- Software Developer with experience in utilizing MS OFFICE VBA (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), VISUAL BASIC as front - end and MS ACCESS, SQL SERVER, SYBASE, and ORACLE as back-end. Full project life-cycle expertise
- Including System Design, Business Requirements, Business and Technical Analysis, Data Analysis, Database Design, Data Migration, VBA to C# .NET Platform Code Migration. Project Management, Application Design and Development, Performance Optimization, Sr.Management Presentations, User, and Application Support.
- Well-versed in database architecture, analyses and normalization. Skilled in the assessment of client-side technologies including various versions and tools. Adept at communicating technical details and projects to colleagues and management in verbal and written form.
Tools/Database: VBA (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), SharePoint, RAD, T - SQL (stored procedures, triggers),t, Perforce, PVCS Version Manager, MS Visual SourceSafe, 3rd party VBXs and OCXs, . Experienced in RAD, migration of data between different databases and data sources
Programming/Scripting Language: Visual Studio, C# HTML, DHTML, ASP, VB Scrip XML
Software: MS OFFICE (EXCEL, POWERPOINT, WORD, ACCESS, OUTLOOK), MS VS with C#, MS VISUAL BASIC, SQL SERVER, ORACLE, SYBASE, WINDOWS API, Crystal Reports, and SharePoint.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Analyze, validate, and upload new PEGA and SCOW data from extracted SharePoint site files.
- Easily look up the records by ID or Legal Entity name.
- Present details of data for any chosen PEGA or SCOW record.
- Show and update dependencies between PEGA and SCOW data.
- Update any data metric per chosen record.
- Calculate and record work hour effort per User/Case ID, which includes effort per day, effort per current week and total effort per Case ID. The data is going to be used for future analyses that will enable upper management to optimize work load for KYC resources and to manage resource count.
Confidential, Hoboken, NJ
- Produce customized user entry forms based on the user’s chosen line of coverage and specific coverage selections.
- Create The Carrier Specification sheet with the list of available Carriers as well as all selected lines of coverage.
- Select any Carrier and any coverage that belongs to the chosen Line of Coverage to do the following:
- Generate The Carrier Specification workbook and upload it to SharePoint.
- Generate emails to the Carrier, which include the Carrier Specification workbook as attachment.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Verifies and validates data in the source Excel dataset files.
- Creates output Excel files organized according to SQL Server table format data.
- Updates data in the created output Excel files to be compatible with the CSV file format
- Creates a file structure to archive input/output files
- Converts the Excel output files into CSV format files and archives the CSV files
- Creates the XML files for BCP
- Creates the BCP batch file
- Shells the BCP batch file that uses the earlier created XML file in order to upload the stored CSV file to the SQL Server database. The BCP batch file also creates two log files - error and success logs
- Validates data uploaded to the SQL Server database by reading output and error log files and comparing it to data in the database.
- Reverts uploaded data from the CSV-compatible format to the original values
- Stores all stages of the process and all raised errors in the SQL Server database log tables for future analyses.
Confidential, New York.
- The application has improved business processes in the following ways
- Runtime for various reports, such as Actuals, Adjustments, Budget Revisions, and Reforecasting reports, has been significantly reduced, resulting in a savings of 16 man hours per report cycle and more time for analysis of reports
- Controls have become stronger, and opportunities for human error to creep in have been reduced
- Data is now easier to provide to other groups within the company
- The application calculates budget data vs. actual data for domestic and international entities, prepares templates with pre-calculated data, and generates Excel reports
- The application converts the Multinational, Intercompany Reinsurance, Management Credit, and Expense items from the Producing Office budget to Legal Entity
Confidential, New York, NY
- Creating the design proposal (workflow diagram, description of all project component functionalities, snapshots of the user interface, detailed timeframe for project milestones, dependencies, and resource requirements)
- Normalizing the database and standardizing input data
- Creating the front-end interface (forms, queries, database macros. Modules, and classes) and back-end tables with normalized relationships
- Producing interactive Excel templates that adjust, reconcile and log data, that facilitate metric navigation for users, and that run trend analyses for multiple metrics
- Coding functionalities in VBA that automate the following tasks:
- Validating input source files (structure, field names and order, data format and value)
- Uploading data to the database tables and organizing data for subsequent processing.
- Calculating data and running the counterparty ranking process, which is based on derivative, money market, and issuer risk values
- Organizing and calculating data, and creating the final Monthly and Weekly output reports.
- Storing the final report data in historical tables for future analysis and archiving the source files.