- Global 24x7 Server and Storage environment
- Manage, Architect, and Engineer Enterprise - Class Storage Hardware from EMC XtremIO, VMAX-1, VMAX40K, VMAX250F, PowerMAX, VxRack, VxRail, Unity, Isilon, Centera and Clarion), HDS (USP), (VSP), (G1000), 3PAR, Network Appliances (NAS Filer) 7-Mode and CDOT OnTap 8.x. OnCommand Unified Manager, Snap Vault and Snap Mirror, OneFS, HPC, Storage Navigator, Unisphere.
- Manage, Architect, and Engineer Enterprise-Class Fiber Switch/Director Hardware from Cisco MDS 9500, Brocade GEN5. BNA, and FOS upgrades.
- HP, Dell, servers and Blade Centers Cisco UCS Blade Centers.
- Work with Veritas Volume Manager, Powerpath and LVM.
- Large VMware environment, vCenter, vRealize, VROPS, Windows 2008 & 2012, Oracle Solaris, RHEL 5 & 6, Oracle RAC & ASM.
- Configuration and monitoring of replication strategies VxRack, VxRail, Unity, Navisphere, ECC, SRDF, BCV Clone, SyncIQ, Tuning Manager, CCI, Shadow Image, True Copy, Tagma Store, Raidcom, and HiCommand)
- Work with best practice storage concepts (mapping/creation, FC Switch Configs)
- Work with and administration of Data Domain, Veritas Netbackup, Tivoli Storage Manager, Avamar, and Commvault
- IP Network, WAN and LAN free (SAN) based data backup design and configuration.
- Data protection and backup recovery solutions such as using virtual tape, disk to disk to tape, data replication.
- 7-Mode to CDOT NetApp, NetApp to Isilon/Unity Migrations.
- VMAX and HDS to XtremeIO and PowerMAX migratioons
- Unix and/or Windows systems administration, Oracle ASM, Veritas VxVM and VxFS.
- OS/Application storage requirements (File System Layout and Databases)
- System Fault Tolerance Design, Business continuity and Disaster recovery planning.
- Consolidate datacenter co-location space PROD, reduce square footage by fifty percent
- Switch upgrade at DR site MDS 9706 upgraded to MDS 9710
- Integrate relocated Cisco MDS 9710s into environment at PROD. ISL to existing MDS 9513s
- Upgraded firmware MDS 9710s, configure port trunking.
- Migrate data for test from HDS VSP to EMC VMAX using EMC Open Replicator
- Implement 8 engine EMC PowerMax V1000 VxBlock 1.5 PB capacity
- Migrate data from HDS VSP and EMC VMAX to EMC PowerMax
- Migration tools used EMC Open Replicator, Storage vMotion, and AIX LPM
- Zoning and VSAN creation using Cisco DCNM
- Monitor remote datacenter environments consisting of Dell Compellent and Brocade SAN Fabric. Brocade 7800 fabric extenders used for long distant replication
- Architect design, and Implement two (2) PowerMax 2000 dual engine array frames
- Configure embedded eManagment Unisphere and vApp Manager
- Configure Storage Group, Port Group and devices for testing SRDF and Timefinder
- Verify zoning and connectivity best practices.
- Provide Design Config and Runbook documentation.
- Knowledge Transfer to Confidential Operations Team (RBS)
- Configure SRDF/A for Disaster Recovery NDM
- SAN Fabric is dual MDS 9710 directors at each location
- Migrate existing data from Xtreme IO and XIV. Wintel, VMWare ESXi, and AIX and Linux UNIX
- Migration tools used EMC Open Replicator, Storage vMotion, and AIX LPM
- Hardware: HP Bladecenters, Confidential Power8
- Architect and implement data migration from legacy storage environment
- Migrate 25TB from EMC NS960 to Dell/EMC Unity 500
- Environment is Windows Server 2008, 2012, Oracle Sun Solaris 10, and Linux RHEL 6.
- Used EMCopy and Rsync
- Cutover 40 servers
- Architect and design integration environment of acquisition SGK into Confidential Intl
- Global Storage environment US, EMEA, APAC, Australia
- Server compute environment is VMWare ESXi 5.5, vCenter 5.5, and Windows 2008, 2012, and Linux RHEL 5 & 6.
- Storage environment is Cisco switch fabric, Confidential XIV GEN I & II, DS-Midrange 3500, v5K-v7K, Dell 3800, and 7Mode/CDOT NetApp.
- Cisco MDS Switch Environment Core Directors, edge switrches
- Many locations are converged environments.
- Remediation to upgrade firmware on all storage arrays
- Active Directory
- Global Commvault Backup.
- Cherwell Service Management Problem Ticket and Incident resolution
- Large NetApp environment
- NetApp Migrations
- Resident Consultant to Wells Fargo North America environment
- Assist Brocade clients with the implementation of Brocade SAN Fabrics
- Provide configuration templates and configuration guides for implementation of new directors as well as upgrade of existing directors.
- Subject Matter Expert Brocade Network Advisor
- Subject Matter Expert Brocade Fabric Vision.
- Subject Matter Expert MAPSDB and FLOW Vision
- Assist clients in performing regular SAN Health Checks
- Assist clients with end-to-end fabric monitoring
- Travel to client sites to assist EMC with initial install and configuration of new directors.
- Perform pre-install testing and runbooks for fabric implementation and upgrades.
- Architect, design, install/ and configure one (1) new Confidential Storwize v5000.
- Install/configure two (2) new SAN24B-4 (Brocade 300E) SAN Switches.
- Configure zoning on two (2) new SAN24B-4 SAN (Brocade 300E) Switches to match server/storage environment (SVC to be de-commissioned no longer used).
- Connect existing DS4700 storage into new SAN Switches.
- Configure existing DS4700 storage behind the v5000 as virtualized LUNs.
- Configure connectivity/LUN access of existing BladeCenter through new SAN Switches.
- Migrate 6.5 TB of data (6-8 LUNs) from DS4700 to Integrated SVC/v5000 using the v5000 Migration Tool.
- Validate all servers (1 System P, and up to 3 blades) can access their v5000 LUNs via new SAN Switches.
- Design and configure one (1) new Confidential Power8 PowerVM (Dual VIO serving NPIV & 802.1 VLANs).
- Install & configure one (1) new AIX V7.1 NIM server.
- Map SAN Storage to 33 AIX instances.
- Assist in migrating three (3) AIX instances, exclusively using the Confidential Storwize V5000 storage, to the new Power8 server.
- SAN Admin for steady state support of NBSA account
- Subject Matter Expert for environment
- Problem and Incident resolution using Service Now
- Confidential DS8800, XIV, SVC, and N-Series NAS 6240 (7-Mode), Brocade FOS and Brocade Network Advisor, Brocade Fabric Watch, Fabric Vision, and MAPs
- Brocade DCX SAN Directors
- Data OnTap, CDOT, Confidential Copy Services (FlashCopy), Confidential AIX, and Oracle Solaris 8,9, and 10 Global Zones
- CLI on all SAN devices
- Confidential TPC for SAN, Disk, and Backup as well as HealthCheck
- Confidential SSD Multi-Pathing
- Windows and VMWare native MPIO LPM (LPAR Mobility)
- Perform micro-code and FOS upgrades on Brocade 8510 Directors, SVC Clusters, and NAS Filers.
- Implement Confidential Spectrum Virtualize
Sr Storage Solutions Architect
- Update DCNM Prime and firmware on Cisco Directors MDS 9513 for HCSC environment.
- Confidential SAN Volume Controller update and consolidation.
- Environment is EMC VNX, EMC Isilon, Confidential DS8870, Confidential SVC, and HDS VSP/HUS-150/HUS-VM HiCommand, Tuning Manager.
- PROD environment located in Waukegan. DR environment located in Fort Worth, TX
- Replication technologies HDS ShadowImage, TureCopy, Confidential TPC, TPC-R, Global Mirror and EMC Isilon SyncIQ.
Sr Storage Solutions Architect
- Confirm documentation of DR plan for pre- test and actual testing.
- Confirm replication is in place and that mapping of source to target devices is correct.
- Confirm replication of Isilon NAS shares.
- Troubleshoot PowerPath issues on target DR server. Source server located in Atlanta, GA
- Upgrade PowerPath from v5.5 to v6.0
- Server is Solaris 10 zones.
- Replication technologies are Isilon SyncIQ and VPLEX/RecoverPoint.
- Storage for block is EMC VMAX and NAS is Isilon X-Blade.
- Executed successful DR exercise.
- DB Administration Oracle DataPump
Sr Storage Solutions Architect
- Design and document DR plan for testing.
- Determine which replication technologies will be relevant and document failover procedure for each.
- Determine which hosts will need to be activated at DR site, create zones and configure active zoneset on SAN switches.
- Replication technologies include Pure Storage Flash Replication, VPLEX/RecoverPoint, Celerra Replication, Isilon SyncIQ, and Centera Replication.
- Environment is Linux, Windows, Oracle, SQL Server, HP Blade Centers, UCS Blade Centers, SRM, Pure Storage, EMC VMAX, EMC NS Series, EMC Isilon, and Cisco MDS Director Class Fibre Channel switches. Active/Passive some HA hosts are live.
Large Systems Enterprise Solutions Architect
- Architect datacenter migration, datacenter build. Migrate current primary site to secondary site, build new DR/secondary site.
- Perform baseline measurements before and afterwards.
- Perform full system backups prior to datacenter relocation.
- Re IP iSeries frames and test connectivity prior to move.
- Use LPAR Mobility (LPM) to virtually migrate LPARs live.
- Minimize the downtime.
- Capacity planning to facilitate data migrations.
- AIX and Wintel Confidential H Blade Centers.
- Confidential SVC, EMC and associated SAN infrastructure N-NAS, DS4800, DS5300, DS8300, XIV and UCS/EMC vBLOCK/VMAX. XtremIO, and Cisco MDS 9513 Fabric directors.
- Confidential TSM for backup including large 3584 tape libraries.
- Confidential P Series PowerHA, P570, Power6 570, P595, Power6 595, and P795 .
- Confidential AS400 legacy iSeries i520 and i570.
- Migrate large Windows and VMWare ESX environment from Confidential storage to EMC VBLOCK/VMAX.
- Upgrade AIX from 5.3 and 6.1 to 7.x
- P2V conversions VMware to reduce footprint in datacenter.
- Fiber channel to FCOE conversions.
- Confidential SSD Multi-pathing
- EMC PowerPath
- Documented migration strategy and environment Visio, Excel, and Word.
- Design and architect New Greenfield Environment to be implemented
- Cisco MDS 9710 Directors at both datacenters
- (2) Confidential Power 880 at Primary datacenter, update P795 for Power VM environment
- (2) Confidential GEN IV XIV, (2) Confidential v7000 - SAP and dedicated TSM disk pool at Primary datacenter
- New SVC Clusters
- Flashcopy, Metromirror
- EMC vBLOCK, XtremI/O, DataDomain RecoverPoint, Isilon, and Avamar added to Primary site to implement vPLEX
- Confidential Power 870 Power VM at DR site
- Confidential GEN IV XIV, Confidential v7000 dedicated TSM disk pool at DR site
- New SVC Clusters
- Flashcopy, Metromirror
- EMC vBLOCK, XtremI/O, DataDomain, RecoverPoint, Isilon, and Avamar added to DR site to implement vPLEX
- Thick to thin LUN migration on PROD and DR VMAX.
- Upgrade Veritas Storage Foundation Suite from 4.x to 5.1 on Sun Solaris v9 and v10 Oracle DB servers to facilitate migration.
- Implement FAST-VP. Upgrade OnTap to facilitate NDMP backups.
- Phaseout of legacy Novell and Sun Solaris environments. Move to Active Directory and new Sun hardware or AIX/Linux.
- Evaluate and make design recommendations for consolidation of NAS and mid-tier CX SAN environments (recommendation is to be moved to VMAX and VNX VG8 Gateway).
- VMAX and VNX VG8 Gateway solution is being implemented.
- Evaluate current backup solution and make recommendations for enhancements or new backup and archive solution.
- Design migration from TSM and Data Domain environment to Commvault and Isilon.
- Refresh aging network infrastructure to high speed convergered.
- SAN environment consist two (2) VMAX 20K, two (2) EMC CX4-960, EMC RecoverPoint, two (2) EMC VTL-MF DLM, two (2) NetApp FAS 3040, two (2) Data Domain 880, two (2), Confidential TS3584 Tape Libraries, four (4) Cisco MDS 9513 FC Switches, four (4) Cisco 9222i FC Switches.
- Upgraded environment from Cisco MDS9500 GENII series switches to GENIII series switches. Configured FCIP Tunneling for Open Systems and Mainframe SRDF replication.
- EMC SMAS, DPA, EMC SYMCLI, EMC SRDF and TimeFinder, NetApp OPS Manager, NetApp OnTap (C-MODE), NetApp SnapVol and SnapMirror, Cisco Fabric Manager Data Center Edition.
- Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle 11g, Confidential DB2, Confidential AIX, Sun Solaris, RHEL5, WIN 2k3/2K8, VMware ESX v4, VMware VDI, Novell, Confidential TSM, TKLM, Confidential VIO, NIM, and HMC, Veritas Storage Foundation 4x/5x, PowerPath, Veritas DMP, and MPIO.
- Confidential Pseries-5, HP DL-380/DL-580.
- Design Implementation of new Confidential Pseries-7.
- Design Implementation of new Oracle/Sun T-5000 series servers, Solaris Zones, and Oracle Solaris environment migration.
- Provide Knowledge Transfer and Runbook to Blue Cross Storage Team.
- Install/configure Oracle VM Manager for Oracle Linux on Sun x3 servers.
- Install/configure Oracle VM Server for Oracle Linux on Sun x3 servers.
- Create VM’s OS Oracle Linux.
- Configure SSO (Single Sign On) on Oracle Linux
- Configure HAP (Hardware Assisted Paging) on Oracle Linux.
- Configure Connection Manager on Oracle Linux.
- Configure network to use NIC bonding and VLAN Tagging (802.1p).
- Design Data Center Buildout for DR replication and testing.
- Design and build environment for replication testing of DB2 and MSSQL databases as well as VMware VDI on NetApp.
- SAN environment consist two (1) VMAX-1 (2) EMC VMAX SE, one (1) Data Domain 890, two (2) Data Domain 690, Confidential TS3500, two (2) EMC 5100B FC Switches, two (2) EMC DCX-B, Cisco Nexus 5000, Cisco Nexus 7000, EMC MP 7800B and two (2) NetApp FAS 3270.
- EMC SMAS, DPA, NetApp OPS Manager, EMC Connetrix Manager Data Center Edition, Brocade Webtools, Confidential VIOS/HMC.
- Microsoft SQL Server, Confidential DB2, Confidential AIX, WIN 2K3/2K8, ESX v4/5, Confidential TSM, TKLM, Confidential VIO and HMC.
- HP Proliant DL380 G7, Confidential P740.
- Did switch design and configuration and configured MP-7800’s FCIP tunnel for replication from K.C. to Portsmouth.
- Did switch design and configuration and all zoning for all hosts and Data Domain on 5100B’s and EMC DCX-B/Brocade 8510.
- Installed and configured Connectrix Manager DE, ECC, Solutions Enabler, SMAS(SMC), and SPA for PROD and DR VMAX management.
- Install and configuration of PowerPath on hosts. Also ODM filesets on AIX/VIO servers.
- Provisioned storage to AIX, MSSQL, and TSM hosts on VMAX.
- Designed, configured, and implemented SRDF/A for MSSQL and AIX/DB2 on VMAX SE’s and VMAX-1.
- Designed, configured, and implemented FAST VP.
- Working with International Services Account Team as Storage SME for EMC, Confidential , and Confidential storage.
- Confidential TPC, EMC SMC, Unisphere, ECC. All software tools for each vendors arrays.
- WIN 2K8/2K3, Confidential AIX, RHEL4/5, VMware ESX v4.
- Confidential DS4000, DS8000, V7000, and XIV.
- EMC VMAX, DMX, VNX, CLARiiON, and Celerra
- Confidential USP-V, VSP, XP, AMS
- Brocade and Cisco SAN switches.
- Work on largest accounts in U.S. for International clients, as well U.S. clients.
Senior Professional Services Consultant
- Create Design Workbook to implement VNX5500 for block.
- Create Storage Pools, Storage Groups and provision storage.
- Zone host environment to Brocade DS300B SAN.
- MS SQL Cluster and ESX.
- Implement VNX VG2 NAS Gateway with CLARiiON CX-4 as storage.
- Configure Control Stations for standby failover.
- Configure Data Movers for standby failover.
- Zone Control stations and Gateway to Brocade DS300B SAN.
- Configure Raid Group for expansion of existing CIFS share.
- Configure four (4) new NFS exports for ESX environment.
- Host remediation and validation for dev/test and production environments to facilitate 5875 code upgrade on VMAX.
- Migration from DMX and CX to DEV/TEST and PROD VMAX(s).
- EMC Grab collection and HEAT Report generation.
- Consult on integration of legacy Confidential environment related to Block Buster acquisition.
- EMC VMAX, CX, Data Domain, NetApp,Sun Solaris 10, HP-UX 11i, and Windows 2003 Enterprise environment
- Oracle, VMware, HP VPAR, Sun Solaris Zones.
- Design and implement EMC VNX 5500 Unified array using best practice methods from EMC and Microsoft.
- Application environemnt is Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Microsoft Terminal Services 2008, and VMware ESX 4.1 .
- Hardware environment is Confidential Blade Center HS22, Brocade 5100 FC Switches, and EMC VNX5500.
- EMC Unisphere and Brocade Webtools.
- Provide Knowledge Transfer and Runbook to client.
- Performed advanced storage administration for UNIX and Intel x86 platforms, applications and services in support of Confidential systems around the world.
- Participated in process improvement initiatives using advanced knowledge of industry best practices.
- Monitored system availability, performance and capacity. Testing, installing and configuring new and existing hardware and software for servers and small systems
- Maintain Enterprise Storage and SAN infrastructure for business and critical systems such as Oracle 11g RAC, e-Business Suite, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Middleware (SOA, WebMethods), Baan/Informix, HP Project and Portfolio Manager (PPM), Service Manager.
- Generate SAN reports using Unisphere Analyzer and other diagnostic tools. Unisphere and Brocade Webtools.
- EMC Clariion, Data Domain, RecoverPoint and Brocade. VNXe and VNX-5300 configuration/implemention, initial configuration and carving out LUNs on new Clarion / Celera. NS-960, VNXe, VNX-5300, Data Domain, RecoverPoint, and Brocade.
- Implemented UCS VNX 5300 VBLOCK environment.
- Facilitate migration of VMware ESX 4.1 environment. Migrating from FC direct attached Pillar to FC and iSCSI attached EMC.
- Implement new Storage environment on EMC NS-120 integrated unified system Celerra NS-120/CLARiiON CX-4. Unisphere, Unisphere Analyzer, PowerPath, FAST2 VP.
- SAN environment is Brocade DS5300, Brocade Webtools, QLogic HBA, Sun Soalris 10 with LDOMS and ZFS, ESX4.1 and 3.5 with Vcenter and Vsphere/Vmotion, Dell PowerEdge R805, Sun T5140 and M4000 servers.
- Upgraded Celerra NS-120 and CLARiiON CX-4 to the most current code levels.
- Provide Knowledge Transfer and runbook to Confidential amp;T Storage Team.
- Facilitate migration of UOC from legacy Confidential (SVC) DS4700, Shark, and EMC (CX) storage to new EMC environment (220TB). Client also has NetApp FAS6000.
- Storage is EMC VMAX FAST2 VP, NS-480 integrated NAS, VNX-5700, and ESRS Gateway.
- SAN environment is dual Cisco MDS 9148, Brocade DCX directors with Device Manager, Cisco Fabric Manager, Webtools, Brocade DCFM, QLogic HBA, PowerPath, and Sanwatch. Dell Blade servers and Confidential P6.
- Nexus 5000 & 7000. RHEL5, SLES9, Sun Solaris 10, Confidential -AIX 5.x - 6.x, VMware ESX4.0 and Windows servers.
- EMC Unisphere Element Manager, Symmetrix Management Console, Replication Manager, Open Replicator, Unisphere Analyzer, and SPA.
- Configure and implement SRDF/A and FAST.
- Implementing VNX, NetWorker, EMC Data Domain/Avamar Isilon, EMC Data Protection Advisor (DPA) backup environment.
- Confidential TSM 6 is current backup strategy.
- Provide Knowledge Transfer to UOC Storage Team.