- Interesting application development work on VB/C#.Net projects with high quality standards.
- I have broad experience in developing applications for a variety of businesses.
- I have over twelve years experience with various versions of Microsoft Visual Basic and ten of those years was with .NET. My experience with .NET began with the beta versions and has included all subsequent versions.
- I have experience in all aspects of the development process beginning with needs analysis, system design, development, testing, implementation and ongoing customer support.
- Most of the applications I have developed I have been responsible for the entire development process.
- I work well with end users and l other stake holders in the applications I have developed
- Access (2.0 - 2010)
- ADO, ADO.NET, OLE, ODBC
- CSLA Framework (1.0 - 3.5)
- Visual Studio.NET (2002 - 2010)
- C#(2008 - 2010)
- Visual Basic (3.0 - 2010)
- InstallShield 2008
- MS Office (4.3 - 2010)
- MS SourceSafe Source Control
- Subversion Source Control
- SourceGear Vault Source Control
- MS Workflow 4.0
- Nunit unit testing application
- Razor SQL Tool
- SQL Server (6.5 - 2008)
- Vista Database(2008)
- Visual Basic for Applications
- XtraReports for .Net (6.3)
- Web Services.
- This company manufactures a variety of technical instruments that in corporate micro- processors that use Windows CE.
- They have supporting desk top applications that upload and download data from the devices to both configure the devices and produce a variety of reports.
- The project I was on was a project to update features for both an instrument and the associated desk top application.
- My responsibility was to assist in defining the requirements and develop the code for implementing the new features on the desk top application.
- The desktop application used serial and TCP/IP protocols to communicate with the device.
- The c# was the development language. Much of the effort involved reverse engineering current applications for existing logic for some of the requirements of the new features.
- These applications used in depth object oriented design. I also produced design documents for the new features that the project team relied on for defining the requirements in detail.
- I was able to code the bulk of the logic for the new features within a short period.
- To do this required the ability to be a very fast learner as I had no experience with this environment and the only source of information I had was existing code.
- The knowledge required included information about the instruments and the related firmware, intimate knowledge of the existing application, and a working knowledge of four international clean room standards.
- This company is a mailing company that provides bulk mailing services to its clients. It also provides a variety of related services as well.
- The operation I supported provided mass Email, Fax, document printing and envelope insertion services for its client.
- The data was received in electronic form and then transformed from a variety of formats into xml data that was stored into a SQL database on a MS SQLServer.
- The data was then processed via one or more of the distribution services and the results were then stored in a client portal.
- I was a member of a team that was building the enterprise system for handling the receipt, transformation, and processing of the client data.
- The system was based on the use of MS Workflow 4.0. I was responsible for developing, testing and implementing a variety of providers used in the workflows and for developing workflows for specific client jobs.
- The development language was c#. We used Visual Studio 2010 for the development environment, SQLServer 2008 for the database service and Subversion for source control.
- This department at Confidential is the department that purchases mortgages from other lending institutions packages them and the resells them on the market.
- The operations process involves reviewing all of the documentation for all of the loans purchased to validate the quality of the loans to determine whether each is worthy of purchase or not.
- The systems of records are two different mainframe systems that have text base user interfaces and are not very user friendly.
- To solve this problem a PC based system was developed as the user interface for the operations staff to dramatically improve the productivity of the operations staff.
- This application interfaces with the mainframes via Attachmate terminal emulation APIs.
- Most of the data captured by this application is stored in SQL Server 2005 databases.
- My work is to support this application by doing maintenance work and developing new features.
- The development tools include Visual Studio 2008, Visual SourceSafe, and SQLServer 2005.
- Data access also use SQL access to the AS 400 system and Web Services from their mainframe.
- I am also responsible for developing new applications including a change request application and an issues logging system for QA testing.
- Both of these systems are developed using object oriented programming principles and use the business class framework CSLA 2.1.4. The development language used is VB.Net 2005.
- These new applications represent the introduction of object oriented programming principles to this IT operation.
- Besides functioning as a developer I am also a mentor regarding OOP and best practices in this development group.
- RCIS is the country’s largest crop insurance processor. This contract was to develop a new feature in the desktop application that RCIS provides to the insurance agencies that represent them.
- It is the principal information tool used by the agencies for processing the crop insurance policies.
- In addition to being a new feature for the desktop application this project was one of the first projects to utilize the agile development methodology at RCIS.
- RCIS is in the process of migrating from a classic waterfall methodology to the agile development methodology.
- It was a small project and I was one of two developers on the project.
- RCIS had developed a business class framework based on the popular CSLA framework. As I was experienced with CSLA and the other developer who was an employee of RCIS did not have this experience I was the one principally responsible for developing the business classes for this project.
- RCIS developed in VB and used Visual Studio 2005. The source control tool was SourceSafe and the build process utilized Cruise Control. Also being introduced to the RCIS methodology was Nunit a freeware application utilized for unit testing. In addition to the business class code and UI code I wrote I also wrote over 280 unit tests for the new feature.
- The data base used for this application was a DB2 database on an AS 400. This application was also designed to run on a Citrix server that utilized a SQLserver. There were two phases for this project and I was the only developer on the second phase of the project. Both phases were completed and released on schedule.
- Confidential provides custom software development for enterprise organizations.
- This contract was to provide software development services for a startup company that was a new client for Confidential .
- The startup company was developing a web browser plug-in product to enhance a user’s web search experience.
- My primary responsibility was for the building of the application and the creation of the deployment application. I was also responsible for writing support Windows services application and I also worked on the web crawler project. Our application employed the use of the Cassini web server and web services in addition to the browser plug-in.
- The tools I used in the development project included Visual Studio 2008, C# 2008, Subversion source control, InstallShield 2008 deployment software, SQL Server 2005, and Vista database.
- The database access was implemented via a web service. I was also responsible for setting up virtual machines for testing our application and the installation package.
- The development team succeeded in building the prototype application for the startup company to be used in the solicitation of investors.
- This was a project to develop a system for the paint industry for the manufacturing of paints. I was the principal developer on this project. I worked with the project leader sharing some development responsibilities with him. This position was a 100 percent telecommuting position. I did all of my work remotely.
- The application was developed in VB.NET 2005 using SQL Server 2005 as the database. We used an object framework called CSLA for this application. The tools used include Visual Studio, CodeSmith, and Vault from SourceGear as the version control system. Vault uses an interface that is virtually identical to Visual SourceSafe but uses a SQL Server database for storage and supports remote access via the Internet. The object framework uses SQL stored procedures for data access. This project started out with VB.NET 2003 and SQL Server 2000 and I converted it to VB.NET 2005 and SQL Server 2005.
- The application is a Window Forms application using user friendly GUI design. It employs an object oriented design for the business classes using the CSLA framework for the base classes.
- I was primarily responsible for designing and developing the business classes and the implementation of the CSLA framework. I was also responsible for the development of the deployment package and the development of the SQL Server stored procedures.
- For deployment I developed a bootstrapper program that optionally installs SQL Server Express and the application.
- It creates the initial data base and installs the application using the Windows installer file created in a Visual Studio setup project.
- The data base creation utilizes Server Management Objects (SMO) for much of the database creation function.
- I also implemented a third party software licensing function into the application with sophisticated licensing and copy protection features.
- I was the lead developer on a project to replace an outdated DOS Fox Pro system for order entry and inventory management with a completely redesigned Windows based system written in Visual Basic.
- Net. The company is a direct marketing company that uses mail and the internet for the direct marketing media.
- We have had a team of three developers on this project. I used a business object framework known as Component-based, Scalable, Logical Architecture (CSLA) developed by Rockford Lhotka of Magenic
- Technologies and a code generation tool called CodeSmith developed by Confidential .
- CSLA is a business object framework that provides standardized support for many typical business object functions.
- The application is an order fulfillment system that includes order entry, order fulfillment, purchasing, returns, direct mailing, and reporting sub systems.
- There is also a web site that is part of this application. The database we used was SQL server 2000.
- I was responsible for the analysis, design, and development on this project.
- This is a project to develop a system for the paint industry for the manufacturing of paints. I am functioning as the architect and development mentor for the development staff and as one of the developers. The system uses object oriented development technology.
- The lead developer started this project having been out of the software development industry for over ten years. I was hired to give them direction and support to select the development environment and to provide mentoring to the lead developer so that he could develop this application to be marketed in the paint and chemical industry.
- I recommended Visual Basic.Net 2003 as the development language, SQL server 2000 as the database, and CSLA as the business object framework.
- The lead developer had never developed in the Windows environment but with my assistance they are now using this application at their site nearing beta test with this application in five sites and the response to the application has been very positive.
- I developed an application in Visual Basic.NET for a medical clinic application.
- The database for this project was SqlServer 2000.
- The application is for medical clinics and is used by physicians to document patient’s visits and manage patient prescriptions and maintain a history of medications.
- I was responsible for the design and development of this application.
- This application is designed to save many hours of follow up by doctors with pharmacies and patients to clarify both prescriptions and instructions for the use of medications.
- I designed and developed an order entry/inventory control system for oil distributors in Visual Basic.NET.
- This system originally written in Access includes manufacturing, order entry, inventory and purchase order modules.
- I moved the data from an Access database to MS SqlServer. I simplified the system design by using the object-oriented capabilities of VB.NET and the .NET system libraries.
- Increased system performance by moving much of the work into SQL stored procedures.
- Sped up cross process performance by using ADO.NET's new disconnected dataset architecture.
- Used business objects to make the system more reliable and easier to maintain.
- Technologies include SQLserver, Visual Basic.NET, ADO.NET, Access XP, Excel and Outlook.
- Confidential implemented an EAI system based on Tibco technologies Rendezvous messaging and InConcert workflow. I developed an order management application used by account consultants to process orders imported from a web based order entry site. It provided them with complete order information, order flow tracking support, and transparent messaging capability via Outlook and office automation. It dramatically improved efficiency and accuracy over their previous Excel based system.
- I developed an order change management tool as an extension to the automated workflow system implemented with Tibco InConcert and Rendezvous. It provided the account consultants access to complete order information with one tool and enabled them to create and process change orders otherwise not possible with the EAI system. It simplified the process for making changes to orders that were in process making changes more efficient and accurate. It significantly reduced the time account consultants had to spend on change orders.
- I developed a tool to monitor and report on the performance of the automated workflow system. It provided a series of reporting and data extraction functions that could be scheduled to run automatically in and unattended mode. It also had a distribution function that would distribute the reports and data extraction to subscriber via Outlook. The reports were generated by Access or by Excel via office automation. They could be distributed as Word documents, Excel documents, HTML documents or as text files.
- These reports were the responsibility of the team that monitored the newly implemented EAI system. This tool saved them many hours a day and allowed them to work more useful tasks. The graphs and reports enabled managers to identify weak points in the system and to implement fixes.
- Data extractions enable other departments to identify problems with their subsystems and undertake corrections to them. As a result of the time saved by the tool and the information made available to pinpoint system problems the support team was able to get the system running to the guaranteed uptime standard.
- Technologies include Visual Basic 6.0, Access 97, MS Office automation with Outlook, Excel and Word; ADO, ODBC and Oracle 8i.
- I developed a tool in Access to load all of the files of a major Visual Basic application to locate the areas of the application needing Y2k fixes. The application included over 65,000 lines of code and the tool made it possible to quickly locate areas of code involving date functions. As a result I was able to make all of the Y2k fixes ahead of schedule.
- I developed several major upgrades to the Visual Basic application after the Y2K fixes.
- The biggest revision was to implement an unattended mode of operation for the TSO file downloads. I developed a scheduling module that allowed the user to specify download requests that would be run automatically at the scheduled time.
- This unattended mode had to be able to manage the login security including the requirement by the host system to change passwords from time to time.
- This enhancement proved to be a popular improvement to the system for two reasons.
- First, without the unattended mode users would have to spend time every day to make a series of selections to get the files they wanted downloaded. Once the selections were made they had to wait for the download to complete.
- With the unattended mode they only had to make the selections once as they were maintained in the system and because of the scheduler they could schedule the download to occur early in the morning and have the data available when they arrived at work.
- Technologies included Access 97, Access 2.0, Visual Basic 3.0, Win API, Attachmate Extra API, and Excel.
- I planned and oversaw a headquarters wide implementation of a Microsoft network and implemented Microsoft Office for all users.
- I improved office efficiency and communication by standardizing on desktop tools like Word and Excel.
- I improved office communications by implementing email. Improved collections on denied claims by developing a system to track and manage denied claims.
- I improved efficiency of company process auditors by developing a system for auditors that provided audit check lists for reviews and automated the required reports and letters resulting from the audit.
- Improved process of managing customer contracts by developing a contract management application that maintained contract terms and produced notifications of critical contract dates.
- Provided expert advice on behalf of the client in their requirements definitions and negotiations with their billing software supplier on a project to upgrade the billing software from a DOS base application to a Windows based application.
- I reduced the time to produce monthly statements by developing an application to calculate expected receivables from billing information and formulas based on agreements with payers.
- Technologies included Access 97, Excel, Visual Basic for Applications, Microsoft Office, Windows NT 4.0.