- Total 24 years of experience in database design, architecture and integration between enterprise platforms to ensure the accurate and timely execution of business processes.
- Design and implementation of Big Data (Pivotal Hadoop Platform). Implemented and designed large data lake for Claims and Risk management products.
- Experience with both normalized and dimensional data models, structured and unstructured data, and hands - on knowledge of data integration techniques.
- Experience in managing large global dba team.
- Expert in performance tuning of the entire platform.
- Designed and implemented Common Data Model (Master Data Management and transactional data) for complex supply chain platform.
- Worked with IBM Informix R&D team to implement new features in Informix version 10.
- Worked with number of Fortune 100 companies to implement supply chain products. Examples include Wal-Mart, Kroger, Sysco, and Home Depot.
- Proven communication, problem solving and learning skills.
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris, HP-Unix, AIX, Windows, Linux, MVS, OS2
Databases: Oracle V10g/11g/12c, Oracle RAC, Data Guard, Oracle Tools, Informix V10, DB2V9.5, GreenPlum DB. HAWK & Hive.
Modeling/Development Tools: Erwin, ER Studio, Toad, DB Artisan
Migration Tools: Oracle Migration Work Bench, DB2 Migration Toolkit
Programming Languages: Parallel DML, PL/SQL, SPL, C, COBOL, UNIX Shell Scripts & Python
- Design data models (logical and physical) & data architecture for 7 brand new software products. Examples include Trading Partner Management, Transportation and Execution, Distributed Order Management and Supply Chain Inventory Visibility.
- For Logistics consolidated 17 different software products onto a single Logistics Event Management Architecture. Designed and architected the data model that supported requirements of these distinct but related transportation software products.
- For Manhattan Associated, conceived and designed a single data model across all of Manhattan’s products.
- Enhanced Manhattan Associates common data model to in corporate acquired software products.
- Database Administration of Production/Development environments.
- Worked with IBM Informix R&D team to include new features into Informix Version 10 to support Global TMS project for the world’s largest retailer Wal-Mart.
- Successful implementation of MANH products at Sysco, Wal-Mart, Kroger, Home Depot, Lockheed martin, Publix, Heb, Rite Aid and other 50 more customers.
- Implemented and architected more than 25 RAC installations.
- Implemented 10 Exadata implementations.
- DB2 development/Design/Performance tuning. DB2 was the main DB for WalMart database. Did migration from Oracle to DB2.
- Implemented 20 clients that used DB2 for WMS project.
Data Base Architect
- Design & analysis of Confidential sourcing product.
- Implemented parallel servers/Sun clusters for high HA.
- Developed PL/SQL objects to globalize Confidential product.
- Data migration & Data synchronization for European languages.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the development environment.
- Develop disaster recovery & backup systems.
Data Base Architect/DBA
- Technical Team lead and Database Architect.
- Successfully developed 5 large production projects for clients like GE, 3M.
- Installed and configured Oracle Application Server, Oracle Parallel Servers.
- Installed, developed a product using Oracle Intermedia.
- Responsible for gathering requirements, developing and maintaining various aspects of the projects.
- Developed a procurement system using PLSQL cartridges.
- Implemented EDI integration with the GE’s procurement product.
- Responsible for performance tuning of the GE procurement product.
- Tuned several oracle databases.
- Implemented stress testing using Load Runner.