Professional SummarySoftware consultant with over a decade of professional software engineering experience seeking challenging projects that involve responsibility for analysis, design, implementation, and testing f software products. Work primarily with Microsoft technologies and web application frameworks. Thrive working on multi-disciplinary teams that require creative problem solving and clear communication to design & implement business solutions. Always seeking to learn new business domains. Successfully guided many software projects from conception to launch.
An iPad application deployed to all Target stores in the United States that integrates with Target supply chain & inventory management systems to provide a customer facing tool that allows online ordering with in store pickup and processes over $10 million in order revenue per week. The project involved the development of a PhoneGap/Cordova iPad app that consisted of a single page web application the development of which involved KnockoutJS, jQuery, HTML, CSS, JSON, and XML.
A web application for marketing the school’s curriculum and encouraging online engagement with potential students that serves as the school’s primary web presence. Receiving over a quarter million unique visits per month, the site was an ASP .NET MVC4 application with a particular focus on scalability and minimizing server side latency. Integration with several internal as well as third party systems was accomplished. Technologies included C#, HTML, CSS, jQuery, XML, & SQL.
Primarily worked on internal web applications used by both sales and support departments. Built tools in a heterogeneous Grovy, JSP, & .NET environment the included ASPX, MVC2, and MVC3 technologies that accessed SQLServer and MySQL databases. The tools aggregated data from a company product and Microsoft CRM allowing sales & support to administer customer applications. Worked across several departments and teams in order to design and implement popular solutions.
Recruited and led the team that designed & implemented the initial Confidential product. The web application integrated Facebook, project management features, along with images & metadata to provide a social media enabled promotional platform for housing contractors & homeowners. Technologies included ASP .NET MVC3, C#, SQLServer, HTML, CSS, jQuery, and the Facebook SDK.
Founder / Principal Software Consultant –
- Design software architecture, data models, and testing strategies for new software products.
- Demonstrated ability to design, build, and launch software for large enterprises and startups.
- Review source code for correctness & completeness.
- Stay abreast of software technology advancements in order to best align technology decisions with client business strategy.
- Lead agile project management efforts based around daily standup meetings, sprints with defined tasks & time frames, and frequent stakeholder communication.
- Perform technical due diligence & intellectual property research and draft findings reports.
- Interview and evaluate talent & vendors for technology projects.
- Communicate reliably & concisely with clients in a broad set of industries including financial services, higher education, insurance, healthcare administration, and legal.
- Served as a delegate on Governor Mark Dayton’s trade mission to China to promote Minnesota innovation and competitiveness as well as strengthen business ties between Minnesota and China.
Software Engineer –Built a data warehouse that aggregated information from transactional system databases. Further processed data warehouse contents and published to a data mart that served as the source of truth for reports consumed by execute level decision makers. Primary technologies used were oracle 10g, PL/SQL, XML, and Linux shell scripts. Developed an ETL process that served a mission critical function for the sales force. Key functionality involved migrating data across Oracle 9i & Oracle 10g databases via PL/SQL scripts. Added features and functionality to project workflow web application that served as the backbone for a service generating over $100 million in annual revenue. Technologies included Java, Servelets, JSP, JUnit, HTML, CSS, and Oracle BPM.
Intrepid Health & Financial
Cofounder / Software Engineer
- Tested system integration with electronic funds transfer service.
- Oversaw regulatory compliance, primarily HIPAA.
- Built a web application for the health insurance industry using Java, MySQL, and a proprietary web application framework.
- Provided customer training and chose to stress customer engagement during training sessions.
- Served as primary technical contact for majority of customer base.