- Around 8 years of IT experience, entailing 5 years’ in designing & developing Mobile Applications using Android SDK, and around 3 years’ in Java based applications using Java, Servlets, JSP, XML, Web services
- Experienced in all Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) stages for wide range of application including SCRUM - Agile and Waterfall models
- Experience working with MVC (Model View Controller) and MVP (Model view Presenter) frameworks patterns.
- Good understanding of Android UI guidelines and creating layouts for multi-screen sizes & resolutions; designed web pages with new trends taking advantage of the most recent user interface patterns
- Worked with Android SDK (2.3 to NOUGAT 7.0), Eclipse IDE, Android ADT plugin & Android Studio 2.2 and experience in implementing native libraries in application using Android NDK
- Leveraging Android 4.0 APIs for networking, web, location services, telephony, and hardware sensors
- Good knowledge of the Android Architecture and Android Concurrency
- Worked on Bluetooth Audio Profiles (A2dp, Avrcp, HFP) and Bluetooth Stack (BlueZ, BlueDroid)
- Experience in Application Frameworks such as Activity Manager, Resource Manager, Notification Manager, Location Manager, Telephony Manager, Content Providers etc.
- Knowledge of Advanced application design with Asyncprocessing, services, SQLite database, content providers, intents, and notifications; experience with profiling, tuning, and optimizing Java applications
- Worked on writing JUnit & Espresso test cases and generating test coverage reports with Jacoco.
- Integrated various social networking open source APIs like Facebook, G+, Twitter, and third party libraries Butter knife, Volley, Picasso, Leak Canary, Dagger 2, Retrofit.
- Hands on exposure and expertise in using…
- JIRA, Bitbucket, HPQC, Gerrit, Bugzilla, & Red Mine to manage and keep track on project progress
- Cloud-based Solutions (GCM), event triggers, and push notifications and experience with Otto bus.
- Media Framework with Android API and skills like multimedia usage, video, sound, graphics, networking
- Web Services with SOAP and REST FUL API
- Android Debugging Tools like DDMS, ADB, Trace View, Log Cat
- Android Storage Options like SQLite, Shared Preferences
- Fragments, Activity, Navigation modes and Loaders
- Open Source Version Control Tools like SVN, CVS & GIT for version tracking and deployment
- Restful web services to fetch data for mobile front end and parsing XML & JSON response using parsers
- GitHub in application development having knowledge on Phone Gap
- Jenkins build to get the successful build on application store every time when we merge the code
Languages: Java, C, C++, SQL, HTML
Web technologies: JSP, Servlets, EJB, JMS, JSF
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, PL/SQL, MySQL, SQL, SQLite, JDBC, MS-Access
Design &Protocols: MVC, MVP, Singleton, Factory pattern, HTTP, TCP/IP
Web Service: REST, SOAP, WSDL
Version Control: CVS, SVN, and GIT
IDE s: Android Studio, Eclipse ADT bundle
Parsers: XML Pull Parser, JSON, DOM, SAX
Testing Frameworks: JUnit, Espresso, UiAutomator, Robotium
Tools: DDMS, Trace view, ADB, Beyond Compare, GenyMotion Emulator
Thirdpartylib s: Butter Knife, Dagger, Picasso, Retrofit, Volley, Leak Canary
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux, Mac
Senior Android Developer
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Participated in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for proper analysis, development, testing, deployment and enhancement of the code for application; worked as bridge between development & testing
- Used SCRUM-Agile Software Development Method for managing application development
- Involved in end to end testing of application on multiple android targets using selenium web driver test cases
- Debugged issues and fixed bugs with code, design patterns and miscellaneous occurrences during projects
- Developed App screens & workflow using Activity & Fragments, which has Recycler, Scroll view & List view
- Integrated Facebook, G+ & open source APIs within application and Google Maps API to locate nearby places
- Maximized integrated search, cloud-based services, and other exclusive Android features; used cloud-based solutions (GCM) event triggers and push notifications
- Used event handling mechanism like Otto Bus.
- Used IBM Analytics, formerly CoreMetrics, is a graphical tool and data gathering framework for reporting on page hits.
- Validated JSON responses as per the given REST API’s
- Created a local database SQLite for maintaining data accessible in offline
- Created compatibility with Android version 2.2 (API 8) to 7.0 (API 24)
- Written Android test automation suite using Espresso testing framework and Junit
- Adjusted Android default behavior such as orientation response to improve activity life cycle flow
- Involved in code reviews, daily Agile Scrum meeting, weekly demo & sprint demo on the developed application and attended iterative planning meetings for every sprint
- Involved in Offshore co-ordination.
Environment: Android Studio, Java, SQLite, Restful, JSON, Android SDK, Google Maps API, Linux, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Junit, Selenium, Espresso.
Senior Android Developer
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Participated in all the phases of SDLC from design, development through testing, porting and support of application. Followed Agile Methodology and make sure no resources or efforts are wasted.
- Designed & developed Mobile Health application for Android mobile devices with User Interface development
- Worked on debugging the application using Log cat, DDMS
- Handled User Interface (UI) design using various custom layouts, buttons, dialog boxes, alert boxes &edit boxes
- Used services, AsyncTask and Alert Notification API to implement event reminder feature into the mobile app
- Embedded Google Maps API, GPS Location Data into app with zooming controls
- Saved the data of healthcare facilities, doctors, diseases, medications, insurance & health plans in SQLite database
- Used GIT for project management & version control, Gerrit as code review tool & Jenkins as continuous build & integration tool; used web views, custom list views & populated lists from database using simple adapters
- Inserted suitable code to capture various button &text field events and executed desired action for applications
- Designed downloading files & images by showing Progress Bar activities
- Developed apps, handling JSON data using efficient parsing techniques such as GSON parser
- Implemented the required GUI by making modifications to the xml files
Environment: Android SDK 2.3, Java SDK 1.6, SQLite 3.0, Eclipse IDE, ADT Plug-in, GIT, Gerrit, Jenkins, Restful API, Google Map API, GPS, Logcat, DDMS console, XML.
Confidential, Northbrook, IL
- Involved in android application development, defect validation, deployment and production maintenance
- Designed & implemented the Mobile Agent application using Embedded Android development
- Designed the User Interface (UI) according to the requirements using UI Groups & UI components
- Developed App screens and its workflow using Activity and Fragments which has List View &Scroll View
- Used AsyncTask for multithreading and SVN for code management
- Registered the Broadcast Receivers with various intent filters for the android system announcements
- Designed Custom Dialog using Fragment Activity and Custom Action bar& Progress bar by making service calls
- Created a GCM push notifications to alert users with latest updates, created local database using SQLite to store & retrieve data, and developed the unit test cases using UiAutomator and Junit framework
- Designed layouts compatible with screens of different resolutions
- Used android support libraries to provide features like action bar, fragments to lower versions of android devices
- Worked on Agile Methodology; used Photoshop CS5, Firework CS5, and Illustrator CS5 frequently for editing images, altering photos, and customizing look and feel of client's applications.
Environment: Android SDK, Android Studio, Eclipse IDE, Windows, HTML, SQLite, Espresso, Volley, JSON, SVN.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Involved in analysis, design, development, deployment, testing of applications on various Android devices and fixing of the bugs
- Implemented full life cycle development of new web applications and modification of existing applications to add new components and features emphasizing maintainability, reliability, scalability and performance.
- Worked on innovative background reflecting the user account status that changes according to user's account.
- Designed & implemented Views and Layouts for User Interaction
- Participated in ongoing initiatives to improve processes and establish best practices.
- Worked on UI and base Android framework issues during OS upgradation. Used version control GIT.
- Used MVC pattern to encapsulate client/server interactions helps to illustrate software-pattern roles as well as developer roles by separating object, components, and services into multi-tiers with well-defined boundaries.
- Worked on testing emulator and device with multiple versions and sizes with the help of ADB.
- Involved in design and developing re-usable web services using SOAP, XML, WSDL, XML Schemas and XSL.
- Used web views, list views & populated lists to display the lists from database using simple adapters.
- Used Android content providers to implementing features like sending E-mails, SMS, etc., from the app and designed suitable GUI for these applications.
- Used Services, Async tasks and Alert Notification API to implement event reminder feature into the mobile app.
- Embedded Google Maps API, GPS Location Data into app with zooming controls.
- Involved in working with Location Manager and Restful Web service with JSON.
Environment: Android SDK 5.0, SQLite 3.6, Eclipse IDE 3.5, Android API's, RESTFUL Web service, DOMParser, JDK 1.6, XML, JSON, HTML, CSS, GPS service, Log cat, Windows 7, ADT Plug-in, GIT (version Control), DDMS console, ADB server.
- Involved in the Analysis, Design & Development phase of the project
- Designed Use Cases, System Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams and Class Diagrams
- Designed & implemented a web-based GUI using JSPs and programmed views using JSP pages
- Developed EJBs (Session & Entity Beans) for business processing & database access and developed DAO (Data Access Object) classes to access data from the database
- Involved in the Bug fixing of the modules and deployed on Web Sphere
- Employed business rules to filter upcoming product and eliminated unwanted product to improve quality
- Employed XML, Struts, JSPs for front end development; developed XML documents with DTDs
- Employed UML artifacts for object modeling, intelligent tracking to track site request, site redirects to improvise search optimization; model is a combination of EJB’s and controllers are Servlet
Environment: J2EE, JDK, JSP, Servlet, Java script, Struts, XML, Web Services, EJB, UML, JDBC, DAO, Web Sphere, Oracle.