- More than Six (6) years of experience as a Java/J2EE developer in the areas of Analysis, Design, Development, Coding, Implementation and Testing of web based and client server multi-tier applications
- Excellent experience in full life cycle application development using Java EE 5, Java SE 6, Servlets 2.x, SPRING 3.0/2.5, JDBC, JSP , Java Scripts , EJB 3.0/2.0, XML, XSLT, UML, STRUTS 2.0, Oracle 10g, DB2 , MS SQL SERVER, HIBERNATE 3.2/3.0/2.5.
- Strong experience in end user requirements gathering, analysis, designing and developing applications using Rational Rose, RUP, TOMCAT, Weblogic 10.0/8.1, Web sphere 7/6
- Experience in working with Agile SCRUM Methodology.
- Extensively utilized the features provided by Struts and Spring framework in various projects for MVC architecture.
- Development, testing and deployment experience of enterprise applications on Windows & UNIX platforms through IDE’s such as Eclipse/MyEclipse, WSAD/RAD.
- Exposure to Service Oriented Architecture including Universal Description and Discovery Integration (UDDI) lookups, Web Services Description Language (WSDL) using SOAP protocol, XML, JAXP, SAX and DOM.
- Proficient in persistence framework like Hibernate ORM, iBATIS Data Mapper, JPA.
- Performed unit testing using JUnit, integration and deployment of applications done using tools ANT and Maven & debugging through log4j.
- Experience in Development and Maintenance of enterprise applications using J2EE, JSP, Servlets, Struts.
- Experience in providing Production Support for Java/J2EE applications.
- Expertise in Development of web-based applications in Java, J2EE (Servlets, JSP, EJB, JDBC, JNDI and JMS), REST and Restful Web Services, SOAP, Axis2, Spring 3.0/2.5, Hibernate 3.0, JPA, XML, XSL, XSLT, CSS; Application servers (Websphere, JBOSS, Tomcat and Oracle Weblogic); Strong OOA/OOD concepts.
- Good experience with XML, XML Parsers & Web Services.
- Experience with unit testing using Junit and knowledge of ANT and Log4j tools.
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD) using a various unit testing framework such as JUnit
- Experience in batch programming.
- Worked on full cycle development from conceptualization to programming and deployment.
- Experience in developing PL/SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Experience with Multithreading.
- Able to work with little or no supervision. Good communication and time management skills.
Internet Technologies: Java EE 5.0, Java (JDBC 2.0, Java Beans, RMI), J2EE (EJB
Frameworks/ORM tools: Spring 3.0/2.5, Struts 2.0, Hibernate 3.0/3.2/2.5
App Servers/ Middleware: WebSphere 7.0/6.1, Tomcat 6.0, Weblogic 10/9/8, JBoss
IDE / Programming Tools: Eclipse 3.6/3.5/2.5, JBuilder X, SQL Navigator, PL/SQL Developer
Operating System: Unix, Linux, Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7
Database/Tools: JDBC, Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SQL Server 7.0, MySQL
Libraries and Tools: Ant, Maven, Jasper Reports,
Version Control: SVN, Win CVS 1.3, VSS 6.0, Rational Clearcase.
Functional Domain: Financial, Banking, Retail, Healthcare, Insurance
Confidential,Hartford, CT Aug 2011– Till date Java J2EE Developer
Order fulfillment Application
Aetna is one of the nation’s leaders in health care, dental, pharmacy and disability insurance. Aetna puts information and helpful resources to work for its members to help them make better informed decisions about their health care. This is the core application on which Aetna does its specialty pharmacy business. This application is used by pharmacy team for online order, refill and delivery of drugs.
This application provided complete management tools for daily activities like search for different products in various ways, ordering prescription drugs, place an order for products and maintain pharmacy supply intact. It also provided shipping details, tracking information and status updates in real time.
- Involved in study of User Requirement Specification.
- Actively participated in the daily scrum meetings to produce quality deliverables within time..
- Information and helped clearing ambiguity in requirements document.
- Worked with Agile SCRUM Methodology.
- Developed Web services to allow communication between the applications
using Rest and SOAP based Webservices.
- Designed, Developed and analyzed the front-end and back-end using JSP, Servlets
and Spring 3.0.
- Integrated Spring (Dependency Injection) among different layers of an application.
- Used Spring framework for dependency injection, transaction management.
- Used Spring MVC framework controllers for Controllers part of the MVC
- Implemented Business Logic using POJO’s and used Websphere 7.0 to deploy the applications
- Used Java Persistence API (JPA) through Hibernate
- Used Eclipse as IDE for development of the application.
- Assisted Oracle DB development team in developing stored procedures and designing the
- Used SVN for version control
- Created rich client using Ajax to pull the data from database.
- Interacted with Business Analysts to come up with better implementation designs for the
- Design and Development of Client side scripts using JAVA, JSP, and Java Script, Apache
Confidential,Columbus, OH Aug 2010 – July 2011
Transaction Details System /Access Online
The purpose of this project is to allow users to quickly and easily obtain about the recent transactions of the customer and Banking Centers. The user is presented with different search categories by account number, Customer name search, Organizational Hierarchy, Operator Name Search, Operator ID search and Subtype Search. Once the search complete then users can download the records in excel format or html. Search results by using region, branch etc for daily transaction, hourly transactions etc.
- Responsible and active in the analysis, definition, design, implementation and deployment of full software development life-cycle (SDLC) of the project.
- Involved in Analysis, Design and Implementation/translation of Business User requirements.
- Actively participated in the daily SCRUM meetings to produce quality deliverables within time.
- Involved in multi-tiered J2EE design utilizing Spring Inversion of Control (IOC) architecture and Hibernate.
- System built using Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture. Implemented the application using the concrete principles laid down by several design patterns such as Composite View, Session Façade, Business Delegate, Bean Factory, Singleton, Data Access Object, and Service Locator.
- Developed Web services to allow communication between application through SOAP over HTTP using Apache Axis2
- Designed and implemented application using JSP, Spring MVC, Struts, JNDI, Spring IOC, Spring Annotations, Spring AOP, Spring Transactions, Hibernate, JDBC, SQL, ANT, JMS, Oracle and Websphere app server 7.0, JBoss.
- Used Spring Framework for Dependency injection and integrated with the EJB 3.0 using annotations.
- Used SVN as a version control tool.
- Used Weblogic Application Server
- Automate build process by writing ANT build scripts.
- Configured and customized logs using Log4J.
- Wrote SQL queries, stored procedures, modifications to existing database structure as required for addition of new features using Oracle database.
- Involved in installing and configuring Eclipse and Maven for development.
- Developed various UML diagrams like use cases, class diagrams, interaction diagrams (sequence and collaboration) and activity diagrams.
- Played a key role in the design and development of almost all the modules of the project.
- Used Log4J to validate functionalities and JUnit for unit testing.
- Used JIRA for bug tracking, issue tracking and project management.
Confidential,Hoffman Estates, IL Oct 2009 – July 2010
- Market Place Application
- Senior Java Developer
- The Market Place Application tracks the activities of service providers and buyers of different services offered by Sears.
- Involved in requirement analysis, functional specifications and over-all component design.
- Developed Spring and Hibernate based multi- tier Web Application.
- Created and maintained the configuration of the Spring Application Framework
- Involved in configuration of Struts MVC, E-mail, File-Upload, and Integration with ORM Framework (Hibernate).
- Worked on Requirements Specification, Analysis, Design, development, testing and Maintenance using UML.
- Implemented object/relational persistence (Hibernate) for the domain model
- Develop UML diagrams such as Class, Sequence and Activity Diagrams to understand the Systems architecture.
- Application Design Documented for my entire requirement.
- Involved in implementation of front end validation component using Java Script, server side validation component using Java classes.
- Designed and Developed WebServices using UDDI, WSDL, SOAP to communicate to the other modules.
- Configured Hibernate objects as Spring Beans in the Spring Configuration File.
- Configured the Hibernate configuration files to persist the data to the Oracle 9i Database.
- Developed DAOs using DAO Design Pattern to insert and update the data for the Policy Module.
- Helped in developing the complete business flow and helped incorporate session validity checks, form validations and error handling in the application.
- Implemented ORM in the persistence layer using Hibernate frame work in conjunction with Spring Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) functionality.
- Deployed the jar, war and ear files on the Web Sphere Application Server.
- Wrote, debugged ANT, Maven Scripts for building the entire web application and deploy them on WebSphere.
- Involved in server side validations using AJAX
- Deployed applications on Websphere Application Server.
- Involved in Unit Testing of the components using JUnit.
- Used SVN for version control.
Confidential,Hartford, CT Nov 2008- Sep 2009
Field Sales and Claims Application
The Hartfort Life Insurance ‘s Field Sales and Claims Application allowed Agents in the field to give quotes to customers and for Claim adjusters to input claim information and monitor and update the claim progress.
- Developed the application as per the functional requirements from the analysts
- Developed web screens in Html and JSP.
- Design and Development of User Interface using Struts tag libraries
- Responsible for client side validations and server side validations in JSP
- Increased performance of the extended applications by making effective use of various design patterns ( Front Controller, Business delegate, DAO and Session facade)
- Design and Development of server side modules using J2EE, Struts, EJB and Utility classes
- Development of test cases for unit testing
- Used WebServices to extract and communicate the records using XML and REST
- Involved in maintenance and support
- Documentation of the application
- Installed and configured WebLogic and JBoss in Development and Testing environment
- Developed the transaction-oriented logic in the Data Access Layer.
- Designed, developed, debugged and tested the web based J2EE application
- Used Log4J utility to log error, info and debug messages.
- Configured and deployed the J2EE application on Weblogic Application Server
- Played major role in the completion of the project.
- Used the Transaction to persist the data in the Oracle 9i.
- Used apache struts to develop the web-based components
- Tested the whole application for errors screen by screens
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, Hibernate, Spring, Struts, PL/SQL, Weblogic Application Server, REST and SOAP Webservices, UML, Visio, CVS, Log4J, Unix, Win XP, JBoss.
Confidential,OR, USA Dec 2007 – Oct 2008
The Project covers the entire scope from Product Registration to Claims Filing and processing and until the payment is processed for the claim. It also involves charging the suppliers for the claims filed and thus covering the entire supply chain. The Project involved Product Registration, some areas under Claim and Supplier warranty.
- Involved in the design and development of the entire application.
- Created UML diagrams (use case, class, sequence, and collaboration) based on the business requirements
- Involved in designing and developing dynamic web pages using HTML and JSP with Struts tag libraries
- Designed JSP layout using Struts Tiles Framework
- Implemented PL/SQL queries and used Oracle stored procedures, and built-in functions to retrieve and update data from the databases
- Used Hibernate Framework for object relational mapping and persistence.
- Interfaced with the Oracle back-end using Hibernate Framework and XML config files.
- Used Eclipse for the development environment
- Wrote JUnit test cases to test the functionality of each method in the DAO layer.
- Used CVS for version control.
- Configured and deployed the web application using Tomcat Application Server
- Used Rational ClearQuest for tracking errors and bugs in the project source code
- Prepared technical reports and documentation manuals for efficient program development
Confidential,Pune Jul 2006- Nov 2007
- Involved in requirement gathering, HLD and LLD and prepared activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, class diagrams and use case diagrams for various use cases using Rational Rose.
- Worked on JSP, Servlets.
- Used Maven for building individual modules.
- Involved in unit testing using JUnit.
- Implemented build and deployment scripts using ANT.
- Involved in unit integration, bug fixing, acceptance testing with test cases, code reviews.
M.S in computer Science.