- An accomplished .NET developer, SQL Server DBA, pre - sales Architect, and Windows engineer with project management and leadership experience.
- Hands-on experience in a large enterprise with thousands of hosted servers and hypervisors for Confidential clients.
- A strong record of promotion looking for more leadership responsibility.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
Principal Automation Architect - Engineering
- Team .NET and Powershell SME
- Architect and develop workflow code in HP Operations Orchestration (HPOO) for various automation workflows used to automate cloud build and incident management automation. Build OS platforms include RHEL 6 and 7, CentOS 6 and 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, and Window Server 2012 R2.
- Architect and develop build code for the Verizon managed cloud platform and various internal tools. Code platforms include Python, .NET, MS-SQL, MySQL, PowerShell, and bash shell.
- Develop and maintain Python modules for use in Salt.
- Work with other architects to break down features provided by project management into software architecture. Convert the architecture into stories and tasks to be worked by development teams.
- Perform code QA for offshore development teams and ensure that internal coding standards and best practices are observed.
- Manage source control for installation packages in GitLab and perform branch merges and code deployment.
- Work with internal domain experts for management systems (AD, backups, anti-virus, patch installation, etc.) to ensure that build components match the lifecycle of the systems in the environment.
- Manage lifecycle and changes for automation infrastructure.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Designed and built source control system and procedures for scripted components. Migrated development staff to new process.
- Built process for tracking work for hosting build in Jira using Kanban and mapped to source control systems.
- Designed and implemented CI/CD workflow using HPOO, GitLab, and Docker to perform regular builds and code deployment.
- Designed and built REST service on ASP.NET WebAPI for NetIQ agent configuration.
Principal Solutions Architect
- Design custom cloud hosting solutions that fall outside of the standard Verizon product set.
- Work with customers and sales engineers to gather requirements and design cloud solutions.
- Serve as a technology subject matter expert in for Sales Engineers when crafting communications to clients.
- Manage design and approval lifecycle for custom components of cloud and hosting pre-sales.
- Manage design and approval lifecycle for complex changes for existing cloud and hosting clients.
- Work with Operations, Implementations, Systems Engineering, and Product Management management and engineering staff to design the terms and conditions of support.
- Work with Product Management, Operations, Engineering, and Implementations to develop processes for streamlining common requests and product lifecycle.
- Develop bill of materials and solutions documentation for the Implementations team.
- Custom Engineering team subject matter expert for RDMS solutions including SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, and also programming/automation, API, and Cisco UCS.
- Other technologies include EMC, NetApp, Cisco networking and UCS, HP ProLiant servers, Oracle Sun server, VMWare, Windows, RedHat, and Solaris.
- Built and documented several processes and architectures to streamline common requests for customized monitoring and ESX on Cisco UCS.
- Designed and documented platform standards for UCS ESXi 5.x configurations.
- Built ETL and reporting solution for ticketing system in C# 4.5, SQL 2008 R2, and SSRS.
- Built .NET SDK in C# 4.5 for Confidential Compute REST API.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
Senior Engineer - IT
- Lead engineer for the Enterprise Systems Management project. Accountable for implementation of MS System Center Configuration Manager 2007, Operations Manager 2007, Service Manager 2012, and Orchestrator 2012.
- Responsible for management, engineering, and development of Service Manager and Orchestrator.
- Developed applications and application design for IT tools and systems.
- Architected and managed the expansion of the IT SQL cluster.
- Designed the SQL database schema for the IT Platform Standards application.
- Deployed agents for SCOM and SCCM.
- Coordinated the System Center project from planning to rollout.
- Developed disk maintenance application in Powershell 2.0.
Confidential, Beltsville, MD
- Define and manage the processes and systems used to manage the software development life cycle for three US based developers and five India based developers.
- Develop project plans, requirements documents, and architecture for multi-developer systems.
- Serve as project manager for multi-developer systems and chair weekly development team meetings.
- Develop tools and scripts for three managed hosting environments.
- Represent the development arm of the IT Tools Engineering team in cross departmental initiatives.
- Assist in developer staff hiring.
- Provide tier three support custom developed tools after they transition from development to production.
- Developed processes for managing the software development life cycle and integrated with supporting IT systems.
- Delivered a monitoring configuration portal system. This is a three tiered system developed in PHP, Perl, Powershell, and MySQL. The system interfaces with HP OpsWare, HP Openview, and SCOM 2007.
- Delivered three major releases of a SharePoint site provisioning system built to customer specifications. The system is built on C# 3.5.1 and uses the MOSS 2007 .NET API.
- Serve as tier three escalation for Windows server and application escalations.
- Develop and execute complex change plans for customer and internal systems.
- Assist in new product development.
- Develop training for junior staff and provide mentoring.
- Serve as MS SQL Server and .NET subject matter expert for tier two and three groups.
- Work with vendors on operations and engineering issues.
- Develop custom tools and scripts to support the Confidential group.
- Manage patch and software deployment in the Windows enterprise.
- Provide state of the farm data and analysis to assist in enterprise decision making.
- Developed automated ticket creation portal to allow the customer support staff to more quickly submit trouble tickets while meeting Confidential business requirements. The system is built on C# 2.0, ASP.NET, ASP.NET web services, and SQL 2005. The system has been through three major versions over five years.
- Co-developed an automated ticket remediation system to automate incident management. Over the lifetime of the system developed change management capabilities to provide automated, scheduled patch deployment. The system is built on C# 2.0, ASP.NET, ASP.NET web services, Perl, SQL 2005, and MySQL. The system has been through four major versions over seven years.
- Co-developed a software deployment management portal. The system provides a calendar based UI to schedule patch deployment and track project progress. I developed the scheduling capability, the business layer, and the storage. The system is built on ASP.NET, C# 2.0, and SQL 2005.
- Developed an SQL Server performance evaluation product. I developed the process to capture performance metrics, evaluate those metrics, and developed an automated report.
- I was senior Windows engineer on-site during the opening of the London data center. I installed the infrastructure, assisted in staff hiring, and developed and implemented staff training. This required overseas assignment for eight months.
- Co-lead of Y2K remediation for 1200 Windows servers in San Jose and Beltsville. I developed custom patch deployment scripting and co-managed to process of patch deployment.
- Company representative to Microsoft SQL 2005 management software user Alpha program in Redmond .
Internet Systems Administrator
- Provide tier two support to Windows systems.
- Build servers from boxed parts to finished systems.
- Assist in support of NetBackup system.
- Provide tier one support to Windows and Sun/Solaris systems.
- Serve as a single point of contact for high end customers.
- Manage customer needs and represent them within the company.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Organize and run meetings and location conferences.
- Coordinate with State and Federal staff to facilitate communication.
- Provide original content for the ECOS magazine.
- Assist the Director of Research with grant and project management as required.