- Proven ability to understand enterprise architecture best practices and influence solution design. A skilled and experienced enterprise architect who well diverse in the Infrastructure domain. Proven ability to capitalize upon technology improvements by leveraging extensive knowledge of IT strategy, roadmaps, architecture engineering operations, and IT governance while successfully implementing and overseeing complex projects. Ability to capitalize upon technology improvements by leveraging extensive knowledge of IT strategy, roadmaps, architecture, engineering operations, and IT governance while successfully implementing and overseeing complex projects often crossing multiple LOB. Outstanding strategist distinguished for proven leadership and team - building skills and excellent conflict resolution abilities. Ability to build, manage and work effectively with technical team(s) in a dynamic, deadline-driven, complex matrix environments often dealing with conflicting and competing priorities. Manage various IT projects small and big ranging from few folks with less than 20K to sixty plus technical resources with more than $10m in budget.
- Define target state strategies and blueprints; develop strategic roadmaps/business cases to transform client’s IT organizations, processes, operating models, architectures and governance capabilities; maintain strong relationship with various business leaders and stakeholders.
- Use of Big Data technology for analysis of system log and APM data, and crafting alternate ETL strategy for Data Warehouse load.
- Control project budgets (internal and external), forecasted need, tracked actuals vs. forecast, outlined risk and advised on mitigation strategies, managed vendors, and resource utilization accordingly.
- Define target state strategies and blueprints; develop strategic roadmaps/business cases to transform client’s IT organizations, processes, operating models, architectures and governance capabilities.
- Design, develop, test, implement, maintain, and support complex components of the mobility systems infrastructure.
- Support Project Planning and estimation processes; work on complex issues - requires in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- Lead pipeline management, bid and proposal followed by large scale client engagements; consistently delivered quality services.
- Conduct status meetings at both the Executive and Team level - delivering knowledge based on audience types.
- Provide oversight for project work ensuring consistency in application of methodology and communications.
- Review existing systems for stability, interoperability, portability, security, and scalability; recommends system improvements, new applications and develops plans to improve service.
- Supervise team of highly skilled IT staff comprised of PM, developers, system engineer, UX designers, DBA and QA staffs.
- Identify major deficiencies in new or existing system designs and recommended solutions based on organization strategy.
- Strategically analyzed the risks, benefits, and opportunities associated with a technology solution; used Pugh Matrix for quantification.
- Architecture, execution, effective delivery of mobile banking application for largest US bank; in half time and one-third cost compared to similar sized project; offered full self-banking capability; currently in use by more than 10 million users in the US.
- Refactored, redesigned Infection Control software, originally written for handful of 20 hospital systems, into a large enterprise grade system capable to support 200+ hospital systems in a period of six months.
- Used REST based technology (HATEOAS) for the first time in use in the leading US bank without sacrificing stringent security protocols and other compliance needs; mobile banking service offered superior service than traditional web.
- Convinced organization by creating an effective prototype of active-active service capability via two metro data centers; upon completion, the service availability would reach 99.99% or higher.
- Simplified security architecture between the leading US bank and its 15+ partners, offering credit card reward points redemption to its consumers; simplification of security, support and infrastructure resulted in a $15M savings per year.
- Offered technical consultation to US #1 online retailer, expanding business to India, on how to keep the balance between user experience and mandatory security validation - prevent fraud and malicious use with loss of business.
- Championed a new technological approach in order to comply with NHSN mandated harm report generation for the hospital.
- Design, implementation and use of APM, BPM, Event processing, and Log monitoring for effective analysis and reporting.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Mobile Resource Management
- Mobile Endpoint Management
- Mobile Backend Services
- Mobile Development tools Business Architecture Enterprise Architecture Information Architecture Technical Reference Architecture EA Governance Disaster Recovery (DR) High Availability (HA) Business Continuity Fault Tolerance & Active-Active Cloud Computing (PaaS
- IaaS) Big Data (Hadoop
- MapR and MongoDB) Business Process Modeling Business Continuity Web Development & Management Capacity Planning Test & Behavior Driven Development Cross-Functional Teams Data Flow & Process Modeling Data Virtualization & Distributed Cache Mobile Banking
- Mobile Payments
- Location-Based-Services (LBS)
- Peer-to-Peer (P2P) payments & Mobile offers Enterprise Architecture Review and Governance Board (ARB) UML - Logical
- Processes & Use Case Strategic Planning Standards - NIST
- PCI and PII Patterns - MVC
- MVVM and MVVC
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
IT Enterprise Architect
- The IT Solutions Architect is responsible for designing, developing, testing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting complex components of the mobility systems infrastructure.
- Responsible for working with Enterprise architects, software and infrastructure teams to formulate a comprehensive Mobile Strategy to meet the business strategy and goals.
- Responsible for ensuring a cohesive mobile technology implementation that caters to the mobile needs of external customers, internal office workers and field workers.
- Evaluates and integrates software and hardware requests. Provide guidance for issue and problem resolution for complex issues in the mobile enterprise space.
- Provides instruction and guidance to less senior members on new tasks and assignments and responsible for leading the technical team in mobile center of excellence (MCoE) and guide the successful completion of major projects impacting multiple business entities and represents the company in external contracts and projects.
Confidential, Torrance, CA
Senior Solution Architect
- Designing and overseeing implementation of end-to-end integrated systems. Document the existing systems architecture and technology portfolio.
- Recommend improvements and/or alternatives Review new and existing systems design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
- Designing and implementing long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining corporate systems and software Ensuring that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Collaborate with end-users, clients, or senior management to define business requirements for complex systems and infrastructure development. Mode systems processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams and data models.
Confidential, Glendale, AZ
Senior Architect Manager
- Improve client engagement, collaborating with middle and senior management on client-facing business and product development and post-sale customer support. Manage budget and resources.
- Leadership, delegation, and ownership of risk; part of leadership team - reporting to the C level executives.
- Hired effective and talented people - architects, project manager, business analysis and developers.
- Championed the use of SOA over direct point-to-point services using standard data model among line of businesses with multiple System of Records (SORs).
- Recommended solution for automated analysis of system log (Big Data) - a combination of system log and APM data through MapR.
- Develop a comprehensive BYOD mobile infrastructure that lets people explore and discover AAA capabilities, services and offerings that would be initially internally focused, targeting both technical and non-technical consulting staff for the Technology practice using XenMobile MDM solution from Citrix.
- Worked on an alternate ETL architecture and solution utilizing MapR (Hadoop) and MongoDB instead of Informatica and Oracle.
- Strong background in Property & Casualty Insurance and associated canonical models - Confidential IAA and ACORD.
- Successfully led the first internal hybrid cloud solution using service virtualization on virtual infrastructure using but not limited to MS TMG, Confidential AIX, UCS, SAN, Oracle on RAC and Exadara, Confidential Data Power - XI50, Cache XC10, Netscaler, EMC Recoverpoint etc.
- Lead new vendor selection process (RFP, NDR etc.) and manage technical relations with existing vendors.
- Participate in metro interconnect between Glendale and Phoenix Datacenters using virtual private pipes from Verizon and CenturyLink.
- Recommend and validate infrastructure solutions designs and non-functional requirements (performance, scalability & resilience).
- Work with business and technology leaders aligning business goals with technology roadmap - defining strategic and technical deliverables following enterprise regulatory and compliance requirements such as but not limited to security, performance, scalability, virtualization, and service availability for both database and application.
- Provide support to the business community as a trusted advisor in their technology decision-making process through simplification and sharing of architecture strategies, reference architectures, components, tools, concepts, and best practices.
- Provide architectural governance to ensure alignment to architectural/technical strategy following industry standards.
- Assure compliance with regulatory and industry guidelines by interpreting applicability of governmental regulations, standards and design criteria to Insurance Business.
- Develop System Architectural Design documentation with formal presentations to the Architecture Review Board (ARB).
- Design and developed Reference Architectures (RA’s) (Oracle Exadata, Active Data Guard, J2EE), in accordance to industry standards in order to achieve superior Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
- Enhance network and security, utilizing strategic planning and implementing technology roadmaps to define technical deliverables and meet all compliance requirements and deadlines.
- Recommend solution option for enterprise log data from heterogeneous systems using 3rd party Big Data tool.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Manager & Specialist Master
- Plan and deliver business and technology strategy for Blue credit card Company, allowing expansion of mobile wallet and P2P money transfer in India offering mobile services such as wallet, POS (NFC), P2P money transfer etc.
- Cultivate custom scorecard for Serve, allowing them to conduct viability for expansion into multiple countries based on proven U.S. business and technology models.
- Work as a consulting architect for #1 US online retailer’s India expansion, advising implementation of one-click purchase options in compliance with Reserve Bank of India (RBI) mandate for multi-factor authentications.
- Develop mobile banking service, via native and web based application, capability benchmark matrix of domestic and foreign banks, serving retail and institutional clients.
- Collaborated with IT senior management and other key stakeholders advising technical aspects of business strategy decisions.
- Architected, designed and delivered internal smart mobile tablet application using Sencha, Visual Studio (C#), ASP.Net and MS SQL Server 2012 - deployed on Window Server 2012 R2 in clustered environment on UCS blade.
- Lead team assignments of large and complex scope, requiring expert technical skills and a comprehensive understanding of business.
- Coordinate all phases of project planning, including use of formal requirement documentation, formal testing methodologies, monitoring techniques and execution and controls with regards to project schedules, budgets and resources.
- Analyze IT project proposals for cost and technology impact to ensure alignment with organizational strategy and business unit objectives
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
VP - Senior Solution Architect
- Pragmatic, results-driven approach to problem solving; demonstrated ability to present multiple technical solutions, assess various options and make decisions with varying levels of information completeness.
- Support multiple cross functional project plans and estimation processes - delivered solution working with three PMs simultaneously.
- Supervise New York trial - a collaborative effort between AMEX and the Bank - offering mobile payment using NFC chip
- Design, develop and deliver strategic architecture on mobile banking, payments, NFC, location-based-services (LBS), peer-to-peer (P2P) payments, offers and check deposit.
- Deliver next generation packaging and deployment (P&D) solution enabling cross channel reuse via in JVM modularity using OSGi.
- Evaluate and integrate COTS products - Check Image processing (Mitek), Check processing (NCR), custom mobile UI (mFoundry), digital coupon (DBG) and targeted offer (Cardlytics) etc.
- Proactively works with the fraud team to assess risk; collaboratively developed risk mitigation strategy.
- Introduce REST-based device agnostic service ( Confidential Data Power - XI50, J2EE, Spring MVC, Apache CFX, WAS, Confidential eXtreme Scale distributed cache) through private hybrid Cloud architecture, offering higher throughput following security mandates (FDIC, OCC, BSA, OFAC etc.)
- Lead a groups of 60+ technical folks, comprised of PMs, developers, system engineer, UX designers, DBA and QA - geographically spread out in USA (major 3 time zones) and India, in a fast paced team environment with frequent changes.
- Enable mobile security architecture covering wide range of issues such as XML injection, DoS and DDoS prevention.
- Deliver single-sign-on solution among BoA, AT&T and others to create seamless shopping experience for end user
- In collaboration with Confidential and CA, created a custom AAA solution securing REST calls using SiteMinder service.
- Collaborate with mobile application development vendor, mFoundry, to create custom mobile banking applications for all major OS such as iOS (phone & pad), Android (phone & tablet), BlackBerry, Windows 8 (phone, tablet & web).
- Shape service strategy using customized MDM solution from Confidential, associating and remembering customer device(s).
- Spearhead BoA-Merrill Lynch credit card rewards consolidation, resulting in $15M savings per year.
- Achieve BPM and SOA service augmentation in collaboration with fellow architects from various other departments.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Owned and maintain a high performing team comprise of FTEs and contractors; with budgeting and hiring responsibilities.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to team members on behaviors and technical skills to ensure delivery of value to the organization.
- Participate in, and simultaneously contributed to, multiple work streams, including planning, logistics, communication, and follow-up across a diverse and virtual team.
- Develop product following full life cycle - from inception till warranty phase after product development and deployment
- Oversee and redesigned proprietary infection control and pharmacy intervention product used by more than 250 national hospital chains; achieved 200+ percent growth in two years through project management, development and performance tuning.
- Manage applications development lifecycle processes (SDLC) following Agile methodology
- Enhance real-time Complex Event Processing (CEP) to support NHSN data submission following HL7.
- Refine, validate, and prioritize business/functional requirements.
- Re-architect company’s infection control and pharmacy intervention product (J2EE, Flex, PureMVC, JBoss, BlazeDS).
- Sustain 200% growth in two years through large-scale development projects, systems conversions, and performance tuning.
- Work with business, IT groups and vendors to estimate hardware, software and labor costs.
- Automat web based harm report submission to National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) - 1st in the nation.
- Introduce collaborative work using Pub/Sub technology allowing multiple users to act on a shared task list.
- Completely automate code elevation processes - achieving accuracy, efficiency, and tractability to unprecedented levels.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Senior Information System Engineer
- Create internal client-server and business components.
- Written scripts using UNIX utilizes such as shell, awk, sed etc. to automate business process.
- Development of Vanguard web using Java in Web Sphere IDE for all Vanguard clients
- Develop internal client desktop using VC++ and VB on MS Visual Studio.
Confidential, ROCHESTER, MN
- Develop firmware to identify the hardware configuration of Confidential Netfinity (Wintel) servers.
- Develop GUI Tools on UNIX system (x window) using Tcl/Tk script.
- Fix and updated faulty AS/400 kernel floating point algorithm to support JAVA numeric type.
- Develop and perform trouble shooting for various AS/400 kernel (SLIC: System License Internal Code)
Confidential, Louisville, KY
Asst. System Engineer
- Collaborate with Confidential members defining engagements and developed project plans and work programs, timelines, risk assessments, and other planning documents.
- Develop data discovery tool and helped business to identify potential saving avenues.
- Increase the efficiency of Confidential business process by upgrading database, from Oracle 7.2 to Oracle 8.0.
- Analyze migration risks of operating system upgrade from HP-UNIX (10.1) to HP-UNIX (11.0)