- Over 35 years of systems administration, software development and architectural design experience directed toward the storage, retrieval and management of documents and records. As an imaging specialist, in the mid-1980's crafted solutions to imaging large documents blue prints for Ford Motor Company at the Livonia, Michigan Transmission Plant.
- Developed FileNet work-flow BPM strategies to create a paperless offices for clients in vertical markets that include banking, insurance, financial institutions, government agencies and jurisprudence. Enforced strict business rules for the processing and approval of business transactions using custom software to ensure business policies were enforced.
- Conducted taught the principles of managing records in conformance to government regulatory requirements and the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. Developed performance standards and applied them within FileNet to ensure adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPPA, SEC 17a and similar record-keeping mandates requiring indelible records policies, life-cycle, retention and record disposition while minimizing a target-rich field of discovery for civil litigation.
- Researched case law regarding records retention and production in civil litigation discovery, electronic chain of custody, Electronically Stored Information and electronic signature validation to advise legal counsel of recent rulings.
- Specialized in working with end-users to understand business rules and needs then architected systems solutions designed to meet those requirements. Created designed, developed and testing methods to ensure deliverables were commensurate with user requirements.
- Computer Platforms: Client/server and mainframe technologies.
- Computer Languages Development Tools: C , C , VB, Delphi/Pascal, .NET, J2EE Eclipse ,COM , DCOM, COBOL, FORTRAN, XML, MQ Series
- FileNet: CE, PE, AE, ECM, BPM, Workplace XT , CCFS, Email Manager, Records Manager
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, XP, Vista, IBM OS/MVS JCL , UNIX
- Databases Client-side Tools: Access, SQL Server, Oracle, TOAD, ADO.NET, Erwin
- Used FileNet Deployment Manager to promote FileNet and Case Manager applications from lower environments to Production.
- Developed fingerprinting capture applications using Datacap utilizing OCR, ICR and OMR.
- Developed 3 of 9 barcode applications for auto-indexing and document separation.
- Developed balancing practices to insure that all documents were accounted for from the time they were received until the time they were indexed and committed into Content.
- Developed enhanced change control procedures to ensure only approved software was installed in Production.
- Developed software to index, verify and commit eMail attachments into Content.
- Developed software in J2EE to assess insurance liabilities across the state.
- Implemented software using J2EE and the FileNet API to enhance Records Manager metadata to augment litigation holds ensuring no documents would be disposed prior to New Mexico state approval.
Developed specifications for software to submit messages that would later be processed by FileNet applications to index and ingest into content. The publication of these data was handled by WebSphere MQ MQ Series and J2EE.
- Developed applications using J2EE, C and the FileNet API to customize management of content, workflow and records management.
- Developed File Plans for enterprise-wide storage, retrieval, retention, disposition and protection of mission-critical records and documents.
- Created policies to ensure that records were placed on litigation hold and produced to opposing counsel during civil litigation discovery and that the proper chain of custody ensured record authenticity.
- Created capture strategies which using bar-codes to reduce or distribute the workload of indexing, imaging and committal of documents.
- Created turnaround documents to maximize the accuracy of imaging and indexing.
- Architected and directed the installation of P8 4.0 4.5 systems including CE, PE, AE, Records Crawler now called CCFS , Email Manager and Records Manager.
- Worked with users to create a File Plan for Records Manager and implemented it as part of an overall Records Management strategy.
- Advised management and legal counsel of the latest changes in the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure as it addresses discovery of documents and researched case law in support of Records Manager implementation.
- Developed software using Microsoft Visual Web Developer, ASP.NET and the FileNet .NET API to create on-line access to documents through the Internet.
- Developed J2EE applications to create user interfaces in support of BPM Applications.
- Created test plans with users to ensure the testing of all conditions within workflow applications.
- Setup HPII to develop high-speed image uploads, indexing and committal to Image Services.
- Developed security using Active Directory authentication for assignment of FileNet security policies.
- Used eForms to develop custom browser-based thin-client electronic forms for use in BPM applications often linked to existing data sources to reduce user data input.
- Developed case-based process applications for BPM using Business Process Framework BPF to provide solutions to case management problems including legal case management, life insurance application processing and insurance claim processing.
- Supported the installation of FileNet P8 v4.x applications in support of CSC's Managed Litigation Support Systems. These applications included Content Engine, Process Engine, Application Engine, eMail Manager, Records Crawler, Records Manager and Workplace. Access to FileNet applications was done through SiteMinder and WebSphere.
- Configured Records Crawler and Email Manager to collect documents from users and records relevant to litigation and performed integration with Encase, an electronic document forensic tool.
- Advised Corporate Legal Counsel of the capabilities of FileNet in satisfying Demands for Production of Documents, complying with Preservation Orders and Chain of Custody for electronic documents and records.
- Performed case law research related to the storage, retrieval and retention of documents to ensure compliance with regulatory obligations including Sarbanes Oxley SOX , HIPPA, SEC 17b and other regulations.
- Configured Records Manager to reflect the business File Plan, set cut-off triggers, retention cycle reviews and litigation holds.
- Developed software in J2EE and C .NET and VB to customize and augment user capabilities.
- Installed FileNet Panagon software for Imaging Services, Web Services, eProcess and Open Client.
- Provided application development support in connection with the integration of custom applications to FileNet.
- Investigated and made recommendations about the acquisition and installation of P8 software.
- Performed programming and consulting services for several clients in connection with the imaging and indexing of documents into FileNet Systems.
Managed 13 FileNet servers designed to provide Panagon Image Services.
- Managed 8 OSAR libraries containing over 9500 gigabytes of storage to ensure the availability of documents.
- Established document classes and established security rights so information was available, but protected against unauthorized access.
- Ensured servers were functional, wrote software to monitor processes, services, application event logs and application logs. These were written in .NET using System Management Framework classes.
- Produced performance and outage information critical to management required for capacity planning and systems recovery.
- Provided 24/7 on-call support to ensure continuity of service.
- Performed design, software development and consulting services for firms requiring the ability to image and index documents for later retrieval.
- Developed FileNet/P8 4.x software for Content and Process Services VB.NET .
- Developed work-flow BPM systems to automate the processing and approval of documents by administrative and management staff.
- Created systems to use fax services to perform imaging functions that allow the creation and storage of images using external fax machines, thereby reducing the burden on scanners.
- Implemented the use of bar codes for turnaround documents to identify and quickly route documents to workers for processing and supervisory approval.
- Developed software using C, C , and C .
- Developed SQL queries and stored procedures to select data from large relational databases and return selective result sets.
- Managed over 25 FileNet servers designed to provide FileNet/P8 automated work-flow to several hundred users. These servers included those dedicated to software development, model office, production, print and fax servers.
- Ensured servers were functional, wrote software to monitor critical services and processes essential to system performance. These were written in .NET using System Management Framework classes.
- Produced performance and outage information critical to management required for capacity planning and systems recovery.
Designed and developed software with Microsoft Visual Web Developer and ASP.NET to create a Website for a public school system
- Assisted user to develop technical specifications for a Prisoner Telephone Tracking System.
- Tracked abnormalities in telephone usage to detect criminal use by inmates.
- Developed software to track and monitor the use of inmate telephone use and ensure the State received entitled commissions for telephone use under existing contracts.
- Developed software to report Corrections Officer overtime.
- Recommended software changes to automate the distribution of child support payments according to Federal PRWORA guidelines. This was done to reduce the dependence of custodial parents on TANF/ADFC and food stamp programs.
- Managed the implementation of Child Support Enforcement software at the Friends of the Courts in St. Joseph and Van Buren counties as part of a statewide effort to conform to federal guidelines to recoup federal funds by conforming to PRWORA rules. This effort required the cleanup and conversion of data in the existing system in conformance with written technical specifications.
- Trained personnel in the operation of the system being implemented and assisted reconciliation of standing Circuit Court orders with federal law.
- Served as an adviser to Site Support in other counties to resolve policy and software concerns that hampered successful implementation of conforming Child Support Enforcement software. Wrote technical papers to both describe technical issues and propose software changes.
- Developed software in VB v6.0 using Access 97 to house data. Analysts in conjunction with users developed technical requirements from their functional specifications. This software tracked issues reported by Site Support working in the field. It also documented the resolution of those issues. The resulting software provided a tool to ensure all issues were resolved and avoided redundant research.
- Began implementation of software to enforce Federal PRWORA guidelines, which require non-custodial parents' child support obligations to be paid timely thereby reducing TANF and related welfare payments by government.
- Worked with users to design and write technical specifications for a system to produce and image the Circuit Court's orders. In addition, worked with software developers to clarify and enhance specifications that resulted in software that met user needs.
- Worked with Friend of the Court attorneys and administrative personnel to develop software that would assist in enforcement of the court's orders regarding child support. Automatically generated and docketed court orders, including Income Withholding Orders, Orders to Show Cause, Bench Warrants and other documents.
- Developed procedures and software that ensured compliance with the latest federal regulations PRWORA intended to make child support enforcement uniform among the states.
- Wrote software and drafted a court order to allow electronic transmission of Income Withholding Orders to be transmitted to the Michigan Employment Security Commission eliminating the need to print orders and manually input information.
- Responsible for the imaging and docketing of the Court's orders. Crafted and maintained software using VB v6.0 and FileNet components that electronically image documents eliminating the need to print and scan them.
- Developed software for the Court's Jury Commission to allow the viewing of juror questionnaires by attorneys for pending cases and did maintenance of associated software written in Delphi.
- Wrote technical specifications for an Energy Scheduling and Accounting system designed to schedule energy flows across shared transmission facilities and bill customers for energy consumption at applicable statutory rates.
- Wrote code in PL/SQL using Oracle Procedure Builder and SQL Plus to implement technical specifications.
- Designed and wrote ANSI C functions using Borland C Builder to read telemetry and allocate costs of the Ludington Pond Storage facility between DTE Energy and Consumers Energy. Telemetry data was stored in an Oracle v9i database.
- Assigned to a developer of extremely large database server-side software. Maintained C and Pro C stored procedures to provide data to retail planning and modeling applications in a 3-tier architecture. Operating systems were UNIX and NT based. Data was stored in Oracle.
- Assigned to a large bank for the purpose of writing technical specifications for a number of software development projects.
- Developed software as part of a team using Visual Basic with Sheridan and Crystal Reports components to automate the process of account reconciliation. Account information provided by a third-party service bureau was parsed into an Access database from which it was presented to administrators for reconciliation in the order that ensured that the most critical items were addressed first. Accounts were adjusted and balanced using laser printers with MICR toner, allowing the elimination of Proof encoding.
- Created a system to automate exception item corrections with a MICR laser printer using Visual Basic and Crystal Reports.
- Developed a Fax Back system for the Commercial Loans department to notify dealerships of loan approval/denial automatically. This software made such notification paperless, improving turnaround and reducing labor costs.
- Developed Research Tracking software using Visual Basic and Access to track research items and ensure service levels were met.
- Developed software security procedures and documented them in a manual which was used throughout the bank's technical areas.
- Assigned to a large insurance company in a functional area that provides technical services and support to Broker/Dealers. Technical assignments have included the development of imaging systems using FileNet components that were included in Visual Basic projects. These projects provided users with custom scanning, assembly, indexing and committal of documents for later retrieval. Other projects included the design of a paperless office environment for a California-based Broker/Dealer using FileNet Workflow. Involved in the conversion from oracle back-end to UDB. Evaluated stored procedures and determined the amount of work necessary to make the conversion. Implemented the VW foundation and created technical specifications that would permit several programmers to develop software modules for later integration.
- Wrote Visual Basic Active X components for other programmers to incorporate into their software to present the same look and feel of developed software to users.
- Designed a database for monitoring Broker/Dealer trades using Access.
- Assigned to a large bank to convert a legacy, mission-critical branch banking system in conjunction with a conversion on IBM mainframes to Alltel. This system ran on PC's in each bank branch and interfaces to the Alltel software through IBM 4700 controllers. Worked with ANSI C to access VSAM Files to provide other programmers with development tools.
- The branch system is written in a specialty language, BankPro and runs in an MS DOS environment. Development, however, is done using Windows 95 development tools. Also, participated in the development of an ATM/Branch locator Web site.
- Developed change control software in conformance with documented bank standards using C builder and Access 97.
- Completed assignments in various industries including insurance, manufacturing and printing. Designed software, as an individual contributor, member of a team and as a manager.
- Performed capacity planning in a Windows NT client/server environment for pharmacy insurance claims adjudication for a major Canadian health insurance company. Developed coding and documentation standards for C and Power Builder programmers to ensure the maintainability of applications.
- Developed and documented client/server applications for use on Windows 3.11 and NT operating system using Borland C and Delphi. Developed object-oriented reusable code, which allowed users to configure functionality that could be dynamically changed at run time without re-compilation.
- For a large life insurance company, developed a relational database model using ERWin for use by agents to propose life insurance to their clients.
- Designed and developed PC-based software systems to quote printing and bindery prices for several commercial, multi-divisional printing companies. This software was first written in COBOL for a Honeywell 200/400 system. Later, it was re-written, first in C to run in an MS-DOS environment and again C Builder to execute in a Windows 3.x environment.