Design and implement applications and solutions for websites and mobile devices.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer
- Master of Science in Engineering
- Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering - Dec. 1985
Experience Chronology: 17 years industry `experience (Software / Engineering).
Web Developer/Software Engineer (contract: TekSystems), July 2011 – October 2011
- Project: Developed a new .NET front end for check processing application.
- Tools: Web development tools: VB, C#, .NET, XBAP, Visual Studio IDE.
Confidential, South Carolina
Web Developer/Software Engineer (contract: TekSystems), November 2010 – Jan 2011
- Project: Implemented a Bing Map geometric shape editing tool (Geofence) for a production marine port security application using Silverlight-4. The tool created polygons, polylines, rectangles, and circles and allows the created shapes to be moved and resized on the map. Shapes were designed to account for extreme latitude effects as displayed on a Bing map.
- Tools: Web development tools: C#.NET-4, Silverlight-4, Visual Studio 2010, Eclipse IDE.
Web Developer/Software Engineer May 2010 – November 2010
- Project: Was on the team that implemented a web based version of the Flight Planning system for launch customer Continental Airlines using ASP.NET/Silverlight and SOA web services.
- Tools: Used Microsoft web development tools: C#.NET-4 Silverlight-4, Visual Studio 2010.
Confidential, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Developer/Software Engineer (contract: Apex Inc.), November 2009 – May 2010
- Project: Created Out-of-Browser (OOB) Silverlight app that paralleled an iPhone mobile app. The app tracked open issues and incidents in real-time for CTO/CIO level management that was responsible for internal (Wholesale) software within the bank. Worked on the Wells Fargo corporate intranet for CTO/CIO level management using dashboards and sidebar widgets implemented in ASP.NET and Silverlight communicating via web services.
- Tools: Used current Windows development tools such as: C#, Visual Studio 2010, Silverlight-4 Expression Studio (Blend), XAML, LINQ, .NET4, XML, WCF, Telerik, Visifire, and Virtual-PC. All projects and websites are hosted on Windows (IIS) and SharePoint server.
Confidential, Valparaiso, Florida
Developer/Software Engineer (contract engineer: Aerotek), April 2009 – November 2009
- Project: Worked on the Joint Mission Planning (JMPS) and Portable Flight Planning Software (PFPS) programs developing and integrating WPF controls into new and pre-existing WinForms applications; as well as, converting legacy controls to WPF. Also, developed software for the Common Mission Data Loader (CMDL) project using WPF and Visual Studio.Net (C#).
- Tools: Used Windows development tools such as: C#, Visual Studio 2008, Expression Blend, XAML, LINQ, .NET3.5, WPF, XML, Source Safe, and Virtual-PC.
Confidential, Eglin Air Force Base, Florida
Software Engineer, (contract engineer: AlphaData Corp) Feb. 2007 – April 2008
- Project: Developed Windows Forms applications using C#, C++, SQL/Access, XML, Windows .NET3, Visual Studio, Virtual-PC, IIS, Vault source control. Developed and tested a multiple-control, multiple-dll interactive GUI application for Joint Munitions Effectiveness Manuals/ Weaponeering System (JMEM/WS) used by multiple branches of the US military.
- Tasks: The implementation included application specific SQL database queries and XML parsing of multiple tables. The user interface included dynamic, scalable input/output C#, ASP.NET controls.
- Tasks (continued): Automated command-line input was also included with error handling code for graceful behavior with invalid input data. Tested/Debugged additional JMEM/WS-2.0 application modules. Development environment: SIPRNET -Secret clearance.
Confidential, Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Software Engineer, (contract engineer: Aerotek) May 2005 – May 2006
- Project: Military target drone communication and control system software development for the Frequency Agile Data Link System research and development project. The objective of this project was to implement and functional test a prototype real-time frequency monitoring and hopping data link system suitable for control of multiple aerial target drones that may use range extending airborne data relays. Real-time GPS data used extensively throughout the system.
- Tasks: Tasks involve the design and implementation of new software for the ground command/control and target response/telemetry applications which will communicate via their respective prototype ground and airborne transponders employing a data link protocol. All application software was developed using the Microsoft (MS) Visual Studio, C++/C#, GPS mapping, Visual Source Safe on Windows platforms. Customers included the Army, Navy, and Air Force.
Lead Software Engineer, May 2002 – May 2005
- Project: Computerized Physical Fit/Virtual Stores Separation (CPF/VSS) application. CPF/VSS was a virtual simulation tool used by the U.S. Air Force Seek Eagle Office (AFSEO) to predict 6DOF store/weapon fit and separation characteristics for analysis of actual flight tests. The C/C++/C# languages were used to command the Unigraphics NX3.NET Open/API precision CAD package. Software development was conducted under CMM/I Level III guidelines using MS Visual Studio.NET providing reporting to MS Excel. (Secret clearance).
- Tasks: Tasks included design and implementation of new software enhancements, upgrades, utility programs, bug detection and correction, and testing of the CPF/VSS code base. Additionally, MS Windows system function libraries, the Visual Source Safe source configuration control environment and CAD package Unigraphics were also used.
- Improved analysis performance by a factor of 10 using faceted aircraft models.
- Developed a method for performing analyses between two moving stores/weapons.
- Reduced analysis time by 50% over baseline when analyzing between moving stores.
- Implemented method to measure any point-point distance in the CPF/VSS workspace.
- Implemented a distance based method for deployment of moveable wings and tail fins.
- Developed a method allowing for multiple store release time sequencing -ripple release.
- Introduced method for saving portable self contained reusable configurations.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Confidential, Waco, Texas
Aircraft Systems Design Engineer – contract engineer, January 1999 - February 2000
- Pro/Engineer v.20i and Pro Programming (C++), UNIX scripts and files.
- Use of Pro/E, Pro/Program to automate and optimize various design tasks.
- Boeing 777/737 VIP mod. ECS/Lav tube design, layout and installations.
- Production drawings/modification of mechanical systems/assemblies.
- Mechanical and electrical systems installations, brackets and engineering drawings.
Confidential, Portland, Oregon
Systems Design Engineer –contract engineer, May 1998 - November 1998
- CATIA v.4.1.9 Design Layouts, Details and Solid-E, GUI Interface Customization, UNIX OS.
Confidential, contract engineer, February 1997 - October 1997
- CATIA designer: Solids, installations, detail drawings, and customized Motif menus.
- CATIA v.4.1.9 Design Layouts, Details and SolidE (9,000+hrs total).
Confidential, contract engineer, January 1993 - February 1997
- Environmental Control Systems: Layouts/Details (DOD Secret clearance).
- CATIA v.4 (8,000+ hrs total) 2D/3D California mockup (COMOK /EDFS).
- Electrical harness layouts, cockpit/crew systems, oxygen/hydraulics.
- Flexible and rigid Line/Hose Layouts with multi-degree of freedom routines.
Confidential, Flight Test Certification Group, March 1986 – April 1991
- Mechanical and electrical systems installations, brackets and drawings (MD11 & MD80).
- Mechanical, hydraulic, ECS, Strain gage and electrical system tests.
- Mechanical Design Engineer, Hydro mechanical Group C17A.
- Running, fishing, sailing, scuba, snorkeling, exercising, running, water & snow skiing