- Cloud Solutions & Engineering
- Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Intelligent Automation Platform
- Enterprise Software Solutions
- Best - in-Class Software Products
- Software Design
- Agile Software Development
- Transformational Technologies
- Upgrades & Migrations
- Data Transformations
- Integrated Solutions
- Proprietary Applications
- Personnel Leadership
- Resource Management
- Senior Advisement
- Tri-Lingual: English, French & Amharic
Software & Tools: MS Office Suite, Eclipse, Visual Studio, TFS, SSMS, SSRS, SSMS, git, VSTS, PowerShell, Azure CLI, Docker Containers, Service Fabric, Kubernetes, SharePoint
Platforms/Operating Systems: Windows 10, Windows Servers, Unix, Linux, Bloomberg Terminal, Intex, Microsoft Azure, AWS
Networking: FTP,TCP/IP, Ethernet
Databases: Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016
- Manage all Azure migrations including prototyping and architecting of all proprietary applications.
- Lead a team of developers and Quality Assurance Analysts, providing leadership, technical requirements and guidance to the team.
- Coordinate with executive management on planning and status updates.
- Actively gather requirements and design and implement applications to enable optimal efficiency.
- Proactively interface with end-users, customer requests, and bug fixes. Significantly contribute to the application planning and deployment.
- Re-engineered and migrated apps to Microsoft Azure and AWS; implemented Azure security, azure storage, database, application gateway, load balancing, VMs, and configured automated monitoring and alerts.
- Migrated code from TFS to Azure DevOps.
- Designed and implemented CICD pipelines, code check-ins, and pull requests strategies adhering to all relevant compliance and best practices.
- Designed and implemented client facing cloud native applications.
- Managed and deployed Microsoft Azure resources using ARM Template and Terraform.
- Contributed to the development of securitization proprietary tax applications used for various debt instruments (Mortgage-backed Securities, Collateral Loan Obligations, CDO), powered by Intex.
- Integrated Intex solutions into proprietary applications to model cashflows and analyze various debt instruments; primary application calculates year-end taxable income and basis and generates report on actively traded MBS portfolio.
- Containerized AWS hosted legacy application and migrated to Azure AKS.
- Designed and Implemented SSRS report customization module.
- Designed and implemented Intelligent Automation Platform using .NET core, Angular and Python.
- Designed and Implemented financial deal management application using .NETcore and Angular.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Managed all data transformation and migration of application upgrades.
- Actively participated in Agile Scrum meetings covering status of features, bug fixes in progress, and project assignments and updates.
- Designed, estimated, and implemented new features according to specifications.
- Utilized MVVM design pattern for MONAHRQ and generate a website which uses MVC design pattern. Heavily utilized C#, Linq, NHibernate, and Entity Framework.
- Developed applications in support of comprehensive business operations and initiatives.
- Participated in the interview process and hiring of new software engineers.
- Switched ORM from NHibernate to Entity Framework 6.0; created sample applications for each module using EF 6.0 for a seamless transition.
Senior Software Engineer
- Strategic and solutions-oriented Senior Software Engineer & Certified Microsoft Azure Architect with expertise aligning technical, management, and strategy teams while meeting business and customer objectives.
- Strong desire to support a robust, international organization capable of utilizing multi-lingual competencies.
- Esteemed for overhauling processes to improve efficiency, productivity, and bottom-line performance. Recognized for strong problem-solving skills leading to balanced and positive outcomes.
- Highly versatile, quick-learning, and capable of readily establishing a positive and dependable rapport with team members.
- Maintain exceptional interpersonal communication skills and am intellectually equipped to serve within roles where strong technical aptitude, agility, and effective leadership is key.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Senior Software Engineer
- Optimized SQL Server store procedures used for aggregating and retrieving data.
- Performed refactoring of existing code to ensure future implementation development was highly efficient.
- Created custom user controls for MONAHRQ, a WPF application using Prism 4.0 Library.
- Successfully completed migration from MONAHRQ 5.0 to MONAHRQ 6.2.
- Optimized UI features, leading to an increase in application responsiveness.
- Completed bug fixes on MONAHRQ and generated website.
- Created C# code report generators to circumvent SQL Server Express 2008 limitations; improved performance by 50%.
- Setup TFS to automate the build process, effectively saving both time and money.
- Collaborated in the upgrade of NHibernate and successfully resolved reported issues.
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
- Designed and coded UI utilizing XAML, Infragistics Charting, and reporting controls.
- Effectively designed and developed GUI using C# and XAML.
- Involved in the complete SDLC including requirement analysis, design and implementation using Agile methodology.
- Performed Agile development testing and applied Agile software development methodologies.
- Designed and developed a utility application using WPF to avoid manual entry, which successfully decreased the amount of work needed for each module by almost two weeks; also utilized WPF to design and develop a code generation tool.
- Effectively employed the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) design pattern.
- Utilized Infragistics WPF chart and report controls.
- Designed WPF reusable custom controls using XAML and C#.