- Extensive experience running projects from conception to completion
- Knowledge of project management software including MS - Project and Asana
- Hands-on experience creating and maintaining software documentation
- Experience hiring and managing employees
- Proven leadership in building cooperative and unified development teams
- Experience mentoring junior staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience giving presentations to large and small groups
- Extensive experience working with business users in a Business Analyst and in a training capacity
Languages: C#.NET, VB.NET
Database: SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle
Other: LINQ, json, XML, OpenXml, Design Patterns, Unified Modeling Language (UML)
GIS: ESRI (ArcIMS, ArcXML), MapInfo, Google Maps API, Yahoo Maps API
Application Development Manager
- Restructured the development team. Moved from a silo-ed one person / one application model to a cross-trained team model while keeping ownership of the code with the application’s lead developer.
- Developed a documentation model and worked with developers to create meaningful, easy-to-maintain documentation for the existing applications.
- Created enough process and structure to get the development queue under control and provided scheduling and realistic timelines for customers to make sure that software was delivered on time.
- Developed the necessary infrastructure (e.g. DEV and UAT environments, software repository processes and standards, etc.) to allow a multi-person, multi-application team to function successfully including the addition of a QA tester position.
- Creator and leader of a weekly .NET Developers Meeting to enhance communication and cooperation between team members, and to develop programming standards and best practices.
- Developed a documentation tool to streamline the creation and maintenance of software documentation. All information regarding each system is now stored in a central location and is available on-line through an easy-to-use interface.
- Creation of a centralized Authorization service that provides Active Directory Authorization for all Confidential applications.
- Creation of a centralized Media Document storage solution that provides secure storage for uploaded documents for all Confidential applications.
- Worked in cooperation with Metro Enforcement of Rockford, IL to develop an application that coordinates security enforcement activities for public housing throughout the city.
- Developed a check in / check out system for building management that allows security personnel to manage people and vehicles visiting secure sites.
- Architected a flexible and scalable development environment for the rapid creation and deployment of specialized vertical market software.
Principal Software Engineer
- Worked with fellow Principal Software Engineer to define development direction, select development tools, and oversee the architecture for future development
- Initiated and served as co-chair of a Best Practices meeting to allow developers to explore and discuss new concepts. New technologies and design principles are vetted and either added to the development environment or rejected
- Development of an XML based documentation system to manage documentation process. Provides an easy-to-navigate interface for developers and a reporting interface for management.
- Design and development of program wide tools including Library of common functions, a wrapper for the OpenXML SDK, and a GDI+ graphics utility
Sr. Developer and Manager
- Technical liaison with client companies
- Requirements gathering and system design for U.S. based customers
- Oversaw the roll-out of an international enterprise system for data gathering and reporting
- Responsible for requirements gathering and design of an enterprise system for donation management, and events coordination for faith based non-profit organizations
- Development of automated data transfer system utilizing Windows Communication Foundation