- Supervise team of three .NET developers (onshore and offshore); ensure work pipeline is full, track project hours, assign and oversee all .NET work, design specs for all .NET applications, perform secure code reviews; manage long term .NET planning; establish common standards for EFT and Finance development.
- Modernize, Consolidate and Standardize 40+ PCI - restricted applications; organize and document tangled TFS codebase for over 40 EFT-related applications, most requiring PCI level security and having little or no documentation or coding standards; secure against OWASP Top 10 and more.
- Design highly successful user maintainable data mapping application to handle state Lotto sales data. Six States, twenty-seven file formats. Saved 30+ hours/week for business user; near zero IT support required.
- Revamp insecure, outdated GiftCard Order Management System. Replaced ASP Classic era application that had 5 different user interfaces and unmanageable code with secure, PCI compliant application with standard UI, multiple validation points for all data, with modern architecture and code layout.
- Develop multiple Visual Studio/TFS extensions including producing application documentation (Business Requirements, High/Low Level Technical Specs) from TFS Work Items, documenting technical details of all applications in a TFS project, and retrieving Stored Procedure names used by WCF services to provide trail from application to service to database.
Environment: .NET (C#/VB) 4.x, IBM DB2/MS SQL, Visual Studio 2013/2015/2017 w/TFS.
- Rewrote Confidential Customer Ordering system to increase speed, usability, functionality and maintainability.
- Authored .NET specification for Confidential Direct Ship project as well as doing design and part of coding. Directed offshore programmers in all technical details. Revamped UI elements to improve user experience and maintainability. Began transition of 2 tier application to 3 tier model with comprehensive use of Business Objects. Added functionality and reduced size of pages.
- Worked closely with group Architect to test and institute design changes to Confidential .Common.Privilege codebase. Code I wrote is now used as basis for accessing this service throughout Confidential . Also wrote lightweight code library replacing retired Confidential .Ent data access and Confidential .Ent Web functions - enabling smooth transition of older applications.
- Mentored new employees and veterans new to .NET.
Environment: .NET (C#/VB) 4.x, IBM DB2/MS SQL, Visual Studio 2010/2013 w/TFS.
- Designed and wrote Check Request Intranet application with Greg Brosco.
- Design Handheld and Intranet application for audit teams with Sheldon Shaw.
Environment: VB.NET 3.5, IBM DB2, Visual Studio 2008/2010 w/TFS. SSRS.
- Authored Software Development policy to meet stringent FDA regulations; built Visual Studio/Sharepoint 2010 environment to support process.
- Authored all supporting documentation (Quality, Testing, User Requirements, Design Specs, etc.) for SDLC process
- Verified and Validated all FDA regulated applications in VB.NET and C# environment
- Wrote C# Intranet applications to support sales and patient record tracking
Environment: C#, VB.NET 3.5, SQL Server 2005/2008, Visual Studio 2008/2010 w/TFS.