SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Over 8+ years of IT experience in design, development and implementation of Java, Web based applications with Object Oriented Technologies.
- Years of experience in developing applications using Struts, JSF, Spring and Hibernate ORM frameworks.
- Comprehensive experience in Design, Architecture, Development and Implementation of Enterprise level Web based Projects.
- Experience in working with various Integrated Development Environments including Eclipse, IBM WSAD, Netbeans, RAD7 and JDeveloper.
- Expertise in developing and deploying applications in IBM Web Sphere, BEA WebLogic, Apache web server on Windows and UNIX platforms
- Implemented various Architectural & design patterns like MVC/MVC-Model 2, Command, Session Façade, Singleton, Front Controller, Data Access Object, Composite view, View helper, Business Delegate, Dispatcher view patterns etc.
- Extensive IT experience in building web and enterprise applications in various domains like Logistics, Finance, Insurance, Telecom and Health domains.
- Strong Object Oriented Design and Analysis (OOAD) and Unified Modeling Language (UML) skills.
- Solid front-end developer with experience in various UI technologies including AJAX, CSS, HTML, XSLT, XSL
- Good experience on version control and management tools like CVS, VSS, Subversion, Rational Clear Case, Mercurial Repository.
- Well versed in Relational Database Design/Development with Database Mapping, PL/SQL Queries, Stored Procedures and Packages using Oracle 9i/8i, SQL-Server 2000, DB2 and MySQLDatabases
- Experience in using testing tools JUnit for application integration testing and unit testing.
- Excellent programming, bug fixing, problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Experience with Version Control and Source Code Management Tools including Rational Clear Case, CVS, Subversion, Maven, Synergy, and ANT.
- Strong experience in Log4J.
- Better Understanding of SOA concepts and implementation using Webservices.
Sun Certified Java Professional (SCJP 1.5) for the Java 2 Platform 1.5
Confidential, Providence, RI March 2010 – Till date
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
- Involved in analysis, design and development of e-bill payment system as well as account transfer system and developed specs that include Use Cases, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Activity Diagrams.
- Involved in designing the user interfaces using JSPs.
- Developed custom tags, JSTL to support custom User Interfaces.
- Developed the application using Struts Framework that leverages Model View Layer (MVC) architecture.
- Used WSAD for writing code for JSP, Servlets, and Struts.
- Implemented persistence layer using Hibernate that use the POJOs to represent the persistence database tables. These POJOs are serialized Java Classes that would not have the business processes.
- Used SPRING framework to support Hibernate tool and Struts.
- Implemented the application using the concrete principles laid down by several design patterns such as MVC, Business Delegate, Session Facade, Service Locator, Data Access Object, Singleton and Factory.
- Used Java Messaging Services (JMS) for reliable and asynchronous exchange of important information such as payment status report.
- Developed JUnit test cases for all the developed modules.
- Used CVS for version control across common source code used by developers.
- Used XML Web Services using SOAP to transfer the amount to transfer application that is remote and global to different financial institutions.
- Used XML parser APIs such as JAXP (SAX) and JAXB in the web service\'s request response data marshalling as well as unmarshalling process.
- Used Log4J to capture the log that includes runtime exceptions.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP 2.0, Struts 2.0, EJB 2.0, JMS, JNDI, Oracle, DHTML XML, DOM, SAX, Rationale Rose, UNIX, Hibernate 2.0, spring, LOG4J, CVS
Confidential, Virginia Beach, VA Jan 2009 – Feb 2010
Sr. J2EE Developer
The system was designed to be an integrated solution that provides business value globally and apply new automation which gives competitive advantage to Dollar General. The CMS system provides solutions to business-critical operations in the Sales, Client Relations and Finance departments to manage their day-to-day needs. Furthermore, the system automates and simplifies many business processes, which in turn, is both a time and cost-saving measure. The CMS system provides the infrastructure to perform contract initiation, contract management, charge back reconciliation.
- Implemented View layer of MVC architecture using JSF components.
- Used Facelets compelling features like Templating , Custom logic tags and Expression functions.
- Responsible for fetching the data using IBatis ORM framework and presenting the data to the web user interface and preparing various web components for rendering the data on the JSP page as aData Grid with paging and sorting features and populating the form controls with the data.
- Involved in the development of CRUD (Create, Update and Delete) functionality for various administrative system related tables and product components.
- Used different types of design patterns like Delegate, Service, DAO, and DTO for better architecture.
- Responsible for writing Stored Procedures in ORACLE for processing the data at database level and sending the data to the business layer for processing
- Preparing Test logs, defect summaries, status reports and defect analyses.
- Involved in the JMS Programming for reading and writing the messages form Queues.
- Involved in unit testing using JUnit Testing framework.
- Source code version controlling using SVN.
- Installing and Configuring Eclipse and Websphere application Server.
- Webspher application Servers were installed in clustered mode to balance the load in case of increased traffic and fail-over.
- Eclipse TPTP plug-in was used for profiling and performance testing.
- Performed Integration testing and supported system in production.
Confidential., Philadelphia, PA Jan 2008 - Dec 2008
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
The Case Review System is envisioned to provide an automated and efficient method for recording case validations and error types, while also providing Parish, Regional, and State managers with timely reports of necessary case validation data and error trends.
- Participated in project planning sessions with business analysts and team members to analyze business IT Requirements and translated business requirements into working model.
- Used Agile software development methodology which helps to develop project plans
- Involved in Initial designing and creating Use case diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and class diagrams using the MS Visio Tool.
- Involved in developing applications using Java, J2EE and Struts
- Designed and developed user interfaces using JSP, HTML and CSS.
- Developed ActionForm classes, Form beans, Action Classes using Struts.
- Hibernate is used to persist the objects in the Database.
- Implemented MVC, DAO J2EE design patterns as a part of application development.
- Developed DAOs interfaces for hibernate to interact with the database.
Confidential, Sterling, VA Oct 2006 – Dec 2007
The NPAC originally was established to support enhanced routing capabilities required to facilitate Local Number Portability (LNP), which was mandated by the FCC to enhance local telephone service competition. Later, after the FCC mandated number pooling to extend the life of North America\'s 10-digit telephone number address schema, the NPAC and number portability made possible the implementation of national number pooling.
- Worked as POC for on-shore coordination.
- Developed the whole framework based on J2ee, Springs MVC architecture.
- Managed Build & release for J2ee Applications based on ITIL framework.
- Developed web services in J2ee.
- Developed CSS file for UI Design.
- Developed installation utilities for J2ee Web-based applications.
- Provide administrative and technical support and installation of software patches, trouble-shoot problems, and performance tuning.
- Worked on Application Build, Release and configuration and migrations.
- Converting Java Classes to executable files(.exe) using the open source build tools.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of code branching in support of software development efforts.
- Configuring and sustain monitoring tools. Implement the SCM, Automated Testing, and Automated Metrics across the enterprise.
- Developed XSLT files for transforming the XML response from the web service into HTML as per the business requirements
- Developed the Persistence Layer using Hibernate.
- Used Business Delegate, Singleton, Front Controller, Factory and DAO design patterns
- Used JAVA Mail API, and implemented an automated functionality to generate e-mails to the manager whenever an user registers for the application
- Co-ordinated very closely with the test team in designing all the test cases and possible scenarios for the intra module WebService calls.
- Used SOAP UI client extensively in monitoring the up to date changes for the WSDL and documented the test results.
- Used DOM Parser to parse the XML response from webservices.
- Implemented logger for debugging using Log4j
- Used JDBC for connectivity to Oracle for real time tables
- Developed few stored procedures, triggers and sequences.
- Wrote CRON Jobs and shell scripts to schedule the daily reports
- Involved in performance tuning of application and environment for optimized performance during month end load using JProbe.
- Served in the Production support team, on a rotational on call support.
- Used CVS as version management tool
- Used ANT for building the EAR file
Confidential Mar 2004 – Aug 2006
Automation of Recruitment process involves automation process of acquiring staffing requirements from its clients and resumes from consultants. This project is to build a system that caters to the needs of any recruiting company in bridging its customers. This tool provides with facility to maintain all data of the client’s requirements and the resumes of the consultants and also aids in submitting resumes of the consultants to clients based o the client’s requirements. This tool also provides facility to maintain the status of each and every consultant and requirement of the clients.
- Design and development of JDBC module to read and write data from Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Configured web application behavior using Tomcat on Windows platform
- Extensive use of TOAD and PL/SQL.
- Designed the Business layer for new functionalities.
- Fixed defects raised by testing team.
- Participated in code reviews and ensured compliance with standards.
- Developed ANT script for compiling and deployment.
Environment: Java, JDBC, Servlets, Tomcat, Oracle, Eclipse, VSS and Windows 2K.
- Bachelors in computer science,