- In - depth analysis of business processes, enterprise and source systems to determine data gaps and business requirements for data warehousing and software solutions.
- Create mappings, model conceptual/logical and physical relational/dimensional data warehouses for a multitude of business entities (health, telecommunications, and PNC insurance) on MS SQL, Teradata, and Hadoop technical platforms.
- Twelve years of software experience designing and developing software integrated systems creating graphical user interface, client/web distributed 3-tier systems and database using Microsoft web architecture best practices.
- Project Management/leading experience delivering BI solutions and software systemsusing SDLC, Agile, and removing bottlenecks.
- Familiarizing with technology trends and best practices to solution/ensure quality of deliverables.
Diagramming: Erwin/Power Designer/ER-Studio (Logical and Physical ER Diagram, Dimensional Star, Snowflake, Dimensions and Fact types), Visio 2014 (SOA, Business Workflow, Service Oriented Architecture, UML Use Case, Activity and Class Diagram, Object-Class, Context, Data-Flow), Business Requirements, Source-To-Target data mappings, System Specifications, Application Instructions, GUI prototyping
Databases (DB): IBM DB2, Informix, Hadoop (HDFS), Teradata 13/14, SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2 (Database Performance Tuning), Oracle, Access 2014, familiar with Cache & Cobol
DB/SOA Interface: SSIS 2014, Open-link Interface Engine maintenance, Share-point REST
Development Tools: Visual Studio .NET 2013, Aqua Studio, MS InfoPath, Share-point Designer 2010, Oracle TOAD, SQL Management Studio, MS Project 2010, IIS 6.0, Adobe Photoshop
Reporting: SSRS 2014, Tableau, Crystal Reports 10.0/11.0, .NET Reporting Services
Server Admin: Windows Server Active Directory, IIS 7.0, SQL Server 2008 R2, Cache Server
Senior Data Architect
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
- Coordinates with personnel at the NOC to sustain the data warehouse production and create test environments for the future Data Repository environment.
- Serves on corporate committees concerning conversion of company legacy to corporate data warehouse and data mart.
- Ensures the integrity and accuracy of the data on the Informix and mainframe DB2 source systems are loaded accurately loaded to the warehouse.
- Oversees the scheduling of processes which support the company warehouse loads and provides the necessary reports to meet business reporting requirements.
- Perform a full data gap analysis between company legacy warehouse, data science team, business adhoc reporting to the newly designed corporate enterprise warehouse. Analysis was performed by creating an automated C# tool translating SQL etl and queries to determine data lineage and create a source to target mapping of legacy warehouse used to compare with corporate model.
- Perform validations of claims stage load to company warehouse by creating an automated C# validation tool.
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
- Lead multiple BI project teams of Functional, Systems Analyst, Data Architect (off-shore), Hadoop, ETL, BO developers and QAT by providing detail solutions, removing bottlenecks throughout SDLC and deployment. Acts as an advisor to project team members and documentation review approver.
- Determined source strategy GAP analysis, business-rules, data-profiling, quality and volume for reporting requirements via transport through Hortonworks Hadoop Sqoop import/export, HIVE to HDFS.
- Created a logical/physical data model for SQL, Enterprise Data warehouse Teradata (TD) Relational model and current Dimensional model. Modeling strategies to ensure high data performance retrieval.
- Provide inputs to Data Architect standards on historical loads, incremental GG loads, DDL TD table type.
- Review data-architect team members’ PDM to ensure modeling standards, naming conventions, indexing, primary/business keys and relationships are met for subject matter.
- Deeply involved in QAT process between testers and developers to ensure data accuracy by reviewing Teradata SQL ETL code and data results.
- Consulted end-to-end of SDLC for the Meta-data Management application, deployment strategy, documenting business/system requirements, and user- data lineage/impact analysis.
- Designed and configured SharePoint site collecting information for project coordination displaying working projects, entities, and data-dictionary by integrating to ER-Studio database by coding SP XSLT.
Application-Data Architect, Senior Research Application Developer
Confidential - Research, Seattle, WA
- Consultative Service as business analyst to Principal Investigator by creating and documenting workflow process for multiple scanner system images and data files into a central directory structure. Software architected web application by creating metadata db pointing to scanned data file storage servers.
- Implemented CEO initiative, Vendor CORES billing/lab services system to research facilities by providing data strategy, system documentation, to managers/staff and system administration.
- Created visual strategic report to track project work packages progress, estimated variance, and actuals with use of SharePoint REST API, OData, JSon calendar and lists data to Tableau.
Lead Data-ETL Architect
Confidential, Edmonds, WA
- Created an automated system to transform legacy COBOL WX clinical and patient financial accounting data files dynamically by using COBOL pictures/schema (data-types), dynamic T-SQL, and SSIS to process the data load to target SQL Schema Database.
- Architected, developed, deployed, and maintained multiple automated EMR and financial transformed cold-feeds to meet 3rd party financial Vendors, CRM software and JCAHO specifications. Used SQL 2005, windows.NET, SQL/XML, XML, Monarch, Crystal Reports, gpg encryption, and Coreftp. Backup maintenance of live feed Open-Link interface.
- Lead team in the data-conversion of master data for EMR system by transforming, eliminating data errors and streamlining data validation process between the legacy system and new schema data warehouse.
Confidential - Marysville, WA
- Managed project team, system/application/data-model (3nf) architected, gathered business requirements, designed, deployed and administrate the TANF Department primary Web Application System. System automated and enforces state/federal regulations requirements.
- Consulted on system selection for upgrade to automate Family Services Department workflow processes. Project manager assigning project tasks, resources, and ensuring on-time deployment 3rd party scheduling and case system. Documented Security diagram to meet business and technical standards. Overall department technical upgrade network, servers, workstations, and systems.
- Created scanning work-flow process for implementation of scanning system to Medical Records Department tagging searchable document elements connected to Document Management Database.
- Documented a Request For Proposal for the Clinical EMR System based on business (physician, nurse, finance, registration, contract health services, pharmacy, laboratory, radiology and medical records) and health industry compliance and technical requirements (HL7, DICOM, X12N, HIPAA, etc.).
- Interim HIPPA compliance officer leading on HIPPA committee. Lead technical Representative deploying HIPPA policies technical features.
- Site manager administrated, security audited and deployed system features of clinical system. Completed in timely manner export and reporting requirements for I.H.S. (RPMS/Cache).
- Completed requirements gathering, system documentation, design, relational data-model, development, and implementation of the IT web Trouble Ticketing System. Maintain and modify system features.
- Lead data architect reviewing enterprise relational model for operational departments (finance, enrollment, human resources, natural resources, health services, social services, al services). Created government enterprise data dictionary.