25 years of experience designing building and testing complex enterprise applications for internal and external customers.
Tools and Technologies
Developed software in VB.Net and Java.
Consult on architecture with focus on reliability and performance.
Contract Technology Director/Architect
- Developed a complex web application using and Grails.
- Developed parsing infrastructure to parse complex government procurement data using the Java and Groovy programming languages.
- Deployed Linux and Windows servers in on premise and public cloud environment.
- Automated database backups code builds and deployments.
- Managed a staff of 5 performing professional services product support and training for a document management system targeted at the manufacturing and distribution industries.
- Consulted on a complete re-factor of the application.
- Managed network of 15 desktop PCs and servers. Introduced the use of VMWare to facilitate testing and development.
- Performed sales support. Provided technical expertise on document management and workflow technologies.
- Performed software maintenance on a document management based medical billing and coding application using PHP Perl Visual Basic 6 and .Net based tools.
- Provided telephone based technical support for external customers.
- Supported the sales process by providing technical expertise.
- Created a library for converting files in the TIFF format to PDF using C.
- Managed a project to perform a global roll-out of a document management system for a reinsurance carrier with a presence on 4 continents.
- Created a document import and conversion system for a regional P C insurer.
- Maintained an ASP 2.0 based reporting application.
- Developed system to demonstrate the use of Java through JNI to integrate with a COM based integration system.
- Managed the daily activities 36 Software Architect Quality Assurance Business Analyst and Development staff.
- Successfully introduced peer reviews for test plans in QA.
- Worked closely with sales to provide technical leadership and communication during the sales process.
- Developed a library for registering COM components using C .
- Developed a customer facing web user interface for quoting and submission of Business Owners Policy BOP using Java servlets and JSP.
- Consulted on selection of an enterprise wide document management solution.
- Managed development effort involved in implementing the ImageRight document management system for 300 claims personal lines and commercial lines staff.
Director of Operations
- Developed a complex application to facilitate government contracting.
- Managed complex technical computing environment including OS/2 Windows AS/400 HP Unix and Linux.
- Consulted with clients on deployment of Novel Netware and Microsoft WindowsNT.
- Perform remote and on site troubleshooting of network PC and software issues.
- Develop software to client s specifications in Visual Basic Quick Basic dBase III and C.
Maintenance Crew Chief/Mainframe SSO/SA
- Hand selected to perform System Security Officer and System Admin function on mainframe computer running mission critical munitions inventory application processing Top Secret information.
- Secured and maintained Top Secret security clearance with SCI qualification.