SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- At the City of Confidential we developed analysis maps and data bases for City Council and the Mayor's office showing the commercial and residential projects in the Confidential metro area.
- Oklahoma Department of Transportation we leaded the way on the first ITS project in the state mapping the installation of fiber optic cable and conduit across the state. All installation of conduit, fiber optic cable and equipment was mapped and cataloged with ArcMap. Also with ArcMap the Installation, Project management and Maintenance of the ITS program.
- GIS ArcMap was used in several legal cases with oil companies concerning drilling rights near major water bodies in the City of Houston metro area.
- Our department maintained several data sites on The Confidential GIMS web site.
- At the City of Houston we linked the Developer Participation Contracts program with ArcMap, Access, and Office Project. This gave management and up to date status of all projects reports for internal use.
- Communication, Written, Oral, and Cartographic - The ability to convey GIS/spatial information to non-GIS/technical people.
- Analytical Skills Prepared maps with spatial data for legal, political, residential using ArcMap suite tools.
- GIS spatial and attribute data management, integration of data from disparate sources, defining data types, identifying data anomalies, and responding to business requests for database changes Information Gathering - Knowing how to find information and identify essential information, and validate the information.
- Expert understanding of GIS: ArcGIS 9.1/9.2/9.3.1/10 ArcInfo version ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox Model Builder Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, Network Analyst,ArcInfo Workstation , ArcIMS 9, ArcView 3.3, VisualBasic VBA and ArcObjects , XTools Pro for ArcGIS, Global Mapper, Google Earth, ENVI, FARSITE.
- Strong programming skills C, C , Visual Basic, VB.NET, Oracle, SQL, Access, Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
- Work closely with end users to identify GIS requirements, technical issues and training needs analyzes current business processes and recommends best practice solutions constructs information technology definitions based on identified needs of the organization.
- Extensive hands-on experience in network engineering, Windows, systems administration, troubleshooting, backup and repair. Designed, installed, configured and maintained complex routed LAN and WAN networks. A team player who also can work well independently. Maintains Geographic Information System GIS system by maintaining the GIS server s which typically involves working with the IT server administrators to install and upgrade the server's operating system and necessary GIS software. Designed a database map library organization system. Evaluates, tests, and deploys all software and hardware upgrades to the GIS server infrastructure. Inputs data into GIS tables in order to create usable graphic GIS layers. Creates multiple views of underlying GIS layers in order to provide reports and compile in depth and multi-dimensional analysis.
- Performs complex cadastral and GIS data maintenance, manipulation, analysis, extraction and generation assignments performs data research, investigation and verification creates and maintains files of digital pictures of streets and street problems for department use codes and digitizes maps and geographical feature data into various layers prepares projects and data for archival storage performs record keeping and inventory documents and files data sources and map files for future reference responds to requests from the public for mapping data responds to emergency mapping and information requests.
Develops a wide variety of computerized maps and map layers through the use of automated drafting equipment by interpreting source data, electronically drafting or digitizing the information into the computer data base, adhering to pre-established Assessor and GIS mapping conventions and following pre-established procedures and sequences quality assures layers for accuracy identifies and corrects GIS errors establishes and maintains GIS and computer data files determines scale, line size and color to print hard copies of computerized maps using a plotter trains staff to interpret source documents and use automated drafting equipment may act as departmental liaison regarding the Geographic Information System GIS may assist in writing and simplifying procedures may act as a lead worker to extra-help staff graphically depicts parcel splits, combinations and land boundary adjustments, including subdivisions, condominiums and townhouses, through the use of computer aided drafting techniques and tools, by interpreting and researching legal descriptions on recorded deeds and survey maps prepares chronology of changes to parcels requiring additional research transfers revised parcel drawings to Assessor computer files and the County GIS utilizing standards and protocols appropriate to each function calculates land areas annually revises parcel maps to reflect tax code area changes by evaluating information provided by the State Board of Equalization answers questions and provides information to the public and staff regarding assessment maps prepares legal descriptions of tax delinquent properties, describing property boundaries in relation to adjacent properties by researching and combining existing descriptions completes supporting forms, paperwork and correspondence to relay completion of parcel changes to the property owners and staff.
- Maintain geospatial attributes associated with the pipeline system.
- This includes maintaining the centerline position of the pipeline, valve locations, pipe attributes and other information that pertains to the pipeline that are stored in SDE and SQL database.
- Responsible for generating alignment sheets, HCA maps and risk assessment data sheets.
- I used ESRI products and custom pipeline application will be utilized to perform tasks and develop solutions that are unique to each project.
- Coordinate with engineering to define potential HCA impacts as defined in CFR49 Part 195 and will be a member of the audit team responding to DOT audits manages and maintains data for National Pipeline Mapping System NPMS annual submission.
- Worked directly with field personnel to collect, process, incorporate and correct data for pipeline updates.
- Conducts research, queries, and creates custom data and maps for various internal customers.
- Responsible for data acquisition and integration as new pipeline systems are acquired.
- Support GIS department with basic mapping assistance, research, and printing.
- Assist with data acquisition and integration when new pipelines and/or facilities are acquired.
- Create, maintain, and input pipeline information into GIS-based pipeline management and maintenance system.
- Input pipeline maintenance records.
- Verifying data using PODS, ArcGIS PODS tool bar and PODS data model organization.
- Develops and modifies simple applications and scripts using ArcObjects, Python, VBScript Oracle, and Model Builder.
- Participated in documentation compliance reviews and related remediation for system security and controls.
- Creates new computer programs or edits existing programs in order to produce maps and automate procedures.
- Maintains databases for GIS-related metadata.
- Writes documentation as necessary.
- Participates as needed, in meetings with developers and client staff to fully understand expected project outcomes.
- Works cooperatively with managers to complete assigned work.
- Proactively seeks input and clarification from other employees assigned to given projects in order to minimize time spent in performing the essential duties of the position.
- Reviewed customer's as built plans.
- Create maps and graphs, using GIS software and related equipment.
- Review water/wastewater as-built and additional engineering drawings.
- Use additional ESRI tools to validate and modify GIS layers
- Gather, analyze, and integrate spatial data from staff and determine how best the information can be displayed using GIS.
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including censuses, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps.
- Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports.
- Design and update database, applying additional knowledge of spatial feature representations.
- Enter new map data through use of a digitizer or by direct input of coordinate information using the principles of cartography including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography, and map scales.
- Analyze geographic relationships among varying types of data.
- Prepare metadata and other documentation.
- Move, copy, delete, and add files, drawings, and maps to output reports in hard copy or electronic transfer.
- Present information to users and answer questions.
- Retrieve stored maps.
Assistant Engineer / GIS / CAD Specialist
Advised Senior Engineering on proper GIS software to acquire to meet Intelligent Transportation System ITS first-time GIS mapping needs. Primary responsibilities included requirement gathering, analysis, planning, design, facility assessment, implementation, and operational sustainment of all international telecommunications networks internal and external to NGA. Provided documentation necessary to manage Project Life Cycle. Worked closely with project managers contractors and engineers to coordinate telecommunications efforts with project schedules. Responsible for managing all personnel resources related to fiber optics and circuit implementation. Responsible for managing circuit installation using various domestic and international telecommunications providers and standardsUpdated and maintained GIS software created or acquired and managed all geographic data needed to design and operate ODOT ITS including: land boundary / cadastral data, roads, power lines, pipelines, digital elevation models DEMs , digital raster graphics DRGs / topographic images, aerial imagery, elevation contours, vegetation cover, environmental and cultural data, survey data, camera sites and regenerations infrastructure. Designed and created specialized GIS databases of leased lands and regional right of way from non-spatial data. Created print-quality maps in a variety of electronic and print formats and sizes to show land ownership, camera sites and meteorological tower locations, overhead sign structures, geotechnical / soil boring locations, wetlands and other areas of historical and environmental concern, special use lands, transmission lines, and figures used as exhibits in ODOT's legal documents. Crosschecked legal descriptions on land contracts against GIS data. Analyzed environmental data including National Wetland Inventory NWI data and Natural Heritage Program data for Species of Concern, to determine areas to avoid when siting camera locations. Constructed queries, combined numeric fields, joined non-spatial data with existing spatial databases and summarized fields to analyze data to answer relevant questions and make special request maps. Created Model Builder tools to automate routine tasks. Created map templates for monthly reports and worked with GIS Analyst in Department of Transportation office to apply templates. Coordinated with surveying / engineering consultants, converted CAD data into GIS layers and vice versa, and reviewed consultant invoices with an eye toward maintaining a reasonable budget. Prepared GPS units for site visits. Maintained plotter and provided ad hoc computer support.
Jet Engine Mechanic
- Career progressed to Staff Sergeant in three years.
- Installed and overhauled engines on multiple planes.
- Trouble shot electrical problems on F-16 fighter.
- Red Flag Team Leader at Nellis Air Force Base for three years.