- Over 13 years of Professional experience in SDLC performing various roles (Solution Architect/Tech Lead / Sr. Application Developer / Subject Matter Expert), involved in developing various kinds of Enterprise Level Distributed / work flow applications which includes Thick / Thin / Smart Client and Server Applications.
- Approximately 9 years of Client/Server, Distributed Enterprise, Design & Implementation of highly scalable OOAD / Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) / Agile methodology based business applications for public sector, Health care, Shipping, Scheduling, Planning and Online insurance using .NET Framework 2.0, 3.5,4.0,4.5.1 (WPF, WCF) XAML with VB.Net, ASP.NET, C#, ADO.NET, XML, XSD, Web Services, MVC 5, Entity Framework 6, Jquery, Knockout, BizTalk2006 and Share Point 2003
- Devised and Architected n - Tier enterprise level applications based on Design Patterns & Practices, Microsoft Application Blocks (MEL - Microsoft Enterprise Library, Data Access, Exception Management and Caching) and software factories (Web Service).
- Designed MVC Database, code first, Model first approach & ORM tool EF v.4.0 - 6.0 (Entity Framework).
- Designed and developed modeling, reports using Cognos 10.2 (Event Studio, Framework manager, Report studio)
- Lead role for installation of CDH3, CDH4, experience with processing Big data/ Hadoop framework.
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop technologies HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Sqoop & Oozie.
- Experience with NoSQL, Hive, Pig & Hue UI for Oozie.Trained in Core java.
- Created & managed Work Items & responsible for configuration and release management using VSS, TFS.
- Worked closely with Business analyst, technical team, stack holders / clients to understand requirements and transform into Functional specifications, WI’s, Technical Specifications, Assist project manager in project coordination/ management, escalate issues, track & resolve blind spots.
- Designed and developed Web Services, Web API 2.0 using .NET, WCF services and web sites using AJAX, JQUERY, Knockout, JQGrid and Infragistics.
- Worked extensively with XML related technologies: XML, XSLT, XSD, DOM, Silverlight, HTML5 and DTD.
- Expertise in database design and data modeling. Created normalized data models using SQL Server 2000/2005 / 2008 R2, Oracle 8,11g, Pervasive 11, PostgreSQL - Greenplum (Aginity work bench 4.0). Reports using SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) and Crystal Reports 8.0, Cognos 10.2.
- Extensive use of SQL server (7.3 /2000 / 2005 / 2008 R2), tuned SQL/ Stored Procedures, Functions, Views and Triggers, activities like Backup, Restore, Import and Export for SQL Server and installation, configuration
- Worked in Share Point Portal Server 2003, web parts development, Created site definitions as well as configuring, deploying features as share point solutions, customized SharePoint sites using Share Point Designer 2007.
- Key role in BizTalk Server production support. Developed BizTalk orchestrations, maps. Experience in setting up BizTalk Server installation and Configuration.
- Experienced in Developing and Deploying BizTalk Schemas, Maps, custom pipeline components, custom functoid’s, custom adapters and Orchestrations, calling Web Services from Orchestrations, exposing Orchestration as Web service for BizTalk 2004/2006 Solutions. Hands on experience in core areas like XML / EDI interfaces and deployment in multi server environment.
- Strong expertise in performance tuning of applications and databases using MDAC, Profiler, Nunit and ANTS
- Interacted with application owners, business managers, key stakeholders for requirements gathering, written functional and Technical specifications
- Led and mentored other developers in day-to-day activities. Guided developers to write effective code.
- Thoroughly test the developed applications using Unit test and performed code reviews to ensure proper coding techniques, standards, and approaches as well as adherence to standards being followed
- Experience with Integrated RFID technology, Raspberry pi with .NET, Mono development & shell programming.
- Knowledge of PIC microcontrollers, program using Microcode Studio, MPLAB, Tested prototypes using Bread boards, GSM/GPRS modem, Barcode Scanners, Finger print Readers & Raspberry pi.
- Willing to learn and adapt to new challenges, has excellent communications skills and strong interpersonal skills, which provide the ability to interact with client, end-users, managers, technical personnel and team members.
Frameworks: .NET Framework 1.1, 2.0, 3.5, 4.0,4.5.1 & Hadoop
Internet / Intranet: ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, ADO.NET, WCF, WPF, AJAX, Infragistics,MVC,Web Api, Amazon web services (Email, Notifications)
Client Server: Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0), ADO, OLE-DB, .NET Win Forms, .NET Windows Services
MVC 5, WebApi, WCF and Remoting and Entity Framework 6.0
XML Technologies: XML, XSD, DTD, DOM, XSL, XSLT, SOAP, WSDL, AJAX, java and JQUERY.
Tools & Applications: Visual Studio (2013,2010, 2008, 2005, 2003, 6.0), Visual Inter Dev, HTML TIDY, Macromedia and Flash Fireworks 8.0,, VSTO (Visual Studio Tools for Office) Microsoft Enterprise Library), Citrix, Windows Media Services (WMS), Media Encoders, ANTS profiler, NUnit and MS Setup & Deployment, MP Lab, Mono development, shell scripting, HDFS, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Hue UI, Oozie and Resharper
Modeling Tools: UML, MS Visio 2003, Erwin
Version Control: Team Foundation Server (TFS), Rational Clear Case, MS Visual Source Safe (VSS), VSTS (Visual Studio Team System), Perforce, TeamCity 7.0
Server Applications: IIS (5.0, 6.0, 7.0), Share Point Portal Server 2003 and BizTalk Server 2006.
RDBMS: MS-SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008R2), SQL Express 2005, Oracle (11g & 7.3, 8), TOAD, Oracle Sql developer 3.2, Pervasive 11, PostgreSQL-Greenplum & MS-Access.
Reporting Tools: IBM Cognos 10.2( Framework manager, Event studio, Query studio, Report studio), SQL Server Reporting Services 2000/ 2005 (SSRS)/ Crystal Reports (7.0 / 8.0)
Operating Systems: Windows Server (7, 2008, 2003, 2000, NT 4.0), Windows XP, 98, 95, Ubuntu, Debian Wheezy and CentOS
Office Automation Tools: MS-Office, Page Maker, Adobe photo shop, Dreamweaver, After Effects and Front Page.
Hardware: RFID Readers, Tags, Barcode scanners, Finger print scanners, GSM / GPRS
Modems, Wi-Fi Access Points
Confidential, Naperville, Illinois
- Involved in designing process flow for individual subscribers, invoices will be generated and load balanced across multiple jobs.
- Worked closely with LOB to define the life cycle of subscribers to be billed.
- With my proven abilities worked with DBA’s in planning stage on how each of the stored procedures is split into .Net methods and stored procedures which can run in multi-threaded environments.
- Developed proof of concept (POC) in multi-level threading environment, SQL transaction based on SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) using Visual Studio 2010, 2013, Entity Framework 6.0, C# and SQL server 2008 R2.
- Developed batch framework using .NET C# to work under multi transaction scopes.
- Developed layers to interact with database using LINQ.
- Implemented Autonomous transaction, loopback logic for all the servers.
- Integrated try catch block logic in all stored procedure
- Raise error logic implementation, return of appropriate error message from all stored procedures.
- Tuned SQL queries, stored procedures to optimize performance.
- Invoked database calls (Stored procedures) using Entity Framework 6.0.
- Developed data layer classes for performing Bulk-Copy/Bulk-Insert.
- Error logging mechanism in .net using NLog.
- Created adhoc reports pull up in Excel from SQL server.
- Developed logic to generate unique global identifiers for each batch and job, entity layers under single data transaction / connection using Entity Framework 6.
- Rollback logic in .net business layer and capture invoice information for further escalation.
- Performance monitoring & tuning using various tools ANTS, Fog light and SQL profilers.
- Point of contact for release management using TFS.
- Timely fashions coordinate with offshore and onshore team members for build’s, defect fixes.
- Maintained TFS tasks, deployment tickets, Build notes and WI’s, played a role as scrum master.
Environment: .Net Frame work 4.0,Visual Studio 2010, 2013, C#, ASP, XML, Entity Framework 6.0 (ORM) LINQ, SQL Server 2008 R2, MEF, Foglight, ANTS & Nlog
Confidential, New York
Lead Software Developer / Consultant Jan-2014 - Jul 2014
- Worked closely with business analysts in gathering requirements, converted in to technical, functional specifications
- With my expertise involved in designing the entire application based on SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) approach. Played a lead role in defining the life cycle of each alert and analyze of data source from various data sources.
- Responsible for Installation / setup of Cognos framework manager, Pervasive.
- Developed proof of concept (POC) application to interact with various data sources such as Greenplum, Oracle and Pervasive
- Applications for client subscriptions, notifications, schedulers, batch processing and work flow for each alert. Implemented new .net features of Task parallel library (TPL), integration of MEF (Managed extensibility framework) for defining rule engine.
- Developed web applications using .NET 2013, MVC 5, Entity Framework 6.0,HTML 5, CSS3, Web API 2, Knockout JS, JQuery, Bootstrap.
- Implemented mechanism of error logging, tracking activities of client using custom logging, Elmah.
- Designed & implemented various entity layers for integrity, bridge to data sources, utility helpers and customized entity layers.
- Actively participated in improving the performance for querying results in every cycle of batch processing.
- Developed web UI using HTML5, Jquery, Ajax, Jquery tabs, Knockout and CSS3.
- Validation controls using Jquery, displayed data in JQGrid.
- Implemented formatters which is configurable from database and drive the notifications, developed libraries such as Core, interfaces, utilities, formatters, business and dal.
- Used Nuget, Ninject’s dependency injection to hold the repositories.
- Created generic web ApI 2.0 in order to extract the results from Green plum.
- Schedulers have been implemented using batch files, Cognos Event studio.
- Designed the IBM data model, subject queries with multi relations. Created packages using IBM Cognos framework manager and published in development environment in order to further work with report studio, event studio and Agent views.
- Defined a workflow in Cognos which extracts the results from web service and push the data to oracle database, notify admin / concern person on status of each schedule.
- Developed Cognos reports using report studio and created multiple agent views which runs on different schedules and notify the clients.
- Coded library for notification services which internally calls AWS (Amazaon web services)
- Consumed (SES & SNS) simple E-mail and simple push Notification services.
- Validations are implemented using Jquery & java script functions on the client side and using data annotations on the server side.
- Designed alert generation engine to distribute the notifications through AWS (Amazon web services) using SES, SNS.
- Performance tuning on oracle, pervasive and Greenplum to achieve fast results. Wrote queries for oracle using linq from database first generated model edmx.
- Implemented npgsql to interact with greenplum database.
- Responsible for configuration management, perforce as source control for development and builds.
- Teamcity for web deployment, x-copy of batch files. Processed cosgnos agent view’s at scheduled interval.
Confidential ., New Jersey
- Installation, configuration of CDH3, CDH4 and open source software’s.
- Analyze & implementation of structured/ unstructured data to be stored in hive / HDFS
- Import jobs using hive from sql server to hive/ HDFS and export data from hive/ HDFS to sql server.
- Load and transform structured, semi structured and unstructured data for data cleansing and processing
- Extensive use of Hive queries to extract controller information.
- Defined the work flow, jobs in Oozie based on frequency.
- Wrote shell scripting and implemented UDF’s.
- Use cases design and worked closely with offshore team members.
- Analyze statistics, logs, configuration and monitor health activities using Cloudera manager.
- Created various table schemas and queries using HIVE / HBASE.
- Creation of design specifications related to mappings and workflows for the team.
- Sql java connector integration with sqoop to interact with sql server database.
- Configure jobs/ workflow Oozie and monitor Hue UI for hive, map reduce.
- responsible for backup of name server and Cloudera Manager databases such as Activity Monitor ,Service Monitor, Report Manager, Host Manager .
- mentored developers in day-to-day activities
- Created WI’s in TFS, created & maintained document versioning.
Environment: Hadoop/ Big data, Sqoop, Hive, CDH3, CDH4, Pig, Hue UI, Oozie, Core Java, Map reduce, HDFS, Ubuntu and Centos, Cloudera manager, VMware workstation 10.0, Shell scripting, SQL server 2008 R2, C#,HTML formatted reports,
Confidential , New Jersey
Tech. Lead / Sr .Net Developer / Core Team Member
- Designed the application to adhere to OOAD pattern & SOA architecture using Agile Modeling practices.
- Played a key role in the entire SDLC of this project starting from analysis to user acceptance test.
- Reviewed and gathered requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution, design functional specifications and system design specifications for client and offshore engagements.
- Guided users in identifying business requirements and communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Major role in writing FSA, HLDU’s, technical specification, functional specifications & test cases.
- Developed applications using ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, ADO.NET, XML, MVC, SQL 2000 / 2005,2008 R2, AJAX, Infragistics, Telerik, WCF, WPF, Silverlight, Share Point 2003 and (MEL 3.1) Enterprise Library & EF - Entity Framework v.4.0 ORM tool to generate entity modes using code first and model approach.
- Developed prototypes, Win forms & web applications using C#, ASP.Net, WCF, VB.Net with Infragistics.
- Developed components, base class libraries, services, Interfaces for this application using .NET assembly component architecture, Remoting base classes in a multi Threaded environment.
- Designed & developed multi-threaded services in order to complete the various business process.
- Developed a highly interactive graphical ASP.NET web based application to monitor entire reefer activities and display exact location using Google maps API, Bing maps to track units.
- Used Win forms, ASP.NET with 3rd party controls such as Infragistics & telerik, designed and coded to present the data to the operator in various forms, charts and grids,
- Used extensively Infragistics controls like UltraLabel, Ultrawingrid, UltraGridExcelExporter, Ultratabbed, Ultrachart controls, Telerik rad controls, designed base Master Pages, Themes, Skins and CSS for a uniform GUI.
- Extensive use of WPF Resource Dictionaries, control Templates, Data Templates, Styles.
- Used WPF controls like Stack Panel, Grid, Table, Flow Document, Canvas, Group Box, Items Control, BlockUIContainer., Implemented.NET 2.0 windows forms controls like Data Grid , DateTimePicker in WPF application using Windows Forms Host control.
- Developed custom controls to enable reusability and used rich graphic controls of WPF (XAML)
- Developed web services (WSDL) for the outer world to exchange data using legacy SOAP & WCF
- Utility functions to calculate CRC, SMS, Export data, Forward Message Wrappers and Registry updates,
- Responsible for testing RS-232 Converters, Adapters, Boosters, Repeaters, Isolators, Accessories and Tech Data
- Coded programs using industry-standard programming techniques by applying Hardware protocols and design patterns like Singleton, Factory & Decorator.
- Performed High level analysis, reviewed technical documents & coordinated with clients and third party vendors.
- Used MS-Visio to develop the class and sequence diagrams
- Responsible for SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008 R2 database modeling, normalization. Wrote and Tuned SQL Stored procedures, Triggers, Indexes, Functions. Optimized and tuned Databases.
- Developed & Implemented business objects and entity layer including the work flow for the entire WAM lifecycle.
- Designed and developed various windows services in multi-threaded environment using C# to perform various tasks and communication using .NET Remoting on TCP / SOAP channel, Entity Framework to database.
- Installed, setup, configured and maintain Report manager and Report Server for SQL Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Developed complex reports using SSRS and customized multi-dimensional HTML.
- Created various entity layers to interact with the RFID Reader, which reads / interact with Tags and transmit data in Hex format.
- Implemented remote Hex / binary formatted forward commands such as alarm clearing, pre-trip start/stop, and set point change to the asset to provide full automation and control of assets.
- ILR Tags / Readers, LAN signal process devices testing and Access points with Wi-Fi devices.
- Wrote various utilities to deal with binary / Hex translations, error logging, construction of binary messages and registry. Responsible for design / translation of binary data / commands to and fro from the reefer to the reader.
- Implemented utilities for Code 39 and EAM 13 barcode standards interact with barcode scanner and generate barcode encoded images, one way Encryption , Hashing mechanism by implementing SHA512Managed algorithm.
- Customized SharePoint content to connect the entire WAM users, various document collaboration using Share Point Templates and provided security.
- Used ANTS profiler, Microsoft application center test tool and SQL profiler for test scenario mapping, testing and defect tracking.
- Using ANTS performed key challenges like actual Source code which was leading problem and assemblies to ensure quality.
- Responsible for configuration management, Release management , versioning using V$$ , TFS & Teamcity 7.0
- Troubleshoot build and release problems, Created deployment packages for test, release teams and production.
- Coordinated with team to discuss on project related action items, requirement clarifications and metrics/status reporting for test design and test execution on a daily/weekly basis
- Prepared & executed Unit Test Cases, Technical Specifications and Functional Specifications.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner, provided 24/7 support.
Technical Leader, senior .Net Developer - Core Team
- Transmitted business requirements for the project, and translated these into functional specifications and detailed test plans.
- Day to day management of change requests in relation to the project plans to ensure agreed deadlines are met.
- Designed and developed .net 2.0 Framework for the project. Deployed a large scale of applications on Web Form capable of running heterogeneous databases. Used ASP.NET, C#, ADO.NET, XML and AJAX technologies.
- Played a Key role in the entire SDLC of this project, design application architecture and data modeling. Gathered Requirements from Stakeholders. Worked with Business Analyst to convert Business Requirements in to Technical Specifications. Wrote Use cases. Configuration Lead for the project.
- Created web 2.0 technology based web site using AJAX ASP.NET 2.0 (Raise Call Back Events) in Car and Motor products.
- Used Singleton, Factory and Decorator design patterns and implemented Microsoft Enterprise Library 2006 (MEL 2.0).
- Responsible for SQL Server 2000 database design. Normalized databases, Wrote and Tuned SQL Stored procedures, Triggers, Created Hints, Indexes and Functions. Optimized and tuned Databases using DBProfiler.
- Actively assist in designing the base classes (Base Page/ Authentication Page/ Anonymous Page) using C# for the project to take advantage of the .Net framework
- Customization of Web Site (NL and Eg) using Satellite Assembly (Resource files) to provide Multi Lingual support. Globalization/Internationalization and localization facility for Netherlands (NL) and English (Eg).
- Experience in creating/assembling custom Web Parts for Search functionality and web part UI elements customizations.
- Creation of Interface using C# with the external (WSDL) Web Service for Middle Layer and Middle Tier deployment in order to get Car and Motor Insurance quotes. Interface to display XML predefined messages incase of errors within application.
- Developed web pages using Visual Studio 2005 took advantage of the latest features like Master Pages (Home/ Agent/ Internal/ Admin), Grid Controls (Datagrid/ GridView) and Generics.
- Designed and developed Multi tier and multi layered scalable workflow application with on screen/Email alters using C# and ASP.NET. Developed web services for process layer using .NET 2.0.
- Responsible for designing and developing (BAL) Business Access Layers, (EL) Entity Layers and (DAL) Data Access Layer component to interact with the database to be used across the application.
- Developed utilities to Generate HTML, Excel and Word Document Reports.
- Implemented in designing (Typed datasets) XSD and Generics in Motor and Car insurance modules.
- Useful utility functions to export data into Comma Separated Values(.CSV) and .text files.
- BizTalk 2006 Installation and Configuration
- Created & maintained small BizTalk 2006 orchestrations. Used Orchestration, Expressions, functoids, Mappers and Ports.
- Customized Share point utilities for maintaining defects and project documents.
- Worked in functional areas like Car (Manual / Automatic) Insurance, Home Insurance, Motor Insurance, Travel (Single / Multi) Insurance.
- Conducted code reviews for the entire project. Responsible for Release Management using (VSS) Visual Source Safe 6.0.
- Maintained Visual source safe repository , internal logger and related documents for defects and enhancements
- Designed the UI more realistic using Flash Fire Works 8.0
- Provide support to team members on a constant basis and responsible for client interaction.
- Responsible for providing appropriate test environments and test programs.
Team Lead / Senior .NET developer
- Onsite to understand and gather the project requirements from the client, analyze business requirements and translate it to function specifications.
- Day to day management of change requests in relation to the project plans to ensure agreed deadlines are met.
- Experienced with agile SDLC methodologies and management of complex Web applications.
- Provided technical leadership to the development team, designed prototypes using Dreamweaver.
- Applied technology to solve business problems, Interacted quite often with managing technical services, offshore team and LOB's.
- Project-based experience in technical design, strategy/visioning and planning, development and deployment.
- Involved in designing the system with a little guidance from Oyster compliances.
- Responsible for one delivery team in an agile software development environment
- Developed/ customized the web applications using ASP.NET, C# and ADO.NET.
- Responsible for design and development of Rule based system (Rule Engine).
- Responsible for logical database design, normalized tables, create Views and Stored procedures.
- Involved in writing the Sub-Queries, managed stored procedures, Joins, Views and Indexing to improve the performance of SQL Server 2000.
- Responsible for setting the guidelines for coding standards, Source Safe policy.
- Responsible for Configuration & Release Managements (VSS) Visual Source Safe 6.0.
- Development in XML/ XSD/ XSLT xml manipulation skills.
- Designed & developed Entity Layer, Middle Layer and Data Access Layers (DAL).
- Responsible for designing Custom Controls using C#, ASP.NET.
- Utilized Master Pages, Shared Assemblies, Satellite Assemblies features introduced by Visual Studio 2005.
- Implemented XMLDOM in Monitoring, GO’s, Actions and Program modules.
- Managed a team of 12 developers. Review / Fix their codes, Help them in develop effective code.
- Developed an Enterprise .NET 1.1 framework for the project.
- Involved in Preparing the Unit Test Cases, Technical Specifications and Functional Specifications.
- Worked in functional areas like Content Management (ERDF & State Aid website), Program Maintenance,Fund Management, Reference Data, Monitor Project, Claims & Payments, User Registration & Authentication, Reports, Query Management, Project Application, Grant & Appraisal.
- Developed complex and cross tabbed HTML reports.
- Perform operational acceptance tests and configuration changes. Interaction with the team on daily basis.
- Handled all the process on day-to-day tasks, assigned Change Requests based on priority based.
- Worked closely with QA team to create and execute operational test plans/scripts/cases.
- Validation and code reviews to check for compliance with Oyster,UK.
Senior Web Developer
- Gathered and drafted user requirement specifications.
- Development of rule based engine, drafted Technical specification, Unit test cases.
- Expertise XML manipulations across the web pages.
- Responsible for daily backups of SQL Server (Production and Testing).
- Developed / Customized the web applications using ASP.NET and ADO.NET
- Played a major role in developing windows based schedulers, deploying the release builds in the server.
- Expertise in release management using Visual Source Safe (VSS 5.0).
- Escalate requirement issues and handle Change Requests, support calls (P1 and P2) using REMEDY tools.
- Data helper, customized log entry mechanism classes for handling customized error descriptions using XML.
- Change the look and feel of the site using third party tools Hot Dog, Dream Weaver and Front Page.