- Around 12 years of experience in architecting and developing Enterprise Web Applications.
- Extensive experience with development methodologies including Agile (SCRUM) and Waterfall.
- Experience in interface based development and a knowledge of design patterns.
- Strong ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications and design solutions to fit those business requirements.
- Experience in creating detailed design specification documents as well as test plans for unit and integration testing.
- Strong knowledge in developing the presentation layer using Web Forms and Windows Forms.
- Well versed with QA Methodology and QA Process to ensure the quality of the product.
- Experience in using software configuration tools including TFS (Team Foundation Server) and SVN (Subversion).
- Strong Database skills using SQL Server (Stored Procedures, and Triggers, Views and Functions) and Oracle 10g.
DEVELOPMENT TOOLS: Visual Studio 2003/2005/2008/2010/2012/2013 , Visual Web Developer, Adobe
Enterprise LiveCycle Designer:
DATABASES: MySQL, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , Access, Oracle 10g
REPORTING TOOLS: Crystal Reports 9.0/10.0, SQL Server Reporting Services 2005/2008
OTHERS: Visual Source Safe (6.0), PVCS, Serena Dimensions, Visio, MS-Office, SVN, TFS
Sr. Software Engineer
- Developed / modified UI using C#/ASP.NET Web Forms, jQuery and CSS.
- Collaborated with the Business team in analyzing user requirements and performing feasibility and impact analysis.
- Identified and resolved technical issues and defects.
- Created / Modified Stored Procedures as per user requirements.
- Created / Modified the WCF Services to implement new user requirements / functionalities.
- Worked with the QA team in creating and reviewing system test scenarios and test cases.
- Created technical design documents.
- Involved in Integration and User Acceptance Testing.
- Provided post production support.
Sr. Software Engineer
- Developed UI for different modules using ASP.NET MVC, Bootstrap, jQuery, HTML5, and CSS3.
- Created Entity Objects using Entity Framework 6.0.
- Developed the Business Service Layer using Web API.
- Worked with senior Architect to define a solution architecture guided by the architectural drivers such as business requirements, functional requirements and constraints.
- Supported project manager in technical tasks & delivery schedule development.
- Gathered/analyzed business requirements and performed feasibility analysis.
- Provided development effort estimates based on the standard estimation methodologies.
- Reviewed system test scenarios & test cases.
- Worked with project manager to ensure quality deliverables during the application lifecycle.
- Performed code reviews to ensure it met the company wide development standards.
- Identified problems and analyzed potential solutions including workarounds.
- Involved in System/Integration Testing and Post-Production support.
- Communicated plans, status and issues to management on a regular basis.
Sr. Software Engineer
- Designed the service layer component in C# to facilitate communication between PDF forms and the web application.
- Wrote SQL Stored Procedures for data operations.
- Performed effort estimation and created work breakdown structure.
- Created Test Cases, Test Plans, performed Unit Testing.
- Involved in Release Management and Post Production support.
Programmer Analyst and Technical Lead
- Migrated the product from a 2-Tier VB application to a 3-Tier Windows application in C# 3.5.
- Designed the service layer using WCF.
- Created the data layer using Entity Framework.
- Migrated the database from Access to SQL Server 2008.
- Used asynchronous programming to improve the performance of the application.
- Optimized the Bulk Loading of the data into the Database by using SSIS 2008.
- Tuned the performance of SQL queries in retrieving huge amount of data.
- Converted the old Reports in Excel to Crystal Reports 10.
- Collaborated with business users and led a team of 4 in development, testing and deployment of new User Requirements.
- Liaised with the Process team in business process improvements.
- Trained and Mentored junior associates.
Programmer Analyst/Technical Lead
- Developed new User Interface in ASP.NET 2.0 with AJAX Extensions and Services Layer in Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) for the module Loan Origination System.
- Designed the database in SQL Server 2005.
- Created design documents for the module.
- Used jQuery for form validations and styling.
- Implemented the Reporting feature in the module in SQL Server Reporting Services 2005.
- Led a team of 5 in customization of the Loan Origination System for different banks.
- Took the lead in documenting and managing all development processes for the company.
- Performed System and Integration Testing and successfully deployed the customized modules for different banks under a strict 5-month deadline.
- Trained the end users on the functionality of the new module.
- Provided post-deployment Support, Maintenance and Enhancements.
- Carried out Code Reviews.
- Implemented Caching to improve the throughput of the web application.
- Designed and developed the modules in WinForms using C# (.NET 2.0).
- Created the Business Service layer using SOAP/Web Services.
- Created the Reporting module in Crystal Reports 10.
- Performance tuned the application by identifying and removing the bottlenecks.
- Created reusable components which were used as plug-ins across various other applications.
- Worked closely with the business users in gathering and analyzing business requirements.
- Coordinated with onsite delivery team on Build and Release and Management.
- Wrote Stored Procedures, Functions and Views for data operations.
- Provided Production support and resolved technical issues.
- Developed the user interface in C# (.NET 1.1).
- Designed the database in SQL Server 2000.
- Wrote Stored Procedures, Scripts, and SQL Queries.
- Created reports on Crystal Reports 9.
- Created Test Cases and Test Plans.
- Involved in system and integration testing.
- Collaborated with cross functional teams in process improvements and productivity enhancements.
- Resolved technical issues and fixed bugs.