A ccomplished business professional with more than 15 years of diverse and challenging experience encompassing leadership and team member development, as well as installations, upgrades, troubleshooting, configuration, support and maintenance of applications, hardware, servers and workstations. Experienced in agile software development and release management. Proven aptitude for analyzing and translating complex client requirements and business problems and designing/implementing innovative custom solutions. Engaging with a persuasive leadership style that fuels strong team performances. Resourceful problem - solver. Skilled at determining company and end-user requirements and designing architecture to meet and exceed those requirements. Analytical thinker with exceptional interpersonal, project management, and communication skills. Highly organized with the ability to efficiently manage multiple priorities and resources.
Technical Skill Sets:
Databases and File: Structures
SQL Server (2008, 2005), DB2 for z/OS, VSAM, QSAM, IBM WebSphere MQ : Development Platforms and
Operating Systems: Visual Studio (2010, 2008, 2005), Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Windows Forms, ASP.NET, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SharePoint (2010, 2007), SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, MVC, Windows Presentation Foundation, MS/DOS, Windows (7, Server 2003, Server 2008), CICS, z/OS, MVS
Utilities and Tools: HP LoadRunner, HP WinRunner, HP Quality Center, Worksoft Certify, TSO ISPF, Syncsort, DFSORT, Eazytrieve, File-Aid, Endevor, Spufi, CA-7, XPEDITOR, Connect: Direct, FTP
PROFESSIONAL E XPERIENCE
Macy’s Systems and Technology
Johns Creek, GA
Senior Application Developer
- Researching existing software components and technology, explores design and infrastructure options, and recommends solutions based on customer requirements. Promotes system reuse by using process templates and application layering techniques.
- Estimates time and work effort to build and stabilize systems for new projects, enhancements, and maintenance according to specifications, and builds and manages the project plan/schedule.
- Responsible for the creation of the SQL Server tables, stored procedures, and SSIS packages for the Alteration’s application database. The Alterations application is used to process all POS alterations entered by tailors at all Macy’s and Bloomingdale stores.
- Prepares Alterations application for deployment and works with the operational teams and user advocates to ensure an efficient deployment, rollout, and migration.
Senior Application Developer
- Served as the technical lead for the Confidential Printable Customer Handout (PCH) project. Created three-tier architecture ASP.NET application for Confidential that is accessed through the current Banking Center On-Line application and/or the Interact application. Responsible for the creation of the SQL Server tables, stored procedures, and SSIS packages. The PCH application generates a single PCH PDF file from multiple individual PCH PDFs files. The PCH Selections screen is created dynamically at runtime based upon state, market, and banking center criteria provided by the user. The websites generates an average of 12,000 merged PCHs per day.
Confidential, Columbus, GA
- Performs technical lead duties to support Confidential ’s SmartQuote application. Supports three versions of the SmartQuote application; ASP.NET MVC, WPF, and mobile versions. Helps gather requirements during the design phase and assumes responsibility for project quality and timeliness. Technical lead for unit, integration, and system testing efforts. Assigns code issues to offshore team members, and eventually liaised with the SCM Team to push the application into the production environment;
- Served as the technical lead for the data stewardship rewrite project. The project involved redesigning the end-to-end process from using mainframe and distributed technologies to being total distributed via SSIS packages. The vendors involved with this project were Acxiom, Dunn and Bradstreet, and InfoUSA data;
- Repeatedly earned highly coveted “ Confidential Honors” award for consistently providing superior customer service;
- Designed C# modules that consume SharePoint web services to access various lists. The files created from various SharePoint lists are inputs for mainframe and SSIS processing;
- Maintained security, structure, and overall support of two departmental SharePoint sites;
- Designed and maintained a 2-tier C# ASP.NET application that is used by developers, testers, and trainers to query DB2 databases and tables to find specific customers, policies, groups, and agents;
- Using COBOL, JCL, and NDM, created a dynamic, multi-threaded DB2 refresh process that copies databases from one DB2 sub-system to another. This process also ensures data and referential integrity and reduced processing time from 18 hours to 6 hours;
- Conducted performance and load tests on various high profile applications using HP LoadRunner. Served as subject matter expert for HP LoadRunner testing of service-oriented architecture;
- Trained and developed less experienced developers.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Adjunct Online Instructor
- Use comprehensive knowledge of programming to teach Visual Basic .NET programming undergraduate course, and serve in a consultative capacity as a professional resource.
- Prepare instructional materials, assess student development, and motivates student participation and attendance through challenging discussion threads.