Over 6 Years of professional experience in all the phases of software development life cycle including Design, Development, Integration of Client/Server environment, Maintenance, Implementation and Testing of various software applications using Java/J2EE related technologies.
- Experience in reviewing client requirement, prioritize requirements, creating project proposal (scope, estimation) and baseline project plan.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), OOA, OOD and OOP through implementation and testing.
- Designed and developed the application using Struts 1.0 & 2.0, Spring 2.5/3.0 and Hibernate 2.0 & 3.0 Frameworks.
- Strong implementation knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design using RUP, Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Good knowledge of Design Patterns like Singleton, DAO, Factory, MVC, Service Locator Pattern, Builder Pattern, Proxy Pattern etc.
- Expertise in RDBMS, JDBC, Hibernate, Oracle and SQL Server including SQL or PL/SQL, Stored Procedures.
- Sound knowledge and experience in SOA, n-tier architecture, object oriented analysis and design.
- Extensive experience in design and development of MQSeries applications using MQSeries for Java and MQSeries JMS APIs & MOM (Message Oriented Middleware).
- Experience with Application Servers and Web Servers such as BEA Web Logic Server 8.1/9.2, JBoss Server 4.2.2, IBM Web Sphere 5.0/6.0 and Apache Tomcat 5.5.
- Extensive experience in different IDE’s like Net Beans, Eclipse - Indigo/Galileo & Helios.
- Test Driven Programmer with thorough knowledge in unit testing with JUnit 3.8/4.0.
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and to deliver outputs in short deadlines with excellent communication and inter personnel skills.
- Performed Integration and deployment of applications done using tools like ANT and Maven.
- Expertise in XML and related tools and technologies like XSL, DTD, SAX and DOM Parsers.
- Highly knowledgeable in UML, Use Cases, Conceptual Models, Collaboration Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Activity and Sequence Diagrams.
- Experience in designing and developing Object Model, State, Use case, Class and Sequence
diagrams using Visual Paradigm and Rational Rose software modeling tool.
Bachelors of Technology in Electronics and Computers.
Confidential,Hartford, CT July 11 - Till Date
Role: Java/J2EE Developer
Aetna is one of the leaders in the US in health care, dental, pharmacy, group life, disability, and long-term care insurance and employee benefits. Aetna provides benefits through employers in all 50 states, with products and services targeted specifically to small, mid-sized and large multi-site national employers, serving more Fortune 1000 companies than any of its competitors. The company also serves individuals and Medicare beneficiaries in certain markets. Aetna is a diversified health and well-being company that provides broad spectrum of products and services
- Involved in requirement analysis & Client interaction.
- Worked closely with Business Analysts, Project Managers and Project Leaders to analyse business requirements.
- Used J2EE design patterns like Factory, Singleton, service locator, and session façade, and DAO.
- Involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as requirement gathering, modelling, analysis, architecture design and development.
- Creation of technical specifications, coding, unit and system integration testing for the enhancements and conducted reviews with users.
- Extensively used various collection classes like Array List, Hash Map, Hash Table, Hash Set.
- Developed the Use case, Sequence and Class diagrams using UML/Rational Rose.
- Developed the application using Spring MVC Framework by implementing controller and backend service classes.
- Used Spring MVC to decouple business logic and view components.
- Consumed Web Services for loan application processing by implementing Spring’s REST support is to make the development of RESTful Web services.
- Writing Ant build scripts and taking care of deployment issues.
- Drawing UML & Sequence diagram Testing Open source Code review using PMD (TOOL) and testing with JUnit cases.
- Involved in developing/coding the core framework classes and also developed web services using JAX-WS to make use of existing applications.
- Involved in creation of both service and client code for JAX-WS and used SOAP UI to generate proxy code from the WSDL to consume the remote service.
- Used JBoss Application Server that implements the Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE).
- Involved in Sever side validation based on the Business rules.
- Involved in unit testing, checkout and check in the source code from Clear Case.
- Responsible for Writing Hibernate-mapping XML Files, HQL.
Environment: JAVA 1.5, J2EE, Servlets, JDBC, XML, Web Services, JSP2.0, JSF2.0, Hibernate, HTML, spring framework, XML, XSLT, Web services, Web Sphere, Unix, DB2.
Confidential,NJ April 10 - June 11
Role: Java/J2EE Developer
This system provides Patient Administration, Billing Management functions for the hospital. The major functions of Administration module are Allocating Registration, Recording Personal Details, assigning Insurance Details, Retrieving Patient history records from other hospitals. The Billing module allows Billing and receivables, looks into multiple modes of Payment and Rates Definition for Services.
- Participated in Requirements Analysis, and Design and Development phases of the project and worked in Scrum Methodology
- Designed the application using the core J2EE design patterns Singleton, Session Façade, Business Delegate, and Service Locator.
- Documented the design documents using Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using the Rational Application Developer.
- Developed controllers, updated the struts configuration files and implemented validation using Struts Validator framework.
- Mapped (one-to-many, one-to-one, many-to-one relations) DTOs to Oracle Database tables and Java data types to SQL data types by creating Hibernate mapping XML files
- Oracle database was used, wrote stored procedures for common SQL queries
- Developed various Database interaction objects by implementing the DAO Patterns and used JDBC as Model Component.
- Used SAX Parser for parsing the xml document.
- JBoss Server was used as the application server for deploying the application.
- Implemented Log4j by enabling logging at runtime without modifying the application binary.
- Involved in Unit Testing and Bug-Fixing and achieved the maximum code coverage using JUNIT test cases.
- Used ANT Script for building and deploying the application.
- Involved in exposing and consuming RESTful web service using X-Fire framework.
Confidential,TX Feb 09 - March 10
Role: Java/J2EE Developer
The product PCC (product collection catalog) is the web, DVD based product to be designed, build and implemented the products collection catalog for AT & T dealers. The product is constructed in a way when a particular phone is selected all the possible accessories will be displayed for that particular phone which increases the sale of the company.
- Involved in designing & documentation of flows & functional diagrams.
- Designed all type of UML diagrams, which is needed in developing the application.
- Involved in creating and extracting data from database using SQL Queries, Stored procedures, triggers, and packages on Oracle database.
- Implemented the application using Struts Framework which is based on MVC design pattern.
- Used Hibernate for Object relational Mapping and used Spring AOP for Connection Management and Transaction Management.
- Deployment process of the application on the Web sphere application servers.
- Used Clear quest as bug tracking system. Extracted Logging errors by Log4j.
- Written Test Cases for Unit Level Testing using JUnit.
- Extensive usage of ANT builds process for the delivery of the end product.
- Used Apache CXF as the Web Services framework to implement the REST APIs involved.
- Involved in testing, debugging complete flow of the modules.
Confidential,INDIA Sept 08 - Feb 09
Role: Senior Java Developer
OPEP application is a Tool of Economic Management Projects. It aims to provide reliable information on indicators: Cost, Weight and Investment.
Specifically, the application can take into account for each element of the Bill of material, indicators PRF, Investments, Mass and the associated risks and opportunities (Ropp).
It is a tool for decision support for Project Management and Basic Functional Groups (VFT) that can always monitor the convergence of the whole project or a perimeter VFT towards targets contracted in early draft.
- Involved in different phases to gather requirements, document the functional specifications, design, data modeling and development of the applications.
- J2EE Front-End and Back-End supporting business logic, integration, and persistence.
- Used JSP with Spring Framework for developing User Interfaces.
- Integrated Security Web Services for authentication of users.
- Used Hibernate Object/Relational mapping and persistence framework as well as a Data Access abstraction Layer.
- Data Access Objects (DAO) framework is bundled as part of the Hibernate Database Layer.
- Designed Data Mapping XML documents that are utilized by Hibernate, to call stored procedures.
- Responsible for Testing and moving the application into Staging and Production environments.
- Responsible for Project Documentation, Status Reporting and Presentation.
- Used CVS version control to maintain the Source Code.
AOC Administration Offer Commercial, RNTBCI, India Nov 07 - Sept 08
Role: Java/J2EE Developer
The automobile engineering design and research company Renault Nissan Technology and Business Centre India Pvt Ltd (RNTBCI) is the fuel cell research team located in IIT Madras Research Park in the city Chennai.The centre is around 100 research engineers. They will study ways to improve the performance of fuel cells.The company does engineering design for Nissan’s global operations and not restricted to their Indian car plant.
A 50:50 joint venture between Japanese Nissan Motor Company and Renault of France, RNTBCI works in the areas of advanced research and development, advanced computer aided engineering, product development, digital vehicle development, information systems development, Indian and global parts sourcing. the company is working on couple of upstream projects.
- Designed and developed web interface in J2EE Framework using Struts Framework (MVC Design pattern), J2EE, Servlets, JavaBeans, JDBC, SWING, HTML, DHTML and XML as per Use Case specification.
- Produced visual models of the system by generating UML use-case diagrams from the requirements.
- Designed, developed and deployed application using Eclipse and Tomcat application Server.
- Classes are designed by using Object oriented Design(OOD) concepts like encapsulation, inheritance etc
- Created Custom Tags to reuse the common functionality.
- Preparation and review of Test Cases for the module using the user requirement documents.
- Extensively used CVS Version Control to maintain the Source Code.
- Involved in testing the module as per user requirements.
Environment: Java/J2EE, JSP 1.2, Hibernate, Eclipse 2.0, WAS, Struts 1.2, Struts Tiles 1.x
Retail Open Store Reference Architecture, IBM , India Aug 06 - Oct 07
Role: Senior Java Developer
ROS RA is Service oriented architecture. It is a open store project’s purpose of this project is to provide services to the customers. It has got 3 modules.
Gift Registry Management: This provides the capabilities to a registrant user to create,update,cancel a gift registry, add, remove, update the gift registry items, update guest messages and guest acccess, request gift certificates, view the registries created by her and view the list of items in a specific registry.
It also provides the ability to gift giver to search registry by name, event date and other search criteria.
Catalog and Product Management: The Catalog and Product Management service component provides services to deliver catalog navigation across the categories and sub-categories, search catalog service to provide various methods of search catalog categories and product information, and guided sell services that provide customer with information on products that are associated with the product in view or on hot products that are available through promotions.
Customer Management: The customer Management provides services that create customer accounts, update customer accounts ,delete customer,search customer and logging customer purchases for rewards eligibility. This supports business functions that manage customer information.
- Developed Credit card payment and e-Check systemmodules.
- CreatedUse Case diagrams andsequence diagrams using Visio.
- Involved in Pair programming and Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Developed the web application using the Struts MVC architecture integrated with Struts Tiles.
- Developed Struts Tiles for common look and feel using tiles tag libraries and JSP pages.
- Developed rich client user interfaces using Ajax and wired with Struts framework.
- Developed UI components using Java Script, CSS and HTML.
- Developed Struts modules with Form beans, Action Classes, Resource Properties and Declarative exception handling.
- Debugged problems occurring in production environment and provided bug fixes.
- Involved in Documenting technical specifications and Code review.
- Implemented Log4j for logging purpose in the application.
- Created JUnit test casesto perform unit testing.
- Used SVN as a version management tool.
Environment: Java 1.4, Servlets, JSP, Hibernate, WAS, Eclipse 2.5, Struts 1.2, Struts Tiles 1.x, Oracle 8i, JUnit.