Software development manager, architect, and senior developer with over 18 years experience. Excellent team and project managerial skills. Proven full life cycle application development with both the front and back - end. Consistently released projects under budget and on time. Provide programming knowledge and problem solving assistance to other programmers. Great interpersonal skills. Outstanding large and small scale application development in most Microsoft languages.
Database Software: SQL Server 7 through 2016 design, implementation, and administration including highly advanced and complex T-SQL stored procedures. Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). Automation of data imports and other tasks using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
Oracle 9i: 12c packages, functions and schema development. Also proficient with Oracle OEM, PL/SQL and Toad. R, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Access, PowerBI, Advanced Statistics with Excel
Microsoft Profession Program: Data Science
Miscellaneous: Microsoft .Net 1.0 through 4.6.2, .NET Core 1 and 2, Visual Studio.Net R3, Entity Framework, Model Binding, Bootstrap, Web API, Restful Web Services, WCF, Object Oriented Development (OOP), SOA, Infragistics, Telerik, Dreamweaver MX, Flash MX, Fireworks MX, and Crystal Reports 6-9. Hardware communications, including Serial, TCP/IP and USB. Satellite and GSM communication networks. GPS network and hardware. ESRI and Microsoft Map Point embedded control. Microsoft Project. UML Software design using Visio and Enterprise Architect.
Senior Software Architect
- Database projects include 5 terabyte Data Mart, SQL Server BI Data Warehouse and Operational Datastores.
- Utilizing complete SQL Server 2014 stack; SSRS, SSIS, BI, etc.
- Designing and developing OOP solutions in UML to replace current legacy systems using ASP.NET, Angular 2, Bootstrap, Entity Framework 7, and .NET 4.6.2.
- Performing DBA responsibilities for 20 SQL VMs.
- Perform technical and business analysis of stakeholder requirements.
- Maintaining and refactoring legacy .NET 2.0 and 3.5 applications in both C# and VB.NET.
- Research, analyze, and solve various complex technical issues with a focus on solution driven results.
- Maintained and extended enterprise Financial Reporting and Account Management system in PHP with PostgreSQL databases.
- Lead team on architectural discussions pertaining to the conversion of the enterprise systems.
- Implemented Enterprise Architect as UML documentation application for gathering requirements and designing Data Model, Use Cases, Class Model, etc.
- Created C# ASP.Net 4.5 based Reporting Engine with SQL Server Reporting Services for generation of complex PDF reports for use within the PHP system due to limitations of the PHP PDF libraries installed.
Confidential, Charleston, SC
- Architected, developed, and tested Single Sign On solution for Confidential ’s Shibboleth SSO utilizing SAML 2.0, VB.Net in Visual Studio 2010, and SQL Server 2008.
- Created numerous customizations using complex T-SQL stored procedures to Enterprise CRM application for Confidential .
- Position was 100% telecommute.
Confidential, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Gathered requirements and provided technical input for SDLC project plan. UML modeling, including Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams, was performed utilizing Enterprise Architect.
- Site contains over 400 ASP.Net pages and is scalable and extensible to accommodate over 100 Schwab third party administrators that will be utilizing the system within the next 2 years. Implemented Master Pages to provide a consistent look and feel throughout the application. Incorporated AJAX controls to enhance user experience.
- Backend development adhered to Object Oriented principals and provided data layer access through stored procedures and views.
- Implemented web service security protocols with including SAML 1.1 Assertions, SAML 1.1 Artifacts, WSE 3.0, Self Signed Certificates, and SSL Mutual Authentication.
- Developed numerous web service interfaces using ASP.Net Web Services, SOAP Headers, and WCF for data migration between multiple divisions within Schwab. Generated web service proxy classes from client WSDL documents.
- SOA principals were implemented to provide functionality across application domains where necessary.
- Wrote complex stored procedures, views, and functions in T-SQL for database requirements.
- Managed 4 junior contractors while performing full time programmer responsibilities.
- Participated in weekly status calls with business stakeholders to discuss project progress. Held daily client calls with business analysts, technical leads, and QA leads for status updates and resolution management.
- Supported and extended numerous enterprise applications for financial institutions to handle participant 401k Rollovers.
- Developed ASP.Net Summary Plan Document application for Bank of America that required 8 Word templates of 50 pages each doing mail merges for data populations. Complex financial analysis and data logic required for 100% accurate reporting to over 3,000 401k client customers.
- Developed data mapping utility to migrate SQL 2000 Individual Retirement Account data in 150 tables to SQL 2005 in 95 tables with complex logic requirements.
- Reviewed and optimized stored procedures to weekly process flat files containing 1.5 million records. Increased performance by 250%.
- UML Design work was performed utilizing Enterprise Architect.
- Position required 100% telecommuting.
Confidential, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of software development projects and 5 software developers.
- Analyzed, redesigned, documented, and initialized development of two Insurance based ASP.Net web applications in C# 2.0 and SQL Server 2005.
- Architected and developed data import applications for data migration to the new systems.
- Implemented the UML modeling tool, Enterprise Architect, for functional requirement and design specifications, such as Use Cases, Data Modeling, and Class Modeling. Application development adhered to the Object Orient Programming methodology.
- Designed and developed numerous executive tools in C# to support and extend Vendor Cost Control capabilities.
- Hired staff and performed reviews, as required.
- Instituted programming polices and procedures.
- Advised senior management on technology decisions.
- Mentored and trained my development team.
Confidential, Davie, FL
Software Development Manager
- Managed 10 software developers and successfully completed government contracts on time and under budget that were worth in excess of $3.5 million dollars annually.
- Resurrected the application, originally contracted to be a $1.8 million project over 18 months, from failure to success in a 9 month period.
- Beat out 2 competing software companies resulting in 2 additional contracts worth $2.5 million.
- Managed the full lifecycle of the application, which includes gathering client specifications, designing, documenting, development, unit testing, bug fixing, and supporting the install of a large-scale database driven web application. Development was performed in a pseudo-SCRUM style with cycles lasting approximately 6 weeks.
- Architected the software to be a scalable 3-tiered analysis application utilizing OOP with distinct separation between the GUI, business objects, and data layers.
- Used the UML specification to document over 200 pages of Use Cases, Class Diagrams, Data Models, and Sequence Diagrams within the 3rd party application Enterprise Architect.
- Began analysis and preliminary development for converting code base to .Net 2.0 from .Net 1.1
- Wrote the business objects layer in C# and Oracle stored procedures using TOAD and PL/SQL Developer.
- Developed front end web pages utilizing ASP.Net with C#.
- Application was completely object oriented with over 100,000 lines of code.
- Headed customer meetings to gather specifications, present the application, and support the successful integration of the software with their current systems.
- Provided application development and satellite network guidance and instruction to my team.
- Provided monthly reports to project office and maintained project’s Gantt charts.
- Extended a VB.NET middleware application intended for migrating and normalizing terabytes of data from disparate data sources into an Oracle database. It is a multithreaded application using TCP/IP Socket communications for a load-balancing distributed architecture.
- Developed alerting ActiveX control which was incorporated into the web application to provide real-time event messaging to users.
- Conducted weekly staff meetings to review status and resolve issues.
- Wrote Software Requirement Specifications, Statements of Work, and Project plans for numerous change order tasks.
- Responsible for hiring, employee reviews, and code reviews.
- Monitored and assigned defects and future enhancements to developers
- Instituted programming standards and procedures for development team including design sessions and unit testing.
- Provided many hours of phone support to customer and deployment team at customer’s location.
- Supervised 5 software developers from redesign to release.
- C#, ESRI, SQL Server, UML
- Designed and developed platform framework which allowed for easy inclusion of unknown network types and became base for further Tactical development. Framework provides over 50% of the base development for other applications.
- Multithread TCP communications
- Increased performance by 500%
- Completed successfully under very aggressive deadline
- Designed and wrote a proof of concept application which would be used in a commercial product in the future. The application used a Qualcomm modem over the Confidential satellite network to relay information back and forth to a central server application.
- Presented the application to executives of Confidential a satellite communications company, and Qualcomm, which resulted in a partnership between SRT and Confidential for further development of a larger product line.
- Visual Studio 2005, C# with Map Point embedded mapping control.
- GPS unit serial and USB communications.
- GPS Protocol stacks for Garmin and Magellan communications.
- Solely involved from design to delivery.