/2014/2016/2017/2019 , MS Access, Oracle, MySQL, IBM DB2
Source Control: Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual Source Safe (VSS), Tortoise Subversion (SVN), Git
Software Management Tools: HP Applications Lifecycle Management (HP ALM), Version One, Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows (NT 4.0, 95, 98, 2000, XP, Vista, Server 2003-2012, 7, 8, 10), Linux (Red Hat)
Other Applications: Version One, Citrix, Crystal Report (8.5/9/10/13), MS Visual Studio/InterDev 6.0, Windows NT 4.0 Real Media, MS Office Suite, MS Visio 2003, MS SQL Server DTS
Networking/Protocols: Windows Socket, TCP/IP
Confidential, Reynoldsburg, OH
Software Development Engineer
- Gathered requirements, analyzed the existing system to determine the scope and limitations of the project.
- Designed and developed DILS using C#.NET (WinForms/WPF/WebForms), MS SQL Server and Telerik UI Controls.
- Wrote a Windows Service to import lab results from different sources (LIMS, Excel, SQL Server etc.) across a network.
- Developed custom controls, modules & interfaces in .NET
- Designed and developed a new normalized SQL database for the system.
- Created indexes on tables for faster retrieval of the data to enhance database performance.
- Designed reports using SSRS and Telerik Reporting.
- Wrote a service to automatically generate and email pdf reports to interested parties based on email distribution codes.
- Wrote scripts to analyze and expose existing bad and orphaned data.
- Migrated data from old to new system using migration scripts and ETL
- Maintenance of legacy VB6/MS Access/SQL Server and Crystal Reports application.
- Supervised and mentored less experienced developers
Environment: C#.NET/VB.NET, ADO.NET, WinForms/WPF, MS SQL Server, SSRS, MS SQL Management Studio, Telerik Controls, Telerik Reporting, XML, Windows Service, MS Excel, VB6/VBA, MS Access, Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Applications Systems Engineer
- Development and enhancement of a product suite of applications using WinForms/WPF, Model View View-Model (MVVM) pattern and other third-party controls.
- Involved in requirements gathering.
- Extended and customized existing Windows Forms (WinForms)/WPF and Controls as per requirements changes.
- I was the SSRS ad-hoc reports developer. Designed and maintained SSRS Reports and Crystal Reports.
- Researched to determine the necessity of making certain changes to the existing system.
- Wrote complex SQL statements for data cleanup in production environment.
- Fixed bugs as when they are reported in a fast-paced environment.
- Modified system to enable exporting reports to Portable Document Files (pdf).
- Maintenance and modification of .NET components as per requirement changes.
- Worked with users to identify and fix production issues (production support troubleshooting).
- Provided training and mentoring to less experienced developers.
- Participated in the QA cycle by guiding the development of testing scripts
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance
- Conducted research in programming to implement new concepts and strategies.
Environment: C#.NET, VB.NET, WinForms/WPF/WebForms, Infragistics NetAdvantage, XML, ADO.NET, MS SQL Server/TSQL, SSRS, MS Excel, VB6, MS Access, Version One, Team Foundation Server (TFS), HP Application Life Cycle Management system (ALM), Version One, FarPoint grid, nUnit, SpecFlow.
Confidential, Malvern, Pa
Senior Software Developer
- Maintenance and modification of .NET and VB6 components as per requirement changes
- Integration of the latest version (8.1) of Genesys DLL (a third-party component) into an existing call center application
- Worked with Genesys DLL to capture participant’s (Caller’s) voice or data inputs, validated data and automatically loaded participant’s information from DB2 database to the running desktop application needed by the operator
- Worked with other team members to identify and fix production issues.
- Updated and maintained existing legacy application
- Eliminated retiring ActiveX and DLL controls/components and cleaned dead codes to reflect the changes
Environment: C#.NET, Team Foundation Server (TFS), (Genesys 8.1), Third-party control (Farpoint), Telerik control, XML, ADO.NET, DB2, MS SQL Server, MS Excel
Senior Software Developer
- Designed and developed different modules and different Business Logic Components using VB.Net/C#.NET.
- Developed Windows Application using WinForms/WPF.
- Used ADO.NET objects such as Data Reader, Dataset and Data Adapter for consistent access to SQL data sources.
- Used LINQ to SQL Feature of .Net Framework for retrieving data from DB2/MS SQL Server.
- Took part in the design of the various layers presentation, business and database.
- Tied reports to WinForms which are automatically emailed to interested parties in pdf format.
- Created documentation for the complete process.
- Designed the interfaces needed for exposing the Business Components.
- Imported/Exported data from and into a text file (flat file) - parsing a file.
- Modified VB6 Application as per the requirement changes.
- Conversion/migration of VB6 applications to VB.NET.
- Created Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environment for SQL Server 2012.
- Wrote stored procedures for report server and nightly batch processing.
- Created dynamic reports using Crystal Report and MS Access.
- Involved in security design for the application.
- Implemented classes for data validation and performed edit check on the data.
- Wrote code to provide preview and printing functionality to the end users.
- Retrieved data using LINQ-to-SQL Classes, stored procedures, tables and views.
Environment: VB.NET/C#.NET 4.0/4.5, VB6, ADO.NET, DB2, SQL Server 2012, MS Access, Farpoint Grid, Telerik Controls, MS Excel