Experienced in embedded software/firmware development for different hardware platforms. Developed and implemented algorithms for various embedded - system applications, such as IoT devices, Indoor Mobile Robot, Structural Health Monitoring, etc. Representing these works, obtained multiple publications in Journals, as well as in IEEE Conferences.
COMPUTER AND TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Programming Language: C/C++, Python, VHDL, MATLAB, Simulink, Ladder Logic, LABVIEW.
Software: Xilinx, Quartus, Vision, Express PCB, Cooja, OrCAD.
Hardware: FPGA, Raspberry Pi, Arduino, TI- MSP430, CC2420, OPAMP 8-32-ARM-cortex.
Operating System: Linux, ContikiOS, Windows.
Technical Skills: RTOS, OOP, Digital Signal Processing, SPI, I2C, UART, USB, A/D, Ethernet, GCC, GIT, IEEE 802.11, Bluetooth, Zigbee, GNU MAKE, CAN, TCP/IP, UDP, IPv4/IPv6, Cloud-Platform(ThingWorx, ThingSpeak), CCNA.
- Developed algorithms using C programming for ContikiRPL (the default Contiki IPv6/6lowpan Routing Protocol) to address energy-efficiency and reliability in routing.
- Studied IETF and Zigbee protocols IoT. Worked on the IETF standardized network-protocol stack’s network layer. For multitasking aid, ContikiOS was used as the RTOS.
- Developed a transmission power control algorithm for an IEEE 802.15.4 compliant RF CC2420.
- Performed simulations on Cooja to validate the algorithm for Tmote-sky platform, which is operated on Linux. The considered radio environment was Multi-Path Ray Tracer Medium.
- Programmed P3-DX robot using MATLAB. Figured out
- Implemented Kalman filter on sensors’ data to improve the robot’s navigational accuracy.
- Sensor-fusion of Kinect and Ultrasonic was used to avoid obstacles.
- Two microcontrollers (Arduino) were used, which are communicating using UART. One of these two microcontrollers was communicating with a MCP I/O expander via I2C.
- Designed a Digital Logic-Circuit with 36 two-input AND gates, which was controlled by the microcontrollers and I/O expander set-up.
- Microcontrollers were able to control the pattern and frequency of the vibration of 36 DC-motors (vibration), arranged in an array of 6x6.
- Prepared a prototype.
- Python was used to code SunFounder’s Raspberry Pi Car.
- The distance data collected using ultrasonic sensors was sent to an IoT platform, named ThingSpeak, which makes the decisions for the movement of the car, such as stopping, turning right/left etc.
- Using GIT, performed version control and created a remote repository at www.hithub.com/AnamMahmud.
- Designed a prototype.
- Data collected from physical structures using (Piezoelectric) PZT sensors.
- Used MATLAB to analyze the data sets such as FFT, filtering, applying mathematical models, etc.
- Python was used to program a Raspberry pi to collect sensors’ (Temperature and Humidity) data.
- Real-time information was sent to the ThingWorx and visualized.
- MATLAB was used to Performed lossy image compression.
- Signal Processing techniques applied: Discrete Cosine Transform (DST), Convolutional Encoding, Interleaving, Run Length Encoding (RLE), Zig-Zag order, and Huffman encoding.
- 82% of the image size was reduced before transmission.
- Wireless media considered Rayleigh Fading Channel with three path.
- Performance of different filter was analyzed and finally MLSE for was used for reconstructing the signal.
- Everything was done using MATLAB.
- Assisted my research advisor on his ongoing research about routing protocol for Internet of Things.
- Mentored his NSF funded Research Experience for Teachers (RET) team and high school student.
- Prepared and improved lab-manuals for lab classes.
- Assisted student for doing their lab works such as MATLAB simulation, FPGA-VHDL, Electronic Circuit LAB.
- Helped student to solve their homework problem.
- Graded homework.