- 8 years of experience as a DevOps / Build and Release Engineer in automating, building, deploying, managing as Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Release of code from one environment to another environment.
- Experience in using version controller tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT, Perforce, ClearCase.
- Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Created SCM Process, policies, procedures and Release Notes to follow Development and allow QA teams to Release or Deploy highest quality product for the enterprise
- Skilled at Software development life cycle (SDLC) and Agile programming methods
- Experience in software build tools like Apache Maven, Apache Ant to write pom.xml and build.xml respectively.
- Created documents on build and release process and flow, release processes, order of activities for all releases, build script maintenance, user guide for developers for local builds.
- Experienced in Infrastructure automation tools Puppet, Chef.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre - written modules from puppet-forge. Upgradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Using Puppet Enterprise to Manage Application configurations and utilizing BASH Scripts and Right scale to do initial server provisioning, and puppet to deploy and update applications including Apache, Tomcat, MySQL and other Proprietary applications.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins and Puppet for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and Deployments.
- Experience in cloud computing servers like Amazon Web Services (AWS) and IaaS.
- Experience in Code quality tool SonarQube.
- Expertise in scripting for automation, and monitoring using Ruby.
- Deep understanding of Layer 7 protocols like HTTP, DHCP, DNS, and SSL/TLS.
- Knowledge on defect tracking tools JIRA.
- Experienced in deploying through web application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS , Apache Tomcat Servers.
- Experience in working on Linux operating systems such as CentOS, Red Hat, Ubuntu .
- Good critical thinking and a decent cooperative person with solid interpersonal and relational abilities. Maintain effective communication with different teams.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as MY SQL and SQL Server by using PL/SQL for data integrity. Ability to work intimately with groups, so as to guarantee high caliber and auspicious conveyance of assembles and discharges.
- Closely worked with Developers and Analysts to address venture necessities. Ready to viably oversee time and organize different ventures.
- Self-propelled, brisk learner assumes autonomous liability to contribute and collaboration.
- Involved Releases, creating delivery notes and coordinating releases in different environment Dev, Staging, UAT, and Prod.
- Expertise in troubleshooting the build and deployment issues in different environments.
Operating System: Windows, UNIX, Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, MS Build
Continuous Integration tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo
Version Control Tools: Subversion, CVS, GIT, Bit Bucket
Bug Tracking tools: JIRA
Web/ Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, AWS, WebSphere, WebLogic
Programming Languages: Python, Shell scripting
DEVOPS Tools: Chef, Puppet
Cloud Environment: AWS, IaaS
SCM Tools: Subversion, GIT, TFS
SDLC: Agile, SCRUM Methodologies, Waterfall
Repository Manager Tools : Nexus
Code Quality Tools : SonarQube,
Databases : My SQL, PL/SQL
Confidential, Rancho Cordova, CA
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment
- Daily monitoring on the production alerts in production and responding to them.
- Creating tickets on Jira on different issues and working for the same.
- Works on production release and deployment activities
- Works on AWS cloud computing for creating instances, Elastic Beanstalk applications, VPC etc.
- Creating bash/shell script for automation activities.
- Troubleshooting the issues faced during Jenkins build and failures.
- Creating, adding and modifying the user and their permissions in Jenkins, AWS console, AWS bridge, Sonar etc.
- Worked on puppet as a server configuration tool.
- Created puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Batch, Shell, Perl script etc.
- Work with different team members for automation of Release components.
- Used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Export and import of Dynamo DB tables through S3 buckets.
- Created a Disaster recovery region in different zone and launched the application.
Environment: Git, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, PUPPET, TC Server, WebSphere Application Server, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, Windows 7, Oracle, JIRA.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
DevOps / Build and Release Engineer
- Working with DevOps team on areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Developed build and deploy scripts using Ant, Python and UNIX for various products to be hosted on Application Servers.
- Troubleshooting the issues arose during Build and Deployment.
- Organizing and coordinating Product Releases, work closely with product development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Bash scripts
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using Chef.
- Implementing Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server’s template minimal.
- Installed Puppet Master, Puppet agents, written puppet modules for apache, database setup, create user, group accounts.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Managed and optimize the Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins.
- Installed, Configured, Administer Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Automated Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration tool.
- Writing ANT and Maven scripts to automate the build process.
- Providing ANT build script for building and deploying the application.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Providing stable build environments for product development.
- Implemented and Enhanced the Existing Scripts which are developed in Shell and SQL.
- Responsible for maintaining the reporting, billing, and invoicing databases
- Branching, Merging, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT.
- Developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Configures Sonar and integrated with Jenkins for code analysis process.
- Member of the Technical Design team, Build and Release Module for Development of new products.
- Automated the cloud Deployments using Chef, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Provided UNIX scripts for deploying and building the system.
- Document release metrics, software configuration process.
Environment: Java, Shell, SQL, Eclipse, GIT, Tomcat, Apache, Jenkins, Python, Ruby Chef, JIRA, Maven, Artifactory, AWS, Ruby, Chef, Puppet.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management and procedures.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Designed and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Implemented &maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion
- Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Worked closely with developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failures.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Automatedthebuildandreleasemanagementprocessincludingmonitoringchangesbetween releases.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Web logic.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups, reports and queries.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise Server.
- Documented project’s software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Developed, maintained and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Kept track of all their leases and request of the developers through Infrastructure management tool.
- Created views and appropriate meta-data, performed merge sand executed builds on a pool of dedicated build machines.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
Environment: Subversion, GIT, Anthill pro, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, LINUX, XML, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Web logic, MY SQL, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts.
DevOps / Build & Release Engineer
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories and the access control strategies.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects.
- Implemented & maintained the Branching and Build/Release strategies utilizing Subversion(SVN).
- Worked on Administration, maintenance and support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) servers.
- Used Ant and Maven as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool.
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, Custom Puppet Modules and Ruby.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Lead and assisted with the scoping, sequencing, planning, and creating GIT environments.
- Developed procedures to unify, streamline and automate application development.
- Involved in implementing Workflows, Components, Screens and Notification schemes in Jira Project setup.
- Deployed the Java applications into Apache Tomcat Application Servers.
- Experience in writing Maven pom.xml and Ant build.xml for build scripts.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups.
- Utilized WAR and JAR files for deployment of enterprise apps.
- Provided assistance for management of AWS storage infrastructure systems.
- Managed Nexus Maven repositories to download the artifacts during the build.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for Web Logic web application servers.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Developed, Maintained, and Distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Skilled to write, debug maintain scripts in Shell, Perl etc.
- Build artifacts are deployed into Tomcat instances which were integrated using the Perl and Shell scripts.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Prepared JUnit test cases and executed server configurations.
- Supported and developed tools for Integration, Automated Testing and Release Management.
- Used Anthill Pro as Continuous Integration (CI) server.
- Responsible for User Management, Administration, Group Management, Slave Management, new job setup in Jenkins.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 5.0, SVN, GIT, ANT, Jenkins, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Shell, Perl, Puppet, Nexus, AWS, Ec2, Junit, Jira, SQL.
Systems Engineer / Admin
- Build and support the environments consisting Testing, Development and Production.
- Written Ant scripts to automate build process
- Setup and configured Hudson, created Jobs for automating build and deploy activities.
- Extensively worked with Version Control System tool SVN.
- Created users, groups, repositories, branches, tags in SVN.
- Resolving different Users request.
- Installed and configured Tomcat and involved in deployment activities.
- Installation of third party tools using packages.
- Worked portal for triggering builds and releasing them to stakeholders by understanding the pain points of Developers and QA engineers.
- Maintained the FTP server in which the builds were copied.
- Worked on establishing a streamlined release process for the development team from scratch.
- Created release notes based on the contents of builds and publish build artifacts to the stakeholders.
- Continuous Integration: implemented and promoted use of Jenkins within the developer community. Validated Jenkins along with Bamboo.
- Developed scripts for executing validation/test cases automatically after builds.
- Managed central repositories, Implemented Atlassian Stash along with SVN to host SVN central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and login audits for Security Compliance. Developed and maintained in-house Code review system before migrating to the lightweight code review system available in Stash.
- Designed and implemented the backup strategy for all the critical systems such as build machines, bug tracking tools, central repositories etc.
Environment: Tomcat, Apache, Jenkins, Python, Ruby, JIRA, Maven, Artifactory, SVN, Ubuntu, Windows.