Over twenty years of experience in IT, which spans experience on the mainframe, client server and Web technologies. Several years of experience as project/program manager and technical lead. Expertise in Data Architecture, with over sixteen years in architecture and data warehouse design and development. Interests include Oracle database, SQL and ETL tuning, data modeling, Analytics, HANA and Hadoop. Considerable working experience in the domains of Telecom, Manufacturing, Healthcare and Insurance.
Role : Data Architect
Design and develop data models and ETL for the Enterprise Data Warehouse, for a customer in the Manufacturing domain. Projects included Inventory Valuation using costing models, a project to track POS transactions and Color MDM.
Consultant - Data Architect
- Develop data models for the Enterprise Data Warehouse, on Teradata, for a large customer in health insurance space, to support Affordable Care Act ACA and ICD-10 conversion.
- Design the data model and ETL Scripts and data cleansing scripts, using Oracle SQL, Pl/Sql and Perl, for a Data mart in the Retail marketing space.
- Lead and Architect the project for data migration from Salesforce.com SFDC and Siebel to a consolidated instance of SFDC, also incorporating feeds from MDM. SAP BODS with SFDC Adapter used for migration.
Role : Architect/Manager Business Intelligence BI
- Software : Oracle, UNIX, SUSI Linux, SAP BODS, HANA
- Project Description
- Lead and hands-on in BI projects ETL conversion from Pl/Sql to SAP BODS for a large Telecom provider in the West Indies, including performance tuning in Oracle.
- Lead an offshore team in SAP Crystal Reports development for a software vendor in the Health Insurance space, end-to-end BI implementation for a large software developer using MS SSIS and SAP BO.
- Install, trouble shoot and build competency in SAP HANA, on SUSI Linux.
- Design and build a BI solution for marketing services, including data modeling, dasboards and reports
- using SAP BO and ETL , from Google Analytics, using SAP BODS.
Role : Lead Data Management solutions.
- In the data management solutions group, primarily responsible for building a data migration factory. The factory setup includes creating capacity and tools around the dimensions of People, Processes and Technology. Responsibility also includes managing and delivering data migration projects out of the factory and pre-sales support for data management.
- Developing re-usable components for data migration, specifically for legacy to SAP migration using BODS. Developing accelerators for data migration/DQ improvement from Siebel CRM to Salesforce, using Informatica.
Role : BI Architect and Program Manager
- In the center of excellence, responsible for managing the development of iDecisions, Business Intelligence BI framework for data marts in various domains like Telecom, Banking, Insurance, Retail, Airlines, HealthCare. iDecisions, which is Satyam's IP, is used as an accelerator for building BI solutions. Responsibilty includes,
- Manage and lead development of the framework.
- Co-ordinate with domain experts on functional inputs for business processes and KPIs.
- Review develop Data models reporting templates dashboards, strategic/tactical reports .
- Manage integration with industry standard data models.
- Participate in pre-sales and sales efforts.
- Manage implementations of BI projects using iDecisions.
- For over a year, worked as an Informatica administrator and architect at a large US based manufacturing company, and in the center of excellence for data warehousing, designed solutions using Composite Virtualization server.
Role : Enterprise Data Architect
- Responsible for Enterprise Data Architecture in Sales and Distribution, which includes the subject areas of Order Entry, Finished Goods Warehouse Management, Transportation and Invoicing. End-to-end Responsibility includes the following,
- Manage and lead the development of the enterprise logical model.
- Mentor and manage data modelers, review/develop physical data models for SAP BI and staging and dimensional models in Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Review artifacts - data flow diagram , data model, ETL processes.
- Design ETL processes and front-end reports.
- Analyze, identify gaps in SAP BI business content, model the missing content.
- Resolve issues with Master Data.
- Metadata standards
- Maintain Systems of Record for data entities in O2C.
Role : Senior Consultant
In the Data Warehousing Center of Excellence, Train and mentor data analysts, and manage various data warehousing and ETL projects, related to design and performance improvement in Informatica, COGNOS and Oracle data base. Develop responses to RFPs and help with developing the architecture for various projects.
Role : Senior Consultant
- Lead the design and implementation of the insurance database cache for e-IIV Electronic Insurance Identification and Verification , this system allows a medical facility to search for available insurance benefits. HL7 messages from a medical facility are transformed and stored in the database, before being forwarded to the Clearing House as EDI X12 messages. Responses are similarly stored and forwarded to the medical facility.
- Design and implement database supporting the messaging system for ePharmacy Electronic Pharmacy . This system facilitates the exchange of Claims data, as NCPDP messages over HL7 , between Pharmacies and Insurance Processors.
Role : Project Lead
- Prepare the project plan for migrating and integrating data from the Order Entry System, NX 1.7 to NX 2.0, which also involves extracting and migrating data from the Billing System which is in Sybase. Design and implement the Staging Area, Pl/Sql and TSQL scripts for Data Analysis and Profiling.
- Design Informatica Mappings and Workflows and develop standards for migrating Verizon Online West Systems to the SSP Database.
- Lead and mentor developers and DBAs in SQL, Database design and tuning, for a very large DataWarehouse.
Role : Project Lead
- Lead the design and development of database for the SMS short messaging service games system. This application allows users to play Trivia Games on their SMS enabled cell phones.
- Install and implement Oracle 11i Financials under Solaris with high availability. Work with the Functional Consultants to setup GL, AP, AR and Assets modules. Using Open Interfaces and Pl/Sql, migrate data from legacy systems to Oracle Financials.
Role : Technical Lead
- Manage and lead a team in developing the database and load scripts for a B2B Messaging system, for EDI and XML Messages, in the Utilities Deregulation Market.
- Manage the design and development of data load scripts using Pl/Sql, Python and Java.
Role : Consultant
Project Description :
- Confidential is a very large Data Warehouse for the Engineering Department, to enable strategic planning and forecasting of Engineering Workload. Redesigned this DataWarehouse using Dimensions and STAR shema. Developed PL/SQL and SqlLoad scripts for data extraction and loading ETL . Developed UNIX Shell scripts to schedule data loads.
- Confidential is an OLTP system which is used to record and track maintenance and service operations on locomotives. Implemented Replication between MCS and EDCS databases.
- EDCS Equipment Data Collection System , is a payroll system for the maintenance workshops. Each shop has its own Oracle instance. On this project, modelled the consolidation of the various oracle instances, into one large centralised instance for all shops, implemented this design on HP-UX. Developed scripts to import data into the common instance.
Role : Senior Software Engineer
- Developed and supervised the development of C/DB Library programs and stored procedures, using Sybase and Sybase gateway for CICS, to update the mainframe database VSAM files , with transactions generated in the client server system.
Role : Senior Software Engineer
- As a consultant at John Deere Confidential was involved in the enhancement and maintenance of the inventory and parts distribution systems, using IMSDB/DC, DB2 and COBOL, under MVS.
- As a consultant at HRS Health and Rehab. Services , State of Florida, worked on a large project to automate the public assistance function, using IMS, TELON and COBOL, under MVS.
- Developed a Device Driver, under UNIX, for the UT1553B communications controller.
- Involved in the development of a semiautomatic translator from IMS DB to DB2. This product was developed in C , under UNIX.