CAREER OBJECTIVE A challenging opportunity where my experiences in database design and management data analysis reporting and internet data availability would be a significant contribution.
Oracle 9i 10g 11g PL/SQL SQL PLUS MS SQL T-SQL MySQL XML 1.0 Analysis Services MDX ASP.NET version 2005 with Visual Basic.NET Reporting Services Expressions
DOS Windows 9X Windows NT 2000 XP Pro Ubuntu 9.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 2005 and 2008R2 Analysis Services 2005 and 2008 SSAS Reporting Services SSRS 2000 2005 and 2008 SharePoint 2010 ProClarity Active Directory Microsoft Office Word PowerPoint Access Excel Visio Visual Studio 2000 2003 2005 2008 and 2010 Microsoft Visual SourceSafe Embarcadero ER Studio 8 XML Spy
IBM Compatibles All Pentium PCs.
- Consulted clients on proper implementation and architecture of Business Intelligence analytics and reporting systems.
- Created interim reporting system to supply immediate reporting need by usage of linked servers between SQL Server 2008 64bit Edition and Oracle 11g
- Created Analytics Services server utilizing ProClarity and SharePoint
- Architected data models for analytics cubes
- Automated reports to support subscriptions through Reporting Services
- Authored stored procedures and custom functions to support online reporting and data handling
- ETL and scripting for migration of data between various sources including Excel CSV XML and Oracle 11g databases
- Upgraded legacy FoxPro reporting to Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Reporting Services2008
- Report authoring using Visual Studio 2008 utilizing Reporting Services T-SQL and web services
- Legacy report conversion from Crystal Reports to Reporting Services 2008
- Report query conversion from FoxPro to T-SQL
Implementation and administration of Reporting Services website
- Created Subscriptions for automated reports
- Established user profiles for external AD account access to reports
- Published reports
- Documentation of legacy systems to assist in company wide upgrade of reporting system and websites.
o Business Intelligence/Reporting Programmer Specializing in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services and Analysis Services.
o Migrated and updated reports from company in house custom reporting layer and SQL Server 2000 to the newer SQL Server 2005 platform.
o Report authoring using Visual Studio 2005 utilizing Reporting Services Analysis Services T-SQL and MDX.
o Data Modeler using ER Studio 8 XML Spy 2009 and SQL Server 2005 to translate XML/XSD files into an enterprise IDS database.
o Business Intelligence/Reporting Programmer Specializing in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 2005 and Reporting Services.
o Extensive database mapping to facilitate database merger.
o Authored Business Intelligence Reports in SQL Reporting Services 2000 and 2005 .
o Authored technical and practical documentation platform using SQL Reporting Services 2005
o Database Architect for proprietary credit card processing software
o Database programmer using T-SQL DTS stored procedures functions and SQL scripts
- Database Programmer in charge of migrating existing Informix 4gl based reporting platform to Microsoft SQL Server 2000 using multiple ETL processes.
- Authored various ETL processes to validate and clean data from Informix MySQL Oracle and Microsoft Access.
- Upgraded SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005
- Reengineered reporting database to optimize efficiency and query speed to support web based reporting across hotel enterprise.
- Data Analyst in charge of analyzing raw data rewriting reports resident on Informix 4gl reporting platform and authoring new reports publishable to the company intranet.
- Authored over 40 Business Intelligence reports made available on new company reporting website website included in SQL Server/Reporting Services . Such reports included automating static Informix 4gl reports manually created Excel financial reports and custom billing reports featuring charts graphs and trend curve illustrations.
- Administered rights and security for Reporting Manager website to ensure proper exposure of information to employees and business units.
- Developed reporting directory structure for online reports using Reporting Manager.
o National Insurance Sales Agent specializing in Property Casualty and Life Health and Annuities.
o Assisted a team for proof of concept of a national insurance agency.
o Increased monthly sales by more than 100 percent from 2003 to 2004.
o National Life Insurance Sales Agent specializing in life insurance sales.
o Worked with a team who provided life insurance consultation for Bank of America customers.
o Sales and Customer Service of auto insurance products provided by American Horizon Auto Insurance Company.
o Promoted to Team Lead in September 1999.
Responsible for training coaching and general management of a team of insurance agents.
Responsible for providing statistical reports of insurance call center to upper management.
PROJECTS WORKED ON
- Authored Reporting Services reports utilizing data cubes Analysis Services and MDX
- Headed project to migrate reporting data from production Informix database to SQL Server 2000. Project included integrating new reporting platform via Reporting Services
- Managed database tables users groups permissions and development of ETL data import/export processes using Microsoft DTS.
- Created custom database tables designed for Business Intelligence Analytics and Reporting.
- Authored Business Intelligence reports made available on new company reporting website website included in SQL Server/Reporting Services . Such reports included automating static Informix 4gl reports manually created Excel financial reports and custom billing reports featuring charts graphs and trend curve illustrations.
- Headed project to upgrade SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
- Created stored procedures for the purpose of mapping data from one database to another.
- Authored invoice and tracking reports for shipping/logistics company.
- Created multiple linked server connections for central virtual data warehouse used in automated report delivery and cross platform data mapping.
- Designed and implemented an ongoing documentation platform using SQL Reporting Services 2005 supplying both technical and practical documentation reports made available on company intranet.
- Created an information database that stores and reports personal address and contact information.
- Created an information database that stores information for a book store. Enabled reporting by author ISBN subject and genre.
- Created many other databases that exercise data manipulation creating user accounts constraints adding and deleting tables and formatting readable output.
- Created a personal contact database that lists address phone numbers relationships and other personal information.
- Created an inventory database which stores warehouse product information such as item description number of units price per unit. Joined many tables to simplify reports and queries.
- Created an employee database that contains employee information such as hire date benefits enrollment special accommodation requirements and other useful information.
Visual Basic .NET
- Designed and developed an application that recorded and reported inventory sales losses and needed materials in real-time for a virtual donut shop connected to a Microsoft Access Database in back end.
- Designed and developed a clock application that displayed time and spinning color gradient that rotated on the second.
- Designed and developed a time clock application that created a file for multiple people and stored their logged clock times saved on a Microsoft Access Database.
- Created a Web scraper application that hit the US population website at a programmed interval and reported the estimated US population.
- Designed and developed fraction and numbers application that converted fractions in to decimals and then displayed results as a string or a double.
Designed and developed seventeen Web sites featuring multiple pages with HTML server controls and ASP.NET Rich Controls all with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database driven inventory and purchasing capabilities.
Created XML Web documents that bind XML data with Internet Explorer Validating XML documents Namespaces and Schemas using Altova s XML Spy. Used cascading style sheets CSS and XML style sheet XSL .