- 18 years’ experience as a network software engineer with a specialty of Web / Internet / Mobile / Database / Enterprise technologies.
- I primarily work as a contractor, engineering and implementing business systems. If it were my choice, my preferred engineering environment would include Cisco / Juniper / Minerva / Extreme networking, Sun / Silicon Graphics / HP - UX and other Unix workstations and servers, although I am also certified in Microsoft Systems, and am also an expert in Linux.
- I am also an expert at Windows, .NET/ ASP.net / MVC / c# / Visual Basic, Microsoft Office OLE Automation, Microsoft Dynamics GP, SSIS, SSRS, and SQL Server at a DBA and Development capacity.
- I’m more of an Architect / Engineer of Software Systems, and while I do have exposure to Systems Administration, Network Engineering and Business Analysis, the latter are not really my forte.
- I really enjoy working with Mechanical, Computer and Electrical Engineers, Management and Finance Executives, as those are my key interests that I’d like to learn more about at the moment.
- I can and have worked at a Lead or Management capacity, although I’d need some training as that’s not really my focus, I’ve never had a budget, and I’m usually seen as more effective focusing on coding, but I believe I can easily scale to manage many, while also contributing to actual development at the same time while implementing quality, specifications and other software development lifecycle processes such as metrics to ensure goals are met and accountability is achieved.
- I’ve mostly been a consultant, and I believe that my modus operandi is engineering systems from the ground up quickly and handing it off to the client.
- I don’t often do administration, maintenance, monitoring or systems operations unless it’s a serious defect in the system, as I’m more into implementing, customizing, integrating and engineering new systems in a short contract timeframe as opposed to relaxing in a career.
- One of my strengths is communication skills as I really enjoy working with business stakeholders without getting technical in order to gain requirements and take care of all the details as I often work directly with Executives for requirements in smaller businesses.
- I also am very familiar with business processes such as Legal, Sales, Procurement, Billing, Inventory and other business processes.
- I would like to learn more about iPhone and Mac systems as well as mainframe and legacy systems, and would like to pursue a degree majoring in electrical/computer engineering with a minor in law/finance.
Programming Languages: Golang, C, C++, C#, C Sharp, python, Java, Visual Basic, PHP, Perl, Lisp, Scheme, lex/flex Lexical Analyzer Generators, JavaCC and bison/yacc Compiler Compilers/Parser Generators, x86 and RISC Assembly Language
The Java Platform: Threads, EJB, JDBC, JavaCC, Applets, Swing, RMI, AWT, Servlets, Networking, J2EE, JMS, JAXP, JNDI, Ant, Eclipse
The .NET Platform: mono (.NET for Linux), C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Linq, ADO.NET,, Microsoft Dynamics GP / Darwin, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Sharepoint / MOSS, K2.NET Workflow, Biztalk Server, SSRS SQL Server Reporting Services, SSIS SQL Server Integration Services, Exchange Server, MSMQ, Windows Services, Visual Studio, COM, DCOM, MTS, OLE, ActiveX, COM+
The Unix Platform: Systems Administration, Scripting and Systems Programming on Solaris, HP-UX, Linux, Ultrix, BSD and AIX. Unix System Calls, Libraries, Device Drivers, Kernel and Debugging, Unix Scripting (Perl, awk, sed, bash, ksh, sh, csh, yacc, lex, make), Pixar Renderman, OpenGL, pthreads, gdb
Design Tools and Servers: Rational ClearCase, Rational Rose, UML, OOP/OOD Object Oriented Programming and Design, Design Patterns, Mathematics, Parsing Theory, Visio, Visual Source Save, CVS, SVN, Git, make, Enhydra, ATG Dynamo, Netdynamics, iPlanet, Lotus Notes Domino Server, ASP.NET, Oracle Administration / Installation / Schema Design and PL/SQL programming, Informix Installation / Production Monitoring / Schema Management and Development, MS SQL Server Administration and Development, Reporting Services, Microsoft Access Certified Developer.
Enterprise Systems: SAP/R3, ERP, BPEL, EAI, B2B, Oracle Financials, Business Objects, Peoplesoft, Lotus Notes, MQ Series, JMS, MSMQ, Cybersource Credit Card and Address Verification, Cybercash and Verisign Payflow Pro Credit Card Validation, Oracle Intermedia Advanced Search Engine, EDI, Rosettanet XML, Data Mining Corporate Data Warehouses, Data Normalization, Schema Design, CRM, Salesforce.com, BMC Remedy AR System, K2.NET and Windows Workflow Foundation
Deployment and Troubleshooting Tools: WireShark / EtherReal /Sniffer Pro Protocol Analyzer, Netcat Ethernet Testing, Ghost, Cisco Local Director Load Balancer, Resonate DNS Round Robin High Availability, HP Openview SNMP Console, Stream Pump Packet Generators, Silk Test Mercury Interactive Load Testers
WAN and LAN Technologies: PPP, SLIP, POTS, T1, Frame Relay, DSL, ISDN, Serial Connections, OC-3 Fiber, ATM, MPLS, 10BASET 10BASE5 100BASETX 1000BASEFX Ethernet, FDDI Fiber Networking, IBM Token Ring, Arcnet LANs, 802.3 Ethernet, 802.3z Gigabit Ethernet, 802.5 Token Ring, 802.11b Wireless Ethernet, ATM LANE Network Access, Layer 2, 3 and 4 switching, VLAN configuration, ISL, 802.1p QoS, 802.1q Trunking, 802.2 LLC Logical Link Control, Spanning Tree Protocol Algorithms, Bluetooth PANs, USB/Bluetooth to 3G/4G Tethering and meshing.
Network and Routing Protocols: TCP/IP Connectivity, IPX/SPX Novell Networking, AppleTalk Macintosh Networking, NetBEUI NetBIOS LANs, UDP Unreliable Delivery, TCP Reliable Transport, ICMP Control Messaging, ARP Address Resolution Protocol, RARP Reverse ARP, OSPF and RIP Routing, IGRP Cisco Routing, Static Routing, TCP/IP Multicast Routing, DVMRP and PIM Multicast Routing, HSRP High Availability, IGMP Snooping Multicast Group Management, Distance Vector and Link State Dynamic Routing Algorithms
Network Services and Security: Samba Windows File Sharing, RARP with BOOTP and DHCP Dynamic Host Configuration, DNS Internet Domain Name System, Bind DNS Server, Apache HTTPD and IIS Web Servers, NFS File Service, TFTPD Trivial File Transfer, FTPD Reliable File Transfer, X Window System Unix Graphical User Interface, SMTP Mail Transport, IMAP4 Messaging, POP3 Post Office Service, NTP Network Time Synchronization, INETD Unix Service Server, Sendmail Mail Routing, NIS Unix User Administration, RAS Remote Access Servers, WINS Windows Internet Naming Services, Active Directory Services, Novell Netware File and Printer Sharing, Oracle, Cisco PIX Firewall, Firewall 1, Microsoft Proxy Server, gated, Linux IP Masquerading, NAT Address Translation, VPN Virtual Private Networking, PPTP VPN, L2TP and IPSec Network Encryption, CA Certificate Authority Key Distribution, PKI Public Key Infrastructure, SSL Web Security, SSH Secure Unix Access, PGP Encryption, Kerberos Access Tickets, Access Control Lists, System Auditing, Satan or Santa Security Analysis, Patching Security Holes, Secure Bastion Host Configuration, Multiple DMZ Demilitarized Zone Security Design, IDP Intrusion Detection and Prevention
Video Technologies: HDTV, HDMI, Composite, Component, Sigma Designs SoC, BusyBox,, FFMPEG, Minerva MPEG 2 and MPEG 4 Broadcast Quality Video Encoders, Minerva DVB to IP Transcoders, Oracle Video Server (OVS), BitBand Video Server, RTSP Real Time Streaming Protocol, RTP Real Time Protocol, RTCP Real Time Control Protocol, I-Plus One / Confidential / Acer / Pace / Motorola Television Set Top Boxes
BUSINESS AND LEGAL EXPERIENCE:
Legal Expertise: Enhanced an application that is used to manage legal contracts. Contracts, Terms, Term Sets, Amendments, Base Contract Terms, Boiler Plates
Business Knowledge: Billing, SOX, Confidential, Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, Purchase Requisitions, Enterprise Procurement, ERP, EDI, CSV, RosettaNet, Timecards, Advanced International Shipping, Semiconductor and Electronics Industry Supply Chain Management, Credit Card Verification and Security, Video Encoding, Conferencing, K2.NET Workflow, Salesforce.com CRM - Customer Relationship Management, Enterprise Sales and Finance, Commits, Forecasts, Run-Rates, Projection, Bookings, Reconciliation, Rebates, Deals, AP and AR Formulas, Bill of Lading, Platts Pricing, OPIS Pricing, Costing, Profit Margin
Analysis, Design, Development and Maintenance: UML, OOD Object Oriented Design, Design Patterns, Flow Charts, ER Diagrams, Project Management, Gantt Charts, Network Infrastructure Diagrams, Use Cases, Automating Build Creation, Automating Product Installation and Configuration, Change Management Systems, Disaster Recovery, System Optimization Scripts, System Failure Notifications, Health Monitoring with Restarting Capabilities, Communicating with Business Domain Experts, Requirements and Architectural Specification Documentation, Flow Charts, Class Hierarchies, Data Mining, OLAP, BI
Confidential, Santa Fe, NM
Senior Software Development / IT Support Engineer
- Implemented a component for Android devices that coordinates the multithreaded process of capturing, displaying and uploading video and image content.
- Enhanced a scalable non-blocking multiplexed server side component in GoLang that receives HTTPS REST PUT requests of encoded video and images from iOS, Android and web clients for optimization, transcoding and uploading to Confidential Web Services S3 cloud services for edge caching of digital content.
- Implemented a perl script to automatically generate HTML5 design templates from PDF designs.
- Updated a legacy website based on AngularJS.
- Implemented an HTML5 framework for JSON / REST / HTML5 api call binding.
- Implemented a HTML5 / CSS / SEO / semantic responsive design framework.
- Secured a LAN with DMZ, tunneling and other network security techniques including tunneling through tethering.
- Setup a MITM process for viewing decrypted HTTPS REST calls from a legacy iPhone App for insight on how to re-engineer functionality on Android and Web clients.
- Implemented automated install and configuration of linux server instances. Secured Confidential and local Linux instances.
- Implemented a clientside and serverside caching framework that cached api results for scalability and performance.
- Performed computational analysis of ancient languages such as latin, old english and middle english utilizing a variety of technologies such as SSRS, SSIS, T-SQL, asp.net, c#, bash, perl, linux, java, c and regular expressions. Implemented several linux / perl / bash scripts that downloads and parses online dictionaries and then parses prefixes, suffixes and morphemes of entire dictionaries of multiple languages that took several days to process.
- Implemented several t-sql stored procedures to mine data associations between words across different languages.
- Implemented several data import processes to parse, aggregate and load language dictionaries.
- Created many advanced charts that show statistics of language word associations across languages.
- Implemented several dynamic reports for processed language data and statistics.
IT Support Engineer
- Implemented several HTML5 Canvas, WebGL, and Android open source prototypes primarily for training, including a HTML5 Editor, transformed 3D video texture mapping, Google 3D Warehouse file loading with animation and interactivity.
- I’ve also implemented several Android App frameworks that ease the creation of apps, and some misc. apps for learning purposes.
- Right now I have six Android apps on the google play store.
- Misc. small projects such as rural infrastructure and motion camera security.
- Developed / configured an audio and video management portal with live streams for Q-VO Radio.
Confidential, Westlake Village, CA
- Supported corporate billing finance application code in the form of correcting billing errors as well as systems support.
- Automated the billing and reporting process via batch / powershell / vbscript / t-sql scripts.
- Implemented disaster recovery of Digital Insight's ERP system in preparation acquirement by Confidential corporation.
- Assisted in SOX compliance reporting. Systems were based on Dynamics GP, Pivotal CRM, MS SQL Server, .NET and ASP.NET / c#.
Confidential, Hollywood, CA
- Implemented several components including drag and drop functionality for a social web app.
Confidential, Santa Fe, NM
- Enhanced the system utilized by MVD for vehicle registration and driver records maintenance.
- Added picture and additional driver record history information utilized by many departments across the state.
- Performed security intrusion assessment and auditing for the Confidential .
- Setup and securing of an engineering endpoint system.
- Updated the state web content management system based on Microsoft Sharepoint / MOSS.
- Implemented custom ASP.net / SharepointWebParts. Performed secure data imports, patches, data management, monitoring and troubleshooting.
Confidential, Bountiful, Utah
- Implemented a web service that generates 3d panorama walkthroughs of homes.
- Implemented a web based home floor plan designer and viewer. Implemented a web home building materials management system for Pulte.
- Enhanced and maintained a style designer that enables prospective home buyers with a view of home room photos with customized wall, trimming and flooring material styling.
- Implemented a prototype for a web 3d home walkthrough. Implemented a system used to manage, create and submit Confidential files to Confidential for automated check debits and credits.
- Enhanced and stabilized an automated system used to create video presentations of homes.
Confidential, South Jordan, Utah
SQL Server Specialist
- Migrated employee payroll and benefit information from a legacy Summit system to Microsoft Dynamics GP / Darwin utilizing SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL and c#.
- Performed business analysis and support for payroll personnel and business process.
- Implemented many reports utilizing SSRS and ASP.net.
- Performed many data maintenance tasks via SQL / Stored Procedures and DBA.
- Customized and maintained a custom payroll system based on Dynamics GP / Darwin.
- Maintained several other Sharepoint, Dynamics CRM, ASP.net, SQL and c# applications.
Confidential, Beverly Hills, CA
Senior Software Engineer
- Implemented a defect tracking and quality metrics system that integrates with Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Worked on Myspace's blogging and captcha components for the new version of their site.
- Implemented a web based application used to make people famous by targeting Artists, Videos, Songs, Video Channels, Events or People across Myspace and News Corporation's advertising channels.
- The system enables targeting based on placement, region, culture and count or percentage of featured or sponsored ads.
Confidential, Torrance, CA
- Maintained and enhanced a custom business system used to automate gasoline and diesel.
- Configured PIDX product and consignee information for daily truck load lifting data imports.
- Implemented a retail inventory receipting process for price, tax and freight calculations and accruals.
- Daily maintenance of billing errors.
- Implemented Perl scripts to parse daily product pricing information from Platts PDF pricing files, OPIS spot pricing digital files and other sources.
- Maintained and configured AP and AR pricing formulas for product pricing of legal business contracts.
- Maintained shipment Bill of Laden to PO confirmation processing. Implemented many custom reports and unbranded retail gas station item level sales and costing analysis. Implemented auditing reports of the Loc Software Store Management Suite.
- Performed troubleshooting of hardware and software defects of core servers.
- Technologies included Word, Excel, Bash, Perl, ASP.NET, c#, DTS, SSIS, SSRS, EDI and T-SQL Stored Procedures.
Confidential, Santa Monica, CA
- Architected a content management system / portal / social network for the entertainment industry utilizing Flex, ActionScript (AS3), Flash, Java Applets, ASP.NET AJAX, c#, SQL, FBML and Confidential Connect.
- Created a RIA web site for the automotive performance technology industry utilizing Flash, Flex and ActionScript (AS3). Developed a web property management system utilizing .NET technologies. Coded a portal for searching venues and scheduling events.
- Implemented a Confidential application utilizing FBML, PHP, Linux, Java, Flash and ActionScript.
Confidential, Santa Monica, CA
- Maintained an internal application used for onboarding new hires and routing logistical workflow action requests.
- Enhanced the system to include resource move plan workflow. Implemented an application used to gather project and contact information.
- Enhanced an application used for campaigning targeted propaganda to key U.S. military and political officials.
- Developed a kiosk system.
- The development environment included ASP.NET 3.5, AJAX, WWF, WCF, c#, cygwin, bash, Perl, BMC Remedy, VSS, SSIS and SSRS.
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
- Architected and implemented a web user interface for a high-definition television system on a custom set-top-box platform.
- Engineered a system that enables people to view categorized movie trailers and order high-definition movies for an advanced entertainment experience for Confidential .
- Developed an interactive electronic television program guide.
Confidential, Fresno, CA
- Designed, implemented and deployed an BPM - Business Process Management system for streamlining the operation of Confidential.
- The application manages customer, contact, company, employee, timesheet, invoicing, reporting and other business information and processes.
- Visual Studio, ASP.NET, c#, AJAX and SQL Reporting Services were the primary tools used for development.