Utilize my software development experience in a challenging .NET software development or mobile application development position.
Tam Nguyen has more than 10 years of experience in software development and project management. She is a key member of the development team at GolfSoftware, leading the conversion of desktop applications to the web and mobile platforms.
Technologies: OOP, ASP.NET, WEB API, web services
Mobile Frameworks: Cordova/PhoneGap, Kendo UI, JQuery Mobile
Database Management Systems: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Access
GIS Technologies: ESRI ArcGIS, Google Map API
.NET/Mobile Application Developer
Confidential, Cary, NCResponsibilities:
Responsible for the development of a suite of online, mobile and desktop applications for golf clubs to manage their golf courses, memberships and tournaments and for players to track their scores and handicap. The applications are built on .NET technologies and mobile frameworks, including WPF, ASP.NET, Entity Framework, PhoneGap and JQuery Mobile. Mrs. Nguyen is also responsible for design, develop and maintain a SQL database to support the entire suite of applications, including tables, views, stored procedures, functions and user accounts.
- Ported the Handicap desktop application to an online application using ASP.NET MVC, Web API, and Telerik web controls. The web application supports online administrative functions and mobile functions for players to enter and view their current handicap, scores, or other information.
- Designed and developed the Easy Entry System using WPF/XAML framework. This touch application, designed for those unfamiliar with computer, are deployed in kiosk configuration at club houses for golf players to post their scores and view golf course information.
- Designed and developed database services; implemented indices and views to improve database performance. As a result, performance on complex reports was improved by up to 30% faster.
- Built a hybrid mobile app for the Apple and Android phones and tablets for the Handicap application using the Cordova/PhoneGap and KendoUI frameworks.
Confidential, Huntington, WV
Provided database administration for all SQL Server and Oracle databases used by the College of Information Technology and Engineering, Confidential, including database administration, maintenance, performance, and troubleshooting.
- Fine - tuned and maintained a large Oracle database to support the train scheduling system for the Appalachian Transportation Institute.
- Created and maintained a GIS database used for watershed system management for the Huntington City, WV.
- Assisted the professor with statistical and regression analyses of GPS data collected from electronic instruments. Updated ArcGIS maps based on the analyzes.
Taught undergrad courses for the computer science department; managed the development of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application used by Confidential.Saigon, Vietnam
- Taught courses on Database Management, Object Oriented Programming, Project Management, and Software Quality Management.
- Managed a development team to develop an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. The system was developed in C# with a large SQL Server 2000 database. Architected and developed database objects and T-SQL stored procedures for the system.
- Led the development of a CRM web-based application for many Vietnamese banks. The system was developed in C# with SQL Server 2000 database.