- I seek a long - term development position with the opportunity to make significant.
- Meaningful contributions to a product’s success, as well as seek opportunity to grow and apply my knowledge at a management and architectural level.
- Microsoft SQL Server & T-SQL
- NoSQL (Couchbase, CosmosDB)
- Microsoft .NET Framework & .NET Core
- Microsoft Azure Storage
- Web API
- WCF & RESTful Service Design
- Microsoft SharePoint Server
Senior SAAS CONSULTANT
- Development, Architecting and Implementing Confidential BillBLAST, a cloud-native ETL solution. BillBLAST, written in node.js, provides automation for law firm E-billing, handling millions of bills monthly.
- The implementations utilize extensive SQL/Database Server expertise and node.js programming to suit client customization requirements.
- My role encompasses both client contact regarding implementation and customization, ETL solution architecture, product development, and mentoring a team of 5.
- Implementing the Handshake Search knowledge management product, which utilizes Microsoft SharePoint Server search technology.
Senior software engineer & APPLICATION ARCHITECT
- Responsible for end-to-end application development including database, business logic layer and front-end design and development.
- While I have had the opportunity to create and contribute to many different systems, I am the program manager and principal developer & architect for the following applications:
- A document creation and assembly library written in C#, implemented as part of the firm’s custom Microsoft Word Add-In (via VSTO) and as an Azure service.
- The library produces reliable and properly formatted court documents for attorneys and their staff, massively improving attorney & staff efficiency and reducing malpractice risk.
- I expanded the product to produce client-specific, platform-independent documents for use on any device and any modern word processor.
- While written to be cloud-native, it can run via web service, computer-local, or on Azure.
- The document specific data is stored in both Azure CosmosDB and Azure Table Storage.
- A firm-wide business data API/service layer shared among all applications providing consistent mission-critical data to all in-house developed applications.
- This service layer was written entirely in C# originally as ASP.NET Web Services SOAP/asmx, then upgraded to JSON/REST using Microsoft Web API, and also upgraded from .NET Framework 4.6 to .NET Core 2.1.
- The data was modeled using Entity Framework and connected to a data warehouse making significant use of SSIS to bring in data from many different sources.
- In the most extreme case, the move to .NET Core 2.1 with microservices reduced execution time by 99.2% of previous measurements, with an average time savings of over 80%.
- Creation of 10+ ASP.NET intranet applications for Confidential & Confidential ’s staff, automating many daily processes as well as interfacing with several vendors including Verizon.
- The last two applications I created saved the firm from replacing two FTEs.
- I utilized MVC patterns, and was responsible for creating the application’s full stack, from database modeling and creation (entirely SQL Server) to front-end design using Twitter Bootstrap and jQuery for UI elements.
- Developed internal customer data collection application “SmartApp”, built initially with ASP 3.0 website and custom VB6 business objects, later migrated to ASP.NET.
- Worked daily to implement new features and functionality which included web interface changes, business logic changes, feature addition, ETL, and back-end database design and programming.
- Skills used daily: VBScript (later C#), Microsoft T-SQL and SQL server, Visual Basic 6.0.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGER
- A role where many hats were worn; the most significant of which was an application developer creating web-based software to replace green-screen mainframe applications.
- Using ASP 3.0 and VBScript, and later Visual Basic.NET and C#, I created a meter-reading, internal water billing and accounting, payroll, and warehouse inventory web-based applications.
- All utilized IIS and SQL server back-end.
- Created external-facing website using Adobe (then Allaire) ColdFusion presenting automotive information to end-users.
- Using cold-fusion front end with Microsoft Access - later SQL Server - back end, we handled 1,000,000+ hits a month and increased sales from 10 cars per month generated by internet-related leads to over 300 cars a month. Developed re-useable, brand-able site for several subsidiary auto brokers allowing salespeople to create inventory records.
- Interfaced with several vendors via flat files to import vehicle information and normalize it into the database driving the application.