- I'm driven by the belief that everyone must continue to learn and become better. I work for the challenges and love solving them.
- I’ve been a Developer, Team Lead, Manager, Director, and at one point everything else in between.
- I have managed multiple simultaneous development projects from conception through completion in addition to having direct reports and coordinating with consultants.
- I have developed across the full stack; database, back - end/API services, web, and mobile apps.
- I've been fortunate to have had the ability to use many different technologies along the way and become a polyglot, learning the best tools for the job.
- Azure, AWS, Powershell, C++, Objective C, Java, Assembly.
- .Net (WebAPI, WCF, MVC, Winforms, Webforms), Angular, Hapi.js, Express.js, TeamCity, Jenkins, Github.
Confidential, Richmond VA
- Driver of performance, standards, quality, expectations, technical implementation and automation.
- Implemented Web API - architecting transition from WCF and centralization of business logic
- Leading the transition from WinForms to Web-based interfaces using Angular.js
- Audited SQL databases decreasing average response times by 80% and decreased space by 40%
- Established code review standards and switched from svn to git enforcing the gitflow/pull request model
- Instrumented automated code validation & testing on commit enforcing code coverage and code quality
- Implemented AppDynamics application monitoring decreasing time to resolution from hours to minutes
- Performed audits of sensitive data and architected strategy for encryption utilizing HP Secure Data/Voltage
- Partnered application owners to identify tech debt and the value of “paying it down”
- Championed system design focused on business continuity strategy
Director Mobile Development
- Oversaw all mobile app development efforts
- Mentored team of 7 developers in standards and practices
- Aided in development efforts as needed
- Architected and assisted in the development of Confidential .com, Confidential .com Rental & REMAX applications for iOS & Android
- Created Mobile Apps using Appcelerator Titanium, Objective C & Java
- Mobile optimized websites utilizing Angular.js Backbone.js, jQuery Mobile
- Architected and lead development of Node.JS api using Hapi.js framework
- API implementation included Redis, MongoDB, Lucene Solr and Elasticsearch
- Appcelerator Titanium Certified Expert
Team Lead/Application Development Manager
- Lead/Managed team of 5 developers
- ASP.Net Application development utilizing C# & VB.Net
- Designed/Implemented Lucene/Solr Search Engine (Java/Linux)
- Developed mapping solutions that searched & displayed over 5 million Confidential /properties (solr/.Net)
- Designed Reporting solutions for localized census, geo-political data & localized data graphing (php/.Net)
- Developed/Implemented Numerous 3rd party integrations (PayPal, ifByPhone, Bing, Google, etc)(php/.Net)
- Created internal tools for data matching/aggregation across multiple disparate data sets & storage implementations.
- PHP Program Developer / Microsoft SQL Server DBA
- Managed several SQL Server Instances implementing high availability through mirroring & log shipping. Implemented data integrations utilizing SSIS and custom data imports & data cleansing.
- Optimized database performance for large scale home property searches (10+million records)
- Augmented existing data sets by combining data from third party services such as Estara, ExactTarget, Bing, Google and others.
E-Commerce & Media Web Developer
- E-Commerce/ ASP/VB Script Developer
- Third party interaction with Paypal as a secure payment gateway, thePlatform for Digital Rights Management of downloadable video content and Blinx search technologies.