Senior Software Architect, Analyst and Developer with 20 years’ experience in web-based and client/server systems at CMMI level 5 maturity. Technical Lead for large scale systems with an emphasis on process integration. Experienced in configuration management and process integration responsibilities. US citizen; fluent in English, French, and Arabic.
Databases: PL/SQL • Oracle • MS SQL Server • Sybase • MySQL • LINQ
Software: Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project (Project Management) and SharePoint • Rational ClearCase (Configuration Management) • ERWin (Database Modeling)
Process Areas: Configuration Management • CMM / CMMI • Peer Reviews • Process Integration Causal Analysis & Resolution • Decision Analysis & Resolution • Requirement Management • System Design • GUI Design
Senior Software Engineer / Team Lead – Confidential, Troy, MI
Plex is a complete Cloud-Based ERP system servicing over 400 companies worldwide. The system is developed using C# and ASP Classic, with a MS SQL Server database. The application consists of over 7000 screens, and large scale databases. Led the Shipping and Sales/CRM teams. Responsibilities included managing a team of developers, triaging enhancements, estimating effort, designing solutions, performing peer reviews, and implementing code changes on the client side and the database layer.
Software Technical Lead - Confidential , Shelby Twp, MI
Cloud Computing Initiatives
Performing Cloud Computing research for Internal Research & Development efforts. Researching IaaS, PaaS and SaaS standards. Focused on data security (at rest and in motion). Developed several in-house Cloud migration toolkits for PaaS migration evaluation and Cloud transformation data gathering. Toolkits developed using MySQL database, C#, Entity Framework, LINQ.
Inventory Tracking System - ITS
Web-based Inventory Tracking System used by 3000+ users in four Air Force depot systems and comprising 200 screens. Developed in HTML and JSP for the front end, PowerBuilder and EAServer suite of tools for the application tier, and an Oracle 11g database for the back end, with all business rules implemented in Oracle. Led team in 18 releases, all ahead of schedule and on budget. Received Exceptional quality reviews from the Air Force for 3 consecutive years. Works closely with Project Manager in contract additions and modifications, schedules, risk analysis and staffing.
- Performed analysis of legacy COBOL code.
- Developed requirements and conducted formal Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) review with the customer and developed the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Analyzed system requirements, created Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams, and presented high level design artifacts to project stakeholders as a member of the high level design phase.
- Led User Interface Design Sessions (UIDS), created detailed Software Development Folders (SDF), prepared for Critical Design Review (CDR), and presented detailed design documentation at CDR.
- Developed 40% of the system’s screens during the construction phase.
- Extensive PL/SQL experience; developed over 80 Oracle Packages, 240 procedures, 70 views, multiple triggers and database types to implement complex business rules.
- Developed base objects in PowerBuilder and HTML templates.
- Participated in development and review of the Software Test Folders.
- Served as primary customer contact during Dry Run Testing, and Customer Acceptance Testing.
- Functioned as Confidential lead for daily customer Test Review Board (TRB) meetings.
Technical Lead Activities
- Developed standards, naming conventions, and processes for the development team during the construction phase.
- Managed Software Problem Report (SPR) database for team; responsible for SPR assignments.
- Leading bi-weekly internal Software Review Board (SRB).
- Headed the development team in numerous software upgrades; mentored junior developers.
- Participated in data gathering and preparation activities for CMMI level 5 accreditation. Member of accreditation interviews in several process areas.
- Performed all Personal Software Process (PSP) activities on the project in accordance with PSP standards, working with focus groups in Confidential to achieve Team Software Process (TSP).
- Participated in multiple project initiation phases due to contract modifications; developed Software Development Plan, Product Breakdown Structure, Business Process Model, and Work Breakdown Structure.
- Created several development, deployment, and CM procedures and processes for the team.
- Led and participated in numerous peer reviews for design artifacts, code, software test folders, and user manual. Performs peer reviews of 100% of new and modified code during sustainment phase.
- Participated in Defect Prevention Cycles at various milestones of the project life cycle.
Configuration Management Activities
- Functioned as the CM point of contact for the project.
- Managing the sustainment phase of the project.
Back Order Estimated Delivery Date (BOEDD)
Technical lead for the BOEDD system supporting the Supply Management and Analysis Report Tools (SMART) for Wright Paterson Air Force Base. Developed Software Design Document, Interface Design Document and High Level Database Design Document. Managed the construction phase. Responsible for Monthly Status Reports, Weekly Status Reports and Schedule updates. The system leveraged Depot Maintenance data to accurately estimate Back Order delivery dates using SQL Server.
Performed data mapping and gap analysis to align ConWrite data (a contract document preparation software) with the Procurement Data Standard (PDS) XML schema.
Led effort for the web-based Learning Management System (LMS). The system was a winner of Vice President Gore's Hammer award.
Data Retrieval Utility Management System (DRUMS) - client/server application developed in PowerBuilder & Oracle. Involved in Peer Reviews and Configuration management for the project; responsible for weekly builds of the application as a senior project member.
Drinking and Ground Water Information Network (DRINK) - developed in PowerBuilder using PowerBuilder Foundation Class (PFC) Libraries and an Oracle database.
Surface Water Information Management System (SWIMS) - developed in PowerBuilder and Oracle.
Software Developer - Johnson Controls, Inc., Plymouth, MI 1996
Maintained Laboratory Information Management System, a PowerBuilder application with an Oracle database.
Staff Consultant - Confidential , Dearborn, MI
Global 8D - Client/server global problem tracking application, developed in SQLWindows, and Oracle database.
- Designed class hierarchy for application components, wrote database triggers and stored procedures, developed and tested components and screens.
- Conducted JAD sessions, assisted in application and database design, and defined coding and naming standards.
Parole Board Information System - PowerBuilder application with Sybase database used for tracking and scheduling of parole interviews, input and matching of parole votes, and reporting. A local Watcom database was used for field operations.
- Developed screens with PowerBuilder and created stored procedures for scheduling, vote matching, reports, and synchronizing Watcom and Sybase databases.
- Conducted extensive unit and integration testing.
- Prepared and conducted user training sessions.
Visitor Tracking System - PowerBuilder application with Sybase database operating in 40 facilities state-wide.
- Performed screen development and created a PowerBuilder framework.
Technical Support and Assistance
- Provided PowerBuilder mentoring to DOC employees.
Software Consultant - Confidential , Columbus, OH
- Developed multiple PowerBuilder applications for customers such as AEPSC (American Electric Power Service Corporation), Bank One, and Dayton Power and Light.
- Implemented an online electronic trade catalog, accessible on the World Wide Web, for the UN-sponsored North American Trade Point while on assignment at Digital Equipment Corporation.