Talented software developer with 5 years of hands-on experience designing, programming, and testing leading-edge web applications. Proven knowledge of the software development lifecycle, with expertise in methodologies such as Scrum, Waterfall, and XP. Demonstrated track record of delivering best-in-class software that surpassed user requirements for functionality and ease of use. Adept at translating customer requirements into comprehensible designs and technical specifications.
Requirements Management · Design Diagrams · Web Application Development · Project Coordination
Technical Specifications · Testing · Software Development Lifecycle · User Interface (UI) Development
Troubleshooting · Process Improvements · Communication
Languages: C#, ASP.NET
Databases: MS SQL Server (2005, 2008)
Tools: MS Visual Studio (2008, 2010)
Platforms: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7
Testing: NUnit, JUnit, Marathon, Bugzilla
Design: Adobe Photoshop
Software Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Star UML
SDLC Methodologies: Scrum, XP, Waterfall
CAREER NOTE: Completed on-campus studies and currently taking distance education courses to complete a Master's Degree in Computer Science (Available for full-time, W-2 employment).
Confidential, Phnom Penh, Cambodia · 2010-2011
Cambodian human rights organization spreading information and aid through social media.
- Get five donors to sponsor the project in a few months after launching the project.
- Facilitated development and delivery of updated features by gathering all requirements prior to analysis, design, and implementation.
- Introduced security functionalities capable of tracking all IPs and user authentication when users logged on or having transactions such as insert, update or delete on the application.
- Received a promotion to Web Officer after a successful press conference to release the application.
Confidential, Phnom Penh, Cambodia · 2009-2010
National subsidiary of the Yellow Pages, focused on delivery and enhancement of the YP web application.
- Cooperated with the development team to ensure an optimal design and deliver an application with user-friendly performance and features.
- Generate report(monthly, quarterly, yearly) by combining data from many different resources without duplication and make data more consistent.
- Practicing and applying the new technologies successfully on projects to make it complete on time.
- Get along well with all the team members and always complete the tasks on time.
Confidential, Phnom Penh, Cambodia · 2006-2009
Developers of desktop and web applications for both local and international clients.
Senior IT Programmer
- Recognized for outstanding performance with a promotion to Senior IT Programmer.
- Designed and developed a tool capable of generating a class for mapping all tables within a database.
- Develop the applications which support with multi languages in any browsers.
- Solved a complex problem in report generation by separating the process scheduling task.
- Improved the look and functionality of web applications using JQuery.
- Aligned reports with customer requirements through customization.
Master of Science, Computer Science
Fundamental Programming · Modern Programming · Software Engineering · Software Testing
Database Management Systems · Algorithms Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
- Library Management System: Part of a 4-person team tasked with analyzing and designing sequences and class diagrams for the 4 main subsystems of a library management system, spanning loan, return, reservation, and publication management functions. Designed the system with both a business and presentation layer. Used Java with Eclipse as IDE, and MS Visio for diagramming.
- E-Bazaar Application: Delivered an online e-bazaar system, covering all stages rom analysis, design, diagrams, and use cases covering product management, user management, checkout, and browse / select functions. Utilized Façade pattern to structure code implemented in presentation, business, and data access layers. Used SVN for version control, Bugzilla for bug reporting, Java on Eclipse for development, and database connections in MySQL, with JUnit for white box testing and Code Coverage for black box testing.
- Library System / Testing: Leveraged XP methodology for project development, with all testing performed prior to implementation. Based the project on 3 layers: data access, business, and presentation, using a controller for data flow between the client-side and the database. Performed white box testing in JUnit and black box testing in Code Coverage, with Marathon for automated testing.