- 8 years of IT experience with enterprise applications using Java/J2EE technologies like Servlets, JSP, JavaBeans, JDBC, JMS, EMS, Swing, EJB, JSF, Struts & Spring and ORM frameworks like Active JPA and Hibernates.
- Strong experience in Spring Framework modules such as Spring Security, Spring MVC, IOC, AOP and Spring Data, Spring JPA, Spring IO, Spring Boot, Spring REST, Spring Eureka, Spring Ribbon and Spring Hystrix.
- Expertise in developing applications using J2SE concepts like OOPS, Multithreading, Exception Handling, File IO and Serialization, Generics, Data Structures, Memory Management, lambdas, Stream APIs and Garbage Collection etc.
- Experienced in Full Stack UI Technologies using Grunt, Gulp, and Yoman generator for Angularjs.
- Experience on AWS services like EC2, VPC, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, S3, Amazon RDS, Elasticache, SNS, SQS, deploying Docker Containers to AWS EC2 instances.
- Experience in creating the docker images, installation, Docker toolbox and container allocation management etc.
- Experience in creating, consuming and testing a web services using SOAP, SOAPUI, REST and Swagger.
- Experience in Python programming to develop spark jobs using PySpark, Python scripts, Python modules for the data & batch processing using libraries (Pandas, NumPy, urllib2), web - based frameworks like Django and flask
- Expert in using Messaging Frameworks using KAFKA, JMS, Active MQ for data exchange across Java applications.
- Experience in Integration tools like SOA, Suite/BPEL/Fusion Middleware, web-methods, Vitria and Apache CAMEL.
- Implemented Apache Camel routes using Camel-Spring XML and Camel-Spring processor beans.
- Strong experience in HDFS, MapReduce and Hadoop components like Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Oozie, and Flume.
- Hands of experience in Scala programming for developing the spark jobs.
- Expertise in designing and developing the data models by implementing schemas for relational DBs and proficient in writing complex SQL queries, triggers, and procedures for Oracle, DB2, MS SQL SERVER and MySQL.
- Expertise in working with NoSQL databases like DynamoDB, MongoDB, and Cassandra to handle large data sets.
- Expertise with application/web servers such as Oracle/BEA WebLogic 10/9/8, WebSphere 7/8, Tomcat 8/7/6.
- Expertise in Splunk Log Management in Creating dashboards, monitoring, Email Notification…etc to Users.
- Experienced in unit testing by using various frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, Jenkins, Mockito, JMeter).
- Experience in CI/CD of applications using tools such as Maven, Gradle, ANT, and Drools & debugging through log4j.
- Experience in using different version controlling/tracking systems Subversion JENKINS, HUDSON, CVS, GIT, GITHUB.
- Expertise in developing, testing and deploying of enterprise applications on Windows & UNIX platforms by using IDE's like Eclipse, IntelliJ, Spring Tool Suite (STS), NetBeans, PyCharm, WebStorm, and Cloud9.
Languages: Java 1.4/1.5/1.6/1.7/1.8, C++, Scala 2.12.1, Python 3.6.0, SQL/PLSQL
Java/J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JSTL, JDBC, JMS, JNDI, RMI, EJB, JFC/Swing, AWT, Applets, Multi-threading, Java Networking
Frameworks: Spring 4.3, Hibernate 4.3, Angular JS 1.0/1.5, Spring Security 3.2, Django
Application/Web servers: Apache Tomcat 8, IBM WebSphere 8.0, Jetty 9.4, Jenkins 2.50, WebSphere MQ
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g/12C, SQL server 2012/2014/2016, MySQL 5.7, DB2 11.1, MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, AWS DynamoDB
Cloud Environments: Azure, AWS, Netflix Eureka, Mesos, Kubernetes.
Bug Tracking Tools: JUNIT4.12, JIRA 7.0, Bugzilla 4.4.12, Curl 7.36
Version control: SVN, CSV, GIT
Reporting Tools: Jasper Reports 6.0, Crystal Reports XI, SSRS 5.0
Methodologies: Agile, waterfall, TDD (Test-Driven-Development), Scrum
Build Tools: Ant 1.10, Maven 3.3.9, Gradle 3.4.1
Web Services: SOAP 1.2, REST 2.0
Operating system: Windows, Linux Mint 18.1, UnixIDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ, Spring Tool Suite (STS), NetBeans, PyCharm, WebStorm.
Confidential, Denver, Colorado
Sr Java full stack developer
- Followed Agile methodology towards requirement gathering, Design, Analysis, Development and Code deployment.
- Implementing AngularJS, React JS with Spring Boot as model component and developed custom AngularJS directives, tags, and services integrated with Spring REST services.
- HTML5, Bootstrap libraries, Typescript, CSS3 and Custom tags are used to develop responsive web pages.
- Developed UI using Angular and made use of new Angular features like Dependency Injection, 2 ways Data Binding, inbuilt Form Validations, using RESTful API, Animation Support, Deep Linking Routing and AJAX/JSONP.
- Used React JS for templating for faster compilation and developing reusable components.
- Worked on making AJAX calls for REST API's using angular $http service to make GET/POST calls for data rendering.
- Grunt and NPM are used for package management, installation, share and manage dependencies.
- Developed applications by making use of Java 8 features like Lambdas, built in Functional Interfaces, Stream & Parallel streams, Time API, Multithreading, concurrency collection and forEach method etc.
- Used Spring framework to inject services, entity services, transaction management, and concerns by factory class corresponding to the use case operation executing.
- Developed Spring boot application by using the spring Eureka as service registry and service Discovery, Spring ribbon as load balancer of microservices with spring security, OAuth2.0 and JWT (JSON Web Token).
- Enable real-time monitoring by preventing cascading failures, alerting and operational control using Spring Hystrix.
- Worked on Swagger2 using Spring Boot for the developer portal with API specifications.
- Implemented Spring ORM with Hibernate took advantage of features like annotation metadata, auto wiring, and generic collections to implement DAO layer with Hibernate Entity Manager’s Session Factory, HQL, and SQL.
- Worked on Mongo DB concepts such as locking, transactions, indexes, schema design.
- Configuring high availability using geographical MongoDB replica sets across multiple and clusters.
- Worked with JAX-RS to support the annotations defined in JSR 311 and to develop RESTful services by using Java and Implementing SOA to develop REST-Based Web services using Apache Axis. Tested using POSTMAN plugin.
- Experience of using Apache Camel and ActiveMQ as a messaging server between Micro Services.
- Developed python scripts to import, export and parse the data from the different file formats like (Avaro, XML, JSON), searched common errors and bad data patterns and fixed them using python libraries (Pandas, Numpy).
- Wrote a Python script to process raw data from MongoDB by using Pandas.
- Used Apache Kafka for the reliable and asynchronous exchange of info between multiple business applications.
- Configure High Availability for IBM API Connect v5, IBM API Connect Development Portal v5 in Linux environment.
- Involved in building and deploying scripts using Maven 3.3 to generate WAR, EAR and JAR’s.
- Used Docker to push docker images to Docker Hub and pull the docker images and deployed in AWS EC2.
- Kubernetes is used for the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers. Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Used AWS CodePipeline for CI/CD service for fast and reliable application and infrastructure updates. Used AWS Elastic search using ELK stack for log analysis and analytics and to transfer the log data to S3 buckets.
- Experienced in writing Splunk 5.x queries for searching and reporting and in creating dashboards for analysis.
- Worked on using Rule Engines like Drools 4.x, and ILOG to validate the business User Roles.
- Performed Unit testing on frontend applications using tools like Karma, Jasmine, protractor class.
- Used Selenium Web Driver to run test cases on multiple browsers and platforms and unit test cases are developed using JUnit, Mockito and Easy mock. Used GIT as the version control and for code conflicts.
Environment: - Java/JDK 1.8, J2EE, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Kafka, NodeJS, Angular, HTML5, Bootstrap, Typescript, CSS3, Spring Eureka, Ribbon, Hibernate 4.3, REST 188.8.131.52, Eclipse, MAVEN build tool, JUnit, Drools, MongoDB, WebLogic Application Server 10.1, AWS (CodePipeline, ELK), Agile Methodology, Curl, GIT, Docker, Log4j
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr Java/ Hadoop Developer
- Involved in agile development of SDLC phases like Requirement gathering, Design, Analysis and Code development.
- Created a single-page, responsive web application to replace a legacy web application using Angular JS.
- Used AngularJS based form validations to validate the user data on the client side and monitor the state of form.
- Utilized AngularJS Services, Factory and Dependency Injection techniques to ensure an Inversion of Control (IOC) by focusing on minimizing the number of watchers to increase the performance.
- Implemented ng-repeat to display tabular data and utilized CRUD features such as sorting, filtering, paging and data manipulation and by using AngularJS. Used NPM (Node package manager) for installing the node packages.
- Worked with Advanced Java 1.7 & 1.8 features like Annotations, Generics, enhanced for loop, Enums, Lambda functions, functional interfaces, Time API, concurrency API and Stream API, Multithreading, collection API.
- Involved in writing Thread safe blocks for Multithreading access to make valid transactions.
- Developed Application using Spring MVC 3 widely with annotations, Dependency injection, well-defined interfaces, IOC, spring security and integration with the Struts3 framework with views based on JSP’s.
- Created and injected spring services, spring controllers, and DAOs to achieve Dependency Injection and to wire objects of business classes. Spring security is used to control fault tolerance modes of authentications using LDAP.
- Participated in coding Spring AOP components for the Logging, Exception handling and Transactional Models.
- Used a microservice architecture, with Spring Boot based services interacting through REST and Apache Kafka.
- EJB’s are used to process requests from the UI and CMP entity beans are used to interact with persistence layer.
- Implemented persistence layer using Hibernate that uses the POJO’s to represent the persistence database tuples.
- Worked on MongoDB database design and Indexing Techniques. Configure and installation of MongoDB Ops Manager in Test, QA, and Prod including setup of alerts, authorization.
- Service Oriented Architectures(SOA) is implemented with XML based Web Services(SOAP/WSDL/UDDI).
- Used AWS ELK stack for the transferring the log file to the S3 and to generate log reports.
- Involved in tokenizing the sensitive data before archiving in AWS S3 using REST based Enterprise Tokenization service, and encrypting the data before sending it over the wire to external systems.
- Implemented ETL processes with java MapReduce programs, PIG, Hive. Tested the ETL Jobs in CUT(pre-prod) environment and responsible for sign-off from Business in DR (deployment readiness) environment before the jobs can be moved to Production environment.
- Designed and implemented Apache Spark streaming application using Scala and implemented Spark SQL for faster testing and processing of data.
- Experience in working with the AWS DynamoDB.
- Exported the analyzed data to MYSQL database using SQOOP for visualization and generate reports for BI team.
- Oozie is used to trace the workflow instances, including instances states, and to control and schedule the spark jobs
- Deployed the Application into Docker container and made easily accessible at runtime using EC2 clusters.
- Used SSH to remotely access the LINUX Server and configured Apache Service Mix instances on the server.
- Involved standardizing Splunk forwarder deployment, configuration, and maintenance across Unix and Windows.
- Prepared JUnit test cases and executed them using JUnit and used Karma.js/Jasmine.js for UI testing.
- Developed Protractor test classes for an end to end testing in Front-end.
- Used Log4J to log both User Interface and Domain Level Messages.
- Used GIT as version management, Jira for defect management system.
Confidential, Framingham, MA
Sr Java Developer
- Responsible for all stages of design, development, and deployment of applications. Active role in Test Driven Development termed as TDD apart from Agile Software Development.
- Developed UI using JSP with JavaBeans, JSTL and Custom Tag Libraries, JS, CSS, jQuery, Node.js, HTML, Bootstrap, SASS and Ajax to speed the application.
- Built Web pages those are more user-interactive using jQuery plugins for Drag and Drop, jqValidator, AutoComplete, AJAX, JSON, Angular JS and Node.JS.
- Developed business components using core java concepts like collections API’s, Serialization, Threads, etc.
- Used Spring framework for middle tier and Spring-hibernate for data access.
- Implemented the service layer using Spring 2.5 with transaction and logging interceptors.
- Used Spring Validation framework to implement the server-side validations and used Ext JS AJAX to get the data from the server asynchronously by using JSON objects.
- Hands-on writing Stored Procedures, functions, triggers, DDL, DML SQL queries.
- Developed POJO objects and used Hibernate as the Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) tool to access the persistent data from MYSQL according to the database schema.
- Technology leadership for the direction of the Cloud-based application using Node.JS, PDFJS, and MySQL DB integrating to a proprietary framework.
- Troubleshooting issues that may occur during the test cycle (Functional & load test) for the J2EE applications on Struts and Spring framework running on WebLogic/JBoss servers.
- Developed services that are reusable and interoperable, based on SOAP, WSDL, JAXWS, JAXRPC Web services.
- Provided installation, configuration & maintenance of pre-prod and production Cloud environments including services such as Tomcat, Apache, Jetty, MySQL, and Jira. Used Apache Camel through Fuse Mediation Router.
- GWT (Google Web Tool Kit) is used to build and develop the MAT Application.
- Prepared and presented UNIX production and implementation schedules to the Project Manager and client.
- Responsible for developing the connection pooling for FileNet Server implementing spring framework concepts such as Transaction management and DAO support.
- Developed Test classes using JUnit and Easy Mock and test coverage using EMMA plug-in. Worked with Splunk to logging and analyzing defects status.
Environment: - Struts, Hibernate, Spring, EJB, JSP, Servlets, JMS, XML, SOAP, WSDL, JSF, UML, JS, CSS, jQuery, Node.js, HTML, Ajax, JSON, JNDI, CVS, Log4J, RAD 7, Windows XP, WebLogic/JBoss servers, Rational Rose, MySQL, JAXWS, JAXRPC, Tomcat, Apache, Jetty, MySQL, Jira, Django, Apache Camel.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Sr. Java/ Python Developer
- Followed Scrum Incremental process of Agile SDLC, also involved in creating stories in JIRA.
- Played a key role in developing the business layer and data management components using J2EE architecture.
- Implemented Spring MVC to connect to front-end UI and perform operations.
- Used Spring validations to perform validations and authentications of front-end and Throw all the exceptions.
- As Security Analyst used Fortify Scan tool to track down any PCI issues in the code and provide the resolutions.
- Implemented JPA ORM, JPA transaction manager and Spring Connection to connect to Database Object DB to persist and retrieve data from multiple database sources.
- Involved in ETL from the database using SQL Queries, PL/SQL Stored procedures, triggers from the Oracle database.
- Used Spring IOC, auto-wired POJO’s and DAO classes with Spring Controller
- Developed, and debugged the servlets and EJB with WebSphere Application server.
- Used Maven as a build tool and retrieved all the dependencies required for the application.
- Worked on designing Web-Services in which request/responses are XML documents are transferred to REST.
- Used JAXB to manipulate and convert to class to read XML by taking XML schema to create the instances.
- Wrote Backend python modules to interact with Active directory using LDAP Module for the Authentication
- Used SOAP UI for testing the web services, AppDynamics for application health and JMeter for stress testing.
- Developed the UNIX shell scripts and Python modules to automate jobs. Involved in writing batch processing job for Jenkins to Auto-populate database every day.
- Worked closely with cross-functional teams (QA, BA, PM, Product Owner) as a part of the AGILE environment.
- Participated in preparation of Application Design doc, test plan, and cases.
- Used Log4j utility to generate run-time logs.
- Used version control repository SVN (Subversion by apache) and JIRA for issue tracking.
Confidential, Austin TX
- Actively involved in full SDLC and user acceptance testing.
- Designed & developed complex UI and updated the exist presentation layer using HTML, CSS, AJAX, JSP, jQuery.
- Used Core java concepts like collections API’s, Data Structures, Multithreading, Algorithms, Design patterns like Singleton, Front Controller, MVC.
- Developed and deployed Action Classes and JSP for Dynamic HTML generation.
- Used struts framework to developed Action Servlet, Action Mapping, Dispatch action class, Action Form bean.
- Configured the struts-config descriptor, implemented validator framework.
- Identified and resolved programming issues, Servlets and EJB s performance tuning opportunities.
- Applied J2EE design patterns like Singleton, Data Transfer Object (DTO), Data Access Objects (DAO), Front Controller and Adapter during the development of components.
- Implemented the data persistence functionality using Hibernate to persist Java objects to MySQL DB.
- Developed SQL/ stored procedures, triggers for applications to execute as part of scheduling mechanisms.
- Used SAX XML API to parse the XML and populate the values for a bean. Created XML documents by using SAX XML API to pass the XML structure to Web Services.
- Involved in creating unit testing of various layers using Junit. Created automated test scripts using Selenium.
- Developed the Perl & Shell scripts to automate the sequential tasks.
- Developed JMS components to send messages from one application to other application internally.
- Implemented SOA architecture with web services using SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, and XML.
- Implemented logging mechanism using log4j. Managed source repository using CVS for version control tool.
- Deployed application in WebSphere Application Server and developed using Rational Application Developer RAD
Jr Java Developer
- Involved in the Requirements gathering & Analysis from the business team.
- Created the design documents with use case diagram, class diagrams, and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Active participation in Scrum calls, Sprint planning, and Retrospection meetings.
- Implemented the MVC architecture using Apache Struts1.2 Framework.
- Involved in Configuring web.xml and struts-config.xml according to the struts framework.
- Implemented session beans to handle business logic.
- Created staging tables and wrote complex join queries, procedures, triggers, and functions to support the upgraded hardware and updated the structure of persistent layer by adding the new additional functionalities.
- Importing data from XML format to database and JAXB through web service's data marshaling process.
- Worked with JAXB, SAXP and XML Schema for exporting data into XML format.
- Configured WebSphere Application Server (WAS)and deployed the web components.
- Used log4j files to trace and store the errors and other runtime exceptions of the web application.
- Involved in fixing defects identified in QA and Pre-Production and tracked those using squish.
- Used Clear Case for source code maintenance.