- I have a very strong and diverse technical background in both Information Technology and Radio Frequency Telecom Sector with almost 17 years of Experience.
- Most Recently, I have worked as an AWS Security Architect in which I provided remediation’s to historic Config violations and worked with the Development team to automate Remediation Solutions. Config Violations included S3 Bucket Policies, S3 Bucket Encryption at rest, IAM Cross account roles etc.
- In the Past, I have designed various small projects by using AWS services such as VPC, Subnets, Security Groups, ACL, EC2, and Elastic IP in conjunction with RDS and non - RDS databases. I also implemented Life cycle policies and versioning on various on-going AWS projects. I implemented Classic and Application Load Balancing and Auto scaling for Web based applications. I have used Physical and Logical Migration means from External MYSQL database to Amazon Aurora MySQL DB cluster.
- I have also been Responsible for managing diverse applications and cloud platform management both on Azure and AWS and have played L1 and L2 technical lead role for mission critical telemetry applications.
- Helped Architect Multitenancy Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS ) Jenkins CI/CD Pipelines for DAL 2.0 Product.
- Wrote Security Guidelines for Various IAC Resources in accordance with Qualys tool Guidelines and got them approved by Dev Infosec.
- Configured and set up JFROG XRAY for scanning various dependencies and licenses from JROG Artifactory.
- Also worked on creating Metrics for AWS Kibana tool.
- Created and completed various stories on JIRA Tool.
- As a Security AWS architect, I worked on the AWS Config tool and provided remediation to various historical Security Resource config rules violations which were associated with Customized Baxter Lambda functions. I also worked with the Development team to automate the historical resource Config violations and modified the existing Baxter Lambda functions for future violations, which would be non-complaint with AWS Config tool. This was done across all four environments e.g. Sand Box, Dev, Test and Production.
- Also used Athena on Cloud trail to get historical resource tags and other resource information.
- Provided tasks to the offshore team to provide solution to the Baxter security Project.
Lead AWS/Microsoft Azure Cloud Application Technical Manager
- As a Cloud Technical Lead, I managed, provided knowledge transfer and trained offshore team into an effective and important support force for CDDW, which is a Hadoop Big Data Application designed on Aws Platform the responsibilities included a combination of L1 and L2 tasks.
- The team monitored and maintained the Quality and Production Environments 24x7, and made sure that they were continually available for CAT customers. The team communicated issues to relevant teams and did escalations when necessary. Responsibilities included Data orchestration and Data ingestion, Job orchestration, HDFS (Hadoop) Log analysis, Deployment support, SQL Analysis on Impala and Snowflake, Consumer communication, SLA and Availability monitoring.
- Another major application that the team monitored and managed was CCDS.CCDS (Cat Connected Digital Services) is an application, which collects Telemetry data from various assets on the field all around the world and is architected on Microsoft Azure. Contrary to CDDW, which has IAAS infrastructure, CCDS is a PAAS service. The tasks included a combination of L1 and L2 tasks. The team monitored and maintained 24 X 7 various API is in the Production environment and resolved HTTP error codes. The team communicated issues to relevant teams and did escalations when necessary.
- Also worked on another parallel project on AWS project in which I used my skills to help architect Cloud watch events on new AWS CCDS Platform.
Lead AWS Cloud Infrastructure Engineer/AWS Architect
- Managed a team of six Infra Engineers for the Confidential KLT project, which included supervision, and delegation of daily responsibilities.
- Provided L2 support for resolution of Infra related tickets related to the KLT Product in both Staging and Production in a timely fashion. The staging servers were in the AWS Cloud and Production in Azure Platform.
- Designed EC2, EBS, VPC, and Subnets Manually and then automated the process by using Cloud formation scripts/templates.
- Implemented Lifecycle Policies and Versioning on S3 buckets.
- Used CloudWatch on AWS to monitor KPI such as CPU, Memory, requests etc. and set SNS service for notification purposes.
- Took MSSQL backups and stored in s3 buckets both on Windows R12 using S3 transfer agent
- Set up and trouble shoot any issues regarding Windows R12 servers and Linux Centos 7.4 servers in both staging and Production Environments.
- Worked with a team of developers on the KLT upgrade tool, which included providing Infrastructure support as well as documenting operational run book of the upgrade tool. Also used JIRA in this respective task.