MCP ID: 967435
Microsoft Certified Professional : (Visual Basic 6.0, Desktop/Distributed)
Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2000 Enterprise
BrainBench certification: http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=1819871
MS in Systems Engineering
BS in Aerospace Engineering
Secret Clearance: 2004
Foster City, CA 6/27/2009 to present
- Used SSIS to upload Excel file into SQL Server
- Used oledb and excel connection string to read excel file.
- Used Google Translate to translate English into several Romance Languages
- Used Visual Studio 2008 and Framework 3.5
- Created tables and stored procedures in SQL Server 2005
- Used Remote Desktop
- Wrote C# code for new web pages
- Inserted and consumed data with Parature REST API.
Maitland, FL 2/1/2008 to 11/1/2008
- Created SQL Server 2005 data access and business logic classes in Visual Studio 2008 and Framework 3.5
- Wrote code in C# and VB.Net. Create web pages to retrieve, examine and edit data and images from SQL Server databases.
- Created ASP.Net user interfaces for EMR (Electronic Medical Records) application
- Created threadpools and object pools
- Wrote and consumed web services to communicate between objects and databases associated with legacy application written in VB.NET and our new application written in C#. The web services were used retrieve datasets from one application and to send it over to the other. Datasets were used because they are serializable.
- Worked with Telerik Prometheus RadGrid controls to create ASP.NET User Interface web pages.
- Used button templating and the InstantiateIn method to create new controls and labels dynamically for a hierarchical forms system. The system allowed the creation, editing and deployment of existing and new forms. The forms described different aspects of medical procedures and outcomes.
- Used Source Gear Vault for configuration management and source control
- Create Windows Service using FileSystemWatcher. This service automatically stored files into the database when the files were placed in the appropriate directory
- Uploaded and parsed file data into Sql Server database. The data concerned medical codes and medicinal indicators.
- Used Bulk Insert, Filestream and Reader methods to examine and parse medical data and terminology.
- Created new codes, forms, and front end user interfaces to revise and extend the exiting EMR application.
- Altered and debugged existing code and forms. The menus interacted with the forms so that certain menu items would be highlighted depending on navigation.
- Used Ajax with Telerik controls
- Using Visual Studio 2008 C# and Framework 3.5, uploaded binary objects into SQL sever 2005. Uploaded images and binary signatures.
- Used bug trackers to submit and resolve software bugs
Orlando, FL 8/1/2007 to 2/1/2008. Web Developer
- Used dynamic SQL to calculate intermediate values and to control program flow. Often the regulations that work for the finance and credit industry vary from state to state.
- Edited DataDynamics Active Reports. The reports had to be written so that state specific information would correctly appear at run time.
- Used C# in Visual Studio 2005
- Used SQL Server 2005 to write and edit stored procedures.
- Wrote and edited stored procedures
- Used shelvesets in Team Foundation for editing, branching, and configuration control
- Familiar with Credit Card and ABA Routing Number validation
- Maintained legacy code. Revised and extended existing web page functionality.
- Used enumerations, casting, conversions and Object Oriented code
Maitland, FL 5/14/2007 to 7/15/2007. Web Developer
- Updated existing reports using VS Studio 2003. The reports had to be tailored for specific clients, offices and workers.
- Updated where clauses in SQL Server 2000 queries
- Installed, and updated software that was part of an automated phone system. The system was used to answer phone calls, make new phone calls, create phone conference and store data in a Sql Server database.
- Debugged software installs and SQL statements
Dallas, TX 10/30/2006 to 4/13/2007. C# web developer.
- Maintained VB6 legacy code that tracked parts inventory, assembly and repair for electronic systems
- Maintained Visual Studio 2003 C# and ASP.NET code
- Created Visual Studio 2005 C# and ASP.NET code
- Used MS SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services to help management examine which product lines where performing well and which lines needed tweaking.
Scheduling and subscription of Reporting Services
- Used VS Studio 2005 Analysis Services to create cubes.
Used VS Studio 2005 Reporting Services to chart the cubes.
- Inserted clipboard information into web pages and dynamically
Dallas, TX 7/17/2006 to 10/15/2006. C# web developer.
- Used C# Winforms to parse XML Documents.
- Stored parsed XML data in MySql database
- Wrote MySql Stored procedures
- Parsed , validated and stored Transaction data.
- Developed applications using VSS and Visual Studio 2005.
- Created and parsed CSV documents via C# in Visual Studio. The information was in the form of banking and credit card documents in CSV and XML format.
- Queried Sql Server 2000 database
- Successfully completed vendor credit card certification process.
Newport Beach, CA 11/1/2005 to 5/1/2006. ASP.Net web developer
- Performed Technology utility and feasibility studies
- Converted VB6 code and applications to C# ASP.Net
- Used ASP.NET version 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005
- Used ASP.NET version 1.0 and Visual Studio 2003
- Used IIS version 5.1
- Used Microsoft Computer Management 5.1
- Used SQLExpress,
- Used SQL server 2000 Installed Juval Lowy's CredentialManager
- Did some work on this website:
- Wrote some PL/SQL queries and worked with Oracle database.
Irvine, CA: 8/15/2005 to 10/1/2005. ASP.Net web developer
- Converted VB6 workflow code to VB.NET
- Created user interfaces for web based work flow
- Created user interfaces for requisition processes
- Drew data into ASP.NET pages from SQL Server databases, and Flat files.
Sacramento, CA: 3/21/2005 to 7/31/2005. ASP.NET web developer
- Converted C# methods and objects into VB.NET methods and objects
- Modified ASP.NET shopping carts
- Created online Catalog
- Used OleDB to Access and modify data.
- Serialized custom classes so they could be handled by Viewstate
- Created custom logon and customer tracking application
- Used recursion and SQL self joins to manipulate hierarchical data
- Used tree controls to navigate through hierarchical data
- Worked on this site: http://www.dss.cahwnet.gov/cdssweb/FormsandPu_271.htm
Oklahoma City, OK: 8/17/2004 to 12/23/2004. ASP.NET web developer
- Converted Windows desktop VB.NET pages to ASP.NET Web Pages
- Created new ASP.NET web pages
- Wrote SQL Queries and stored procedures against SQL Server 2000 Database
- Wrote packages and stored procedures against Oracle 8i and Oracle 9i using TOAD Software.
- Examined form fit and function of existing Windows VB.NET application and Made adjustments as needed.
Patrick AFB, FL: 04/1/2003 to 04/30/2004. Web developer
- Edited, recompiled and uploaded Visual Basic dlls.
- Created ASP and HTML GUIs.
- Wrote SQL Server stored procedures for data access.
- Used ASP.Net and VB.net to create modules for a DNN portal project.
- Created and scheduled SQL Server 2000 DTS packages to import and transform data.
- Created ASP.NET code to import and export XML data with embedded schema.
- Created document management interface using FSO and CDONTS
- Created a ASP.NET application that uploaded documents and wrote them to the sever hard drive
Ft Knox, KY: 10/1/2002 to 3/30/2003. Web developer.
- Worked on this site: http://www.usarec.army.mil/.
- Writing and executing SQL against Oracle database.
- Converting data from Excel to CSV format for import to Oracle tables.
- Wrote, edited, compiled and installed VB6 DLLs.
Sacramento, CA: 9/1/2001 to 9/30/2002. Access Database Administrator.
- Aeries administrator. Help Desk support.
- Performed some Windows Scripting Host (WSH) and HTML programming duties. The WSH scripts I wrote were run on every computer in the district--well over 1,000 computers.The purpose of the script was to change short cuts and INI files.
- Edited and adapted ASP and HTML code from a contractor to suit district purposes.
- The code stored job applicant data into a Microsoft Access 97 database.
- The WSH scripts I wrote were run on every computer in the district--well over 1,000 computers.
- Created a series of Excel Visual Basic for Applications macros to process, upload, and chartthe legacy data. Maintained district and some school websites: http://www.grant.k12.ca.us.
Louisville, Kentucky: 3/1/2001 to 9/30/2001.
- Principle projects were for University of Louisville Athletics Ticketing Department, Brown and Forman Distillery Company, distillers of Jack Daniel’s, and Publisher's Printing Company.
- Performed process studies of a cooperage and the storage and filling side of a distillery. Studied means of implementing a bar code reading and tracking system.
- Created DHTML based drop down menu which was used as an include file for both PC and Mac internet browsers.
- Using transact sql created stored procedures using cursors, fetch, declare, select and Insert. Used stored procedures and Transact SQL in stored procedures.
- Frequently used Visual Source safe on group projects.
- Recompiled DLLs after I edited classes.
Atlanta, GA: 4/1/2000 to 9/30/2000. Web Developer
- Worked for the 54th largest developer of corporate web pages in the United States. The URL I performed the most extensive work on was an award winning site.
- Edited web pages with Visual Interdev. Created web pages with Homesite.
- Wrote Active Server Pages VBScript code that enabled the binary upload of resumes into a SQL Server database and, using the File Scripting Object, directly on to a server directory. Wrote ASP code that allowed users who had placed their resumes in the system to review their resumes and to E-mail the resumes to recruiters.
Atlanta, GA: 9/1/1999 to 3/30/2000. Web Developer
- Created three Active Server Pages applications.
- One to gather and disseminate information about moving individuals, computers, phones, etc from one location to another.
- The second supported purchase requests and included a shopping cart.
- The third was an inventory application that automatically notified customers whenever any part of their order was in.
- Each of these applications was built using VBScript and ASP with MS Access as the database.
- Each application included ASP utilities that allowed the creation, editing, updating and deleting of user records via ASP and ADO.
- Each application used a CDONTs mailer to inform employees and their managers of the status of user requests. When necessary, the mailers included forms that automatically updated the databases depending on manager approval or disapproval.
Warner Robbins, GA: 5/1/1999 –7/30/1999
- Changed and adapting an Access front end manufacturing application so that it can read from an off the shelf Oracle MRP package
- Optimized and maintained existing visual basic for applications code embedded in database functions.
- Researched documented the database design and structure.
- Altered code and structure to deal with on going deficiencies.
- Conducted extensive SQL code review and re-writing as well as visual basic code review and re-writing.
- Created new forms, queries and functions to support the off the shelf Oracle database and to support new defined database roles.
- Created and modified several reports and queries to support the reports.
- Modified the database security to eliminate back doors and to render the database truly secure.
Walnut Creek, CA: 3/1/1999-4/30/1999
- Converted several MS Access 2.0 and MS Access 95 databases to MS Access 97.
- Adapted and modified existing databases by creating main, switchboard forms and visual basic functions.
- Reviewed SQL queries and visual basic code and ran conversion programs.
- Created some new visual basic functions.
San Francisco, CA: 1/1/1999 to 2/28/1999
- Created a database containing insurance information for policyholders.
- Added VBA code to enter or import new data, edit the data, and print it out.
- Added database security that gave users access to tables and forms according to their classification.
- Wrote Visual Basic code to synchronize the master/detail data from new and re-activated records.
San Jose, CA: 6/1/1998 to 9/30/1998
- Created a MediCal database with over 120 tables, several dozen queries, two dozen or so forms, several dozen macros, and a dozen or so procedures and functions
- Used Extensive Visual Basic for applications extensively to validate input information and to handle the errors found in the input data.
- Santa Clara Family Health Plan
- San Jose, CA: 7/1/1998 to 8/30/1998
- Created Healthy Families MS Access Database. The database included functions and code keys to translate data from an existing format to a new format.
San Jose, CA: 3/1/1998 to 5/30/1998
- Created MS Access database for computer and personnel movement.
- Created a large new “table of everything” that described portions of the Tandem campus.
- Integrated this table into existing database so that movement of personnel and equipment
- Created VBA code and macros to automate equipment and personnel assignment processes.
Arlington, Virginia: 2/28/1997 to 12/30/1997:
- Performed analysis of military systems using modeling, simulation and statistical techniques.
- Used tools such as Unix on Sun Solaris and Excel VBA on PC.
- Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center (AFOTEC)
- Kirtland AFB, New Mexico: 1/1/1994 to 12/30/1996:
- Performed test, evaluation, analysis and reporting on E-3 AWACS Aircraft, FAA Air Traffic Control and Landing System, and F-16 Block 50D Aircraft.
- Created and used databases in Microsoft Access.
- Performed duties of reliability and maintainability engineer. Led failure and data analysis evaluation teams.
- Participated in test concept and design teams.
- Performed statistical analysis on aircraft and aircraft components.
- Reported results and recommendations.
- Created and documented computer based statistical processing and analysis tool and associated graphical user interface using EXCEL VBA macros.