- Information Systems professional with over 16 years of experience, encompassing design, development, enhancements, testing and production support. Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing a variety of development tools and technologies such as; C/C++, PowerBuilder (v 3.0 - 12.5), SharePoint (v 03-13 ), C#, ASP.Net, MVC, WPF, WCF, Silverlight, ESRI (ArcGIS), J2EE and SQL Application development to include transaction with the following enterprise databases; MS SQL Server, ORACLE and SYBASE. Experienced in developing data products for multiple platforms and architectures; from Windows NT, Windows Server, XP, Windows 7, UNIX and linux within CLIENT SERVER / N-Tier, Object Oriented, SOA, Sandboxed and Virtualized environments.
- Experienced in ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS RELATING to PETROLEUM and NATURAL GAS PIPELINE TRANSPORATION, OIL/GAS CONTRACTS, MASS TRANSIT TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT, FINANCIAL, CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT, WAREHOUSE and INVENTORY MANAGEMENT, REAL ESTATE/MORTGAGE, FILM/TV PRODUCTION, REPORTING, INTRANET and WEB based INFORMATION SYSYEMS.
- Proficient in all phases of Project Life Cycle; Design, Development, Enhancements, Maintenance, Production Support, Quality Control, Application Management and Project Leadership.
- Strong written, interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Expertise in departmental requirements gathering, detailed documentation authoring, writing functional design papers and establishing initial guidelines for budgets.
- Experienced in providing technical support for high-end user base enterprise applications.
- Strengths include project development, training and evaluation, budget preparation, public relations, including acquisition, cost estimating, bidding, and staff recruitment.
PROGRAMING LANGUAGES and RDBMS: C, C++, C#, SharePoint ( 03-13 ), ASP.Net, WPF, MVC, WCF, PowerBuilder (3.0-12.5), Java 1.2-SE6, Java Script, AJAX, HTML, XAML, XSLT, SQL-DBMS SQL Svr. (7-12r2), Oracle (7-11g), Sybase ASE (9-12). OS Windows, Linux, UNIX. CMS MS-TFS, IBM-Rational Clear Case, PVCS and CVS.
BUSINESS SOFTWARE: MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, VISIO, Adobe CS (Dreamweaver, Photo Shop, Illustrator) and various Web development and design tools.
Confidential, Houston, TX
.Net application’s Developer/Analyst
- Consultation, Design, development, testing and customization of Windows 7 desktop application utilizing Visual studio, C#, WPF, WCF, REST and .Net 4 managed API’s to communicate with Windows Azure platform transacting on Sql Server 2008r2 back-end which resides on Windows Small Business Server 2011 Std. OS.
- In addition to development of Windows 8 application utilizing, Windows Azure, cloud based, virtualization technologies, ASP.Net 4.5 and MVC 4 mobile application business solution for Hospice (Home Health Care) Side of Business.
- Duties include requirements gathering, research, documentation and implementations of HIPPA, and other required Health Care, secure data compliance and governance standards and practices. UI, server side, Intranet, Cloud based and database application development for the following: Physician services, Medical Social services, Nursing services, Medical Supply and Inventory Management, Purchasing, Staff time keeping, Physical Therapy services, Occupational Therapy services, as well as interface to Billing and Accounting system and Disaster Recovery.
- Implemented and customized SharePoint Foundation 2010 for delivering pre-configured internal company website for internal document sharing and information access.
Confidential, Houston, TX
SharePoint Consultant/Content Specialist
- As SharePoint Content Specialist for The Confidential, my primary responsibilities were working directly with the internal business groups as a SharePoint Consultant to identify and address specific S harePoint development needs and to design and develop efficient and practical solutions for content management, meta data navigation, document labeling policies, data access and presentation, collaboration, versioning, social networking and branding for business entities within the company as well as some external business partnered groups.
- I met daily and directly with business groups Management, BA’s and other high level end users to assess needs, gather requirements, analyze specific content its meta data properties and characteristics, presentation styles, data access and privileges, requirements options.
- Once essential requirements were gathered, I then had to work directly with Content Management and Application Services groups to review Compliance with Governance Standards for approval for development of business solutions exposing content for business unit’s SharePoint; Team Sites, Community Sites, custom Home and Landing pages, custom Portal, Publishing Sites and pages.
- SharePoint custom web-parts development, branding, styling and editing of master pages, business intelligence, and SSRS reporting; Used SharePoint Designer where necessary for out of the box browser based custom lists, libraries, announcements, alerts, blogs, RSS feeds and subscriptions, wiki pages, custom SharePoint, InfoPath forms and Workflows, business connectivity services, metrics, external data connectivity and presentation styling, in addition to consulting and collaboration with .net development team to implement custom code modifications using (VS 2010) C# and SharePoint designer for CSS styling and customization of layout templates design and development, some additional utilization of xml, xslt, java script and html coding.
- Also integrated SQL server 08r2, SSRS services into SharePoint 2010 integrated mode utilizing application pages within SharePoint and reporting services add-in.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Sr. Developer/Analyst /Tech Writer
- Sr. Developer /Systems Analyst on Confidential ’s Offshore Assets Consolidation Project. As a member of the (PMO) development team I was primarily responsible for downstream commercial suite of natural gas transportation applications with respect to legacy PowerBuilder, .Net/C#/ASP and SQL downstream application interfaces to include measurement, operations, storage and reporting.
- Duties consisted of design, modifications, performance enhancements and optimization development for the segregation and separation of Confidential ’s Offshore Assets business from the mainland ANR Pipeline transportation business.
- In addition to my technical participation I also was responsible for authoring technical system documentation as well as to design development of business user documents for infrastructure and business application process and end user training.
- Responsibilities also included administration and content management of (PMO) development and infrastructure teams’ “Offshore Assets” project, SharePoint Team Site’s; development, collaboration, SCR, document management, SSRS reports and documentation repository.
Confidential, Germantown, MD
SharePoint Developer/Consultant/SP (Office) 07 & SP 2010 Svr. Farm Admin
- As lead SharePoint developer/admin my duties consists of upgrading and transitioning from the older versioned SharePoint Farms; Web applications, Sites collections and sites to be compatible with newly implemented SharePoint 2010 Object Models, which is required in order to operate on the most recent Windows Server 08r2 64bit platform.
- Duties include conversion and modification of SharePoint Server, SharePoint Services 3.0, Data Bases, Active Directories, Team Sites, Document Content Management and customizing site templates using lists; Custom lists, external lists, calendar, contacts, announcements, issue tracking and project tasks, into newly implemented SharePoint 2010 Sandboxed solutions.
- Core development is accomplished using Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 with code behind in C#, in addition to SharePoint Designer 2010 where needed.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
Interim Core-Lead/Sr. Developer/Analyst
- As interim core lead, my primary responsibilities were to examine, analyze, trouble shoot and resolve programmatically core-source code issues as they related to individual customer products, while also managing and maintaining the “Core products” source “code base” known as the “TRUNK”, preserving it’s generic, homogenous and non property specific environment as the applications enhancements, upgrades, maintenance and bug fixes were incorporated therein. In addition to, I was responsible for the integration of the aforementioned modifications into new consecutive numbered build releases for the core and customer product to be made available for customers respectively.
- Other tasks to include the business of preparing and providing detailed reports as well as meeting and reporting directly to TMS Engineering Manager and Software Engineering Director to update status of enhancements, upgrades, bug fixes and merges to and from core code base as they related to scheduled build releases and or patches.
- ACS’s Transportation Management Solution (TMS) “OrbCAD” is a globally used fully customizable Mass Transit Management System, supporting everything from Metro Bus Companies, Light Rail systems, as well as various Para-transit, DOT, Municipalities, supervisory and emergency vehicles with scheduling, global positioning tracking, revenue and passenger accounting in addition to detailed reporting. OrbCAD is a highly scalable and customizable application enabling “Mass Transit Companies” and companies with fleet vehicles to utilize the core products functionality while allowing for the addition and integration of new features, enhancements and upgrades as the companies requirements and needs grow.
- A variety software development solutions and technologies are utilized to develop and maintain OrbCAD and AVL, such as; ArcGIS: (ArcView 3-9), ESRI’s (GIS) product for the (AVL), C and C++ for most business logic and processing, PowerBuilder for the front end GUI and Data Base presentation layer, Visual Basic for the importing and exporting of schedule data,
- .Net and C# with respect to re-writes and with SharePoint for (TMS) development team and department collaboration, meeting workspace reporting, documentation authoring and knowledge sharing, MS SQL Server 05-08 and Oracle 10g for transacting on the back-end in addition to SSRS, Crystal Reports and Impromptu Reports for management and executive level detailed reporting.
- Also worked on the (TMS) Internationalization, .Net conversion using C#, WPF, Silverlight and ArcGIS/ArcView 9.0 transacting on SQL server 2008R2.
Confidential, Houston, TX
SharePoint Developer/Admin/ Systems/Analyst
- Migrated SharePoint 2003 corporate intranet to MOSS 2007 medium server farm employing parallel installs. Set up extranet for clients using forms based authentication.
- Implemented and configured SharePoint 2007 Intranet for document management and collaboration.
- Developed collaboration and digital asset management system based on SharePoint 2003, Windows Workflow Foundation, and SQL Reporting Services. In addition to was also responsible for SharePoint Portal Server 2003, SharePoint Team Services Installation, configuration, customization, site templates, site definitions, metadata, content management, collaboration, Custom Web Parts and Reports.
- Duties consisted of working on conversion of PowerBuilder 10.5, C/C++, ArcGIS, Client- server / n’ Tier application to; C#, ASP.Net 3.5, Framework; using (MSVS 05/08 IDE), Primary duties include front-end GUI interface development, middle-tier business logic as well as development and modification of backend processes; i.e., stored procedures and triggers and batch processes on managed and server side environments; in both standalone and XAML Browser-based Applications using WPF (System. windows), WinForms (System.Windows.Forms) and WebForms, thin-client applications with ASP.Net 3.5 and AJAX, transacting on SQL Server 2005 back-ends.
- Please see more detailed description and system overview of (TMS) application below from previous employment with Confidential Tech.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- As part of the Confidential downstream development team my responsibilities consisted of development, maintenance, enhancements and heavy production support for Confidential ’s primary Gas Transportation Systems. Confidential /Passkey - One of two of Confidential ’s primary transportation systems comprised of both upstream and downstream functionality, i.e., bidding, tariffs, nominations, contracts, volume allocation, storage, billing, business scheduling and reporting.
- Duties consisted of heavy production support for widely used pipeline transportation system supporting both internal and external business users, systems maintenance and enhancements using PowerBuilder 6.5/8.0 and C++/MSVS 6.0 transacting on MS SQL Svr. 2000 and Oracle 9i back-ends on NT and Windows Svr. Performed data fixes, modified stored procedures, shell and batch file scripting for upstream and downstream business processing and reporting. Also worked with (Trading) business group maintaining and fixing financial reports issues for passkey’s Crystal and Impromptu financial statements and reports in addition to SharePoint application development for work group Collaboration, Content Management, Portal, Search, BPM and BI development.
- Also involved in conversion, implementation and testing of Passkey transition from applet based distribution to application based Citrix application deployment. The (Passkey - EPTS) consist of MS SQL Server 2000 and Oracle 9i database tables, 100’s of stored procedures, Versata / Vision- Jade, Middle-ware business objects, Java classes, Corba object request brokering, C/C++ processes and PowerBuilder (PFC) front end user interface windows and report screens. Also, was responsible for downstream Production AppWorx Job scheduling as well as upstream with regard to production support in addition to maintaining and managing Confidential /VAS - UA Downstream AppWorx environment keeping environment in sync with production.
- In addition, also worked on the conversion implementation and was involved briefly with upstream re-writes conversion from aforementioned “Passkey” architecture i.e., PowerBuilder UI, C++ business logic, and java applet for web based usage to managed C#, ASP.Net, ADO.Net transaction on a SQL Server back-end. ANR/Gems - Duties included production support, data fixes, maintenance and enhancements for GEMS (downstream) transportation business processing.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- My primary duties consisted of maintenance, support and enhancements for the Maintenance Tracking System (MTS).
- The (MTS) manages and maintains records for equipment. This system runs on both PDA devices and Desktops.
- The PDA is synced with the Desktop through a Bluetooth wireless interface, wrote software for the PDA to automatically sync with the PB Desktop application.
- The (MTS) consist of 75 Oracle 9i database tables converted from a Sybase 12 back-end, 30 stored procedures, 33 C/C++ processes, approximately 60 PowerBuilder main and lookup windows.
- I was also involved in converting the Maintenance Tracking System to VB.Net. Wrote several window services utilizing VB.Net to read information from the database and send email message based on the data retrieved. Also involved with writing SMS messages code to send and received SMS message on the PDA device.
- Application development for Smart-phones utilizing J2ME. This application writes GPS/SMS messages to workstations.
- The purpose of the Transportation Management System was to manage transit vehicles for Metro Para-transit, supervisory, fleet vehicles and independent bus company.
- Primary duties consisted of maintenance, support and enhancement for the Transportation Management System.
- Gathered system requirements and wrote several functional detail design papers for new functionality, in addition to producing functional and technical documentation for developers and end-user training.
- Wrote several multi-threaded C processes to implement key features in the Transportation Management System.
- I developed “PALM” app using C++ and Code Warrior to display vehicle schedule and route information. The PALM is a wireless application that downloads information from the network to the handheld PDA device which utilized Bluetooth wireless technology to keep Palm and desktop Intranet application in sync. Coded application changes using Visual C++, PowerBuilder 8, with SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Wrote additional database stored procedures and triggers. I employed for tracking of vehicles and creating map files. Wrote several functions for maintaining maps and tracking of vehicles using (AVL), Avenue Language scripting).
- Developed collaboration and digital asset management system based on SharePoint 2003, and SQL Reporting Services. Installed and configured SharePoint in multiple environments (development, staging and production) and migrated SharePoint sites from test server to production.