- A results - driven IT professional with 13.5+ Years of experience in the IT Recognized as an energetic self-starter, tenacious problem-solver & consummate team player able to build strong rapport with the client community. Proven ability of managing all phases of engagement cycle from establishing business case to requirement gathering to development and delivery, leveraging upon team management skills. Strong track record for diagnosing complex problems and consistently delivering effective solutions.
- Experience with Complete SDLC starting from Presales & RFP Support, Due Diligence, Requirement analysis, System design & Proof of Concepts, Creation of Technical specs, Design and Development (coding and testing) with emphasis on Agile, Object-Oriented and SOA Methodologies.
- Certified PMP, ITIL and Professional Scrum Master.
- Associated with Confidential, El Dorado Hills, CA and available for deployment. Associated with Confidential leading UPoint Portal Core team and responsible to deliver framework services to UPoint product used by 220+ clients and 2.2 million customers. Previously, Associated with Confidential for 10+ Yrs. before.
- Strong Knowledge with Iterative approach for Software Development as per Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile Scrum and Kanban approaches. Involved in inception, elaboration, construction & transition phases.
- Experienced in Business Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Gap Analysis, Risk Analysis, Disaster Recovery Planning, Testing and Project Planning. Experience in OOAD architecture and modeling and designing artifacts such as class diagram, sequence diagram and state diagrams using Rational Rose, RAD and Power Designer.
- Proven expertise in Managing and leading Design & development projects of Enterprise Application development using multiple technologies including Java/J2EE Stack, Primarily Java, J2EE, Multiple Spring Modules including Spring Core, Spring MVC, Boot, Spring Rest, Web flow & Spring Data. Experience with ORM technologies including Hibernate & ORM proprietary technologies. Extensive experience in Service oriented architecture including REST and SOAP Web Services. Good Conceptual understanding of Micro services.
- Expertise in technically managing Development of application using HTML, HTML5, CSS3, Thyme leaf, JSP, Angular JS.
- Extensive experience with Java IT Proprietary frameworks including Liferay portal, Intershop Enfinity Suite, EMC WebTop, Content Management products Documentum, Middleware systems including IKEA’s Enterprise business Components framework, 3rd party integrations and Backend system dev. including, Warehouse management systems.
- Good Knowledge of Databases like Oracle, Sybase, My SQL, DB2. & MongoDB.
- Understanding of Big Data technologies including Apache Hadoop, Map Reduce, Pig, Spark and MongoDb.
- Sound knowledge of Software Configuration Management systems including Bitbucket, IBM Clearcase, ClearQuest, SVN & Git/Bitbucket.
- Received multiple awards for managing complex projects including Unmatched Team Award from Confidential . for successfully delivered a strategic initiative for a Unified source for customer facing applications, integration of UPoint with MongoDB via REST framework, where MongoDb filled data from Mainframe, Workday, & Oracle.
- Gold Award from Confidential . for successfully leading Stress Testing program for complete UPoint platform, participated by more than 15 teams.
Project dev. Methodologies: Agile (scrum), object oriented, unified process & waterfall
Project management/support software's: Jira agile, project place, Microsoft project plan, Jira, confluence, SharePoint, scrum works, rally, Daptiv, HP Test center /ALM, PMSmart, wiki tools
Business analysis: Business/it analysis, requirement gathering, process reengineering/development, gap analysis, benefit analysis, feasibility analysis, user acceptance testing (uat), data analysis/data modeling, report modeling & simulation, business artifacts documentation skills, project scope, business use cases, Incident/problem management Remedy, service desk, Client, IBM ClearQuest
Software configuration management: IBM Clearcase & ClearQuest, quality center, pvcs, SVN & GIT
Design methodologies: UML, MVC/struts, Rational software modeler, Operations architecture models
Languages/API’s: Java/j2ee, Xml, XSLT, Oracle, Java script, Angularjs and Html.
Java/j2ee technology: Java spring, Hibernate, servlets API, java bean, apache struts, jdbc, swing/awt, xml API, apache axis/axis2/cxf, jaas, jms, jta, jndi, jsp, apache ant 1.5, maven, junit, esb.
Proprietary Products: Liferay 6.2 certified professional developer, workday, WebTop (dfc and dql), Emc Documentum desktop client and content@, Drupal 7, Artesia & Intershop Enfinity suite 6
Tools: /CI: FindBugs, Corbutera, bamboo, Jira agile, maven, Gradle, yourkit, jprofiler, citrix & Docker
Rdbms / database: oracle11.x/10.x, MS sql server, access 97
Nosql: MongoDB, apache Hadoop, MapReduce, pig, spark and hive
Operating system: Windows, Sun-Solaris, HP and Ubuntu shell.
- Working as Delivery Manager for UPoint Core Architecture team and my primary responsible to ensure Delivery of committed projects, Reviewing Technical designs and solutions proposed, Ensure that delivery is responsible for Delivering and Reviewing Technical solutions, ensuring quality delivery, and coordination with other teams for technical solutions.
- Next-Gen UPoint is AON’s strategic initiative to replace AON’s existing UPoint architecture to a next generation architecture moving ahead from Liferay technology. Initiative includes migration of current UPoint Portal to latest high performance Micro services architecture using technologies primarily Spring Boot & Netflix OSS, Spring MVC and spring JPA, Integration with MongoDB web services, and Integration with existing systems including SOAP Interface to Oracle data, Mainframe systems and Workday systems
- Worked as Program manager for Integration of UPoint System with AON’s next generation solution UDP. Program included around 7 different teams working to support creation of UDP solution. Unified Data Platform supports different Client Interface systems to be integrations with AON Service gateway developed on MongoDB, Hadoop and Kafka platform with backend platforms made on top of Mainframe and Big data systems.
- Integration of CsPro (AON CRM system) with UPoint product. This enabled CRM colleagues to have information on recent activities performed by end customer and support any issue with same. This is MQ based integration.
- DevOps initiative to support high agility and rollout practices where next generation technologies like Git, Bitbucket, Gradle, Dockers are introduced.
- Involved in helping team members in technical analysis and problem resolution against new enhancements and raised tickets. Reviewing technical solutions, architecture, designs with team. Responsibility of Solution and Delivery reviews.
- Lead UPoint Stress testing program for whole UPoint platform, participated by more than 15 Onshore and Offshore teams who are working on different Foundation and Domain specific enhancements. My role including planning and executing tests with help of Performance specialists. Complete platform includes Liferay system interacting with multiple intranet web services with Oracle database and IBM DB2 and extranet services.
- UPoint PCA works in Agile methodology, In parallel to yearly releases, there is multiple patch delivery planned for Ad-hoc priority issues that I need to ensure. My role includes engagement and discussion of Technical experts on different requirements and ensures that Scoping, Technical analysis and estimations are done considering complete requirements and risks associated.
- Working on Proof of Concept around New requirements as well as Complex technical requirements before taking and planning new enhancements. Addition to other responsibilities, I am also assigned to help in any infrastructural, outside team coordination, technical upgrades etc.
- Understanding and documentation of risk and control Assessments. Experience working closely with the QA testing team and defect tracking.
- Skilled in validation and testing complex scenarios to achieve quality of standards in projects. Experienced in creating User Manuals and providing training to users.
- Creative and Aggressive person capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive team environments with integrative thinking skills.
- Exceptional Problem Solving and Sound Decision Making capabilities, along with the ability to resolve difficult situations.
- My role includes engagement and discussion of Technical experts on different requirements and ensures that Scoping, Technical analysis and estimations are done considering complete requirements and risks associated.
- Working on Proof of Concept around New requirements as well as Complex technical requirements before taking and planning new enhancements.
- Enterprise Commerce Platform (ECP) is eBay Enterprise product based on Intershop Enfinity Suite 6.6. The Enfinity Suite 6 allow enterprises to aggregate and manage all of their online business channels on a single platform, thereby streamlining and enhancing relationships with suppliers, business customers, partners and consumers.
- Worked as Technical Manager for eBay ECP Offshore program. I am responsible for Technical leadership, quality delivery, offshore management, ECP Technical expertise for ECP Program HCL side.
- Lead 3 different tracks - Store Launches (New Development), Small & Medium Projects (Enhancements) & Warranty Support/L3 Support for six web stores are launched on eBay V11 (Enfinity Suite platform) supported by our team. Sony, PET Smart, Christopher & Banks, Spanx and Steinmart Web store
- Involved in Process setup, Program agreements, Working model identification and implementation are few of the activities that I was working on as part of initial program setup.
- ECP Program constituted of multiple tracks with technical leads and team members. Technically leading ECP Program covering following tracks
- ECP Warranty Support: ECP Warranty Support team provide 24 X 7 production supports for first 3 store launches on V11 platform (Intershop Enfinity Suite). This includes support of P1/P2/P3 incidents and requests raised by eBay Customers and eBay members based on define support metrics and SLA/KPAs.
- ECP L3 Support: ECP L3 team is responsible to support L2 team in complex and code change solutions. This includes small developments and complex ECP customizations.
- CBK/SMT/SPANX Small and Medium Projects - ECP SMP teams are involved in Development and Enhancement activities for Store specific customizations.
- Sony/Petsmart Launch and Support: Store specific customizations are completed for Sony/Petsmart part and team is currently supporting post production support.
- Incident and Problem Management. Involved in optimization of java processes so that can handle heavy load of millions of transactions.
- Involved in helping team members in technical analysis and problem resolution against raised tickets.
- Addition to other responsibilities, I am also assigned to help in any infrastructural, outside team coordination, technical upgrades etc. This is a 24X7 production support program planned in Onshore/Offshore model.
- Prioritized deliverables, identified gaps, tracked defects, defined system requirements, created artifacts for testing and development.
- Involved in optimization of java processes so that can handle heavy load of millions of transactions.
- Technologies Used: - Intershop Enfinity Suite 6.6, Web Content Management, Java/J2EE Web Services, Java Servlets, JSP, ORM framework, IBM MQ, Mule, Jenkins, Bamboo etc.
IT Solution Analyst
- Worked as IT Solution Analyst for Production & Supplying Logistics group products. PSL area primarily deals with IKEA’s PLAN DEMAND, PLAN SUPPLY, PLAN AND SECURE CAPACITY & OPTIMIZE SUPPLY CHAIN NETWORK. Primary applications I supported as IT Solution analyst are Sales Planning Tool (Web application that supports the way of working between Planner and Retailer), Sales & Forecast Overview (Reporting tool that allows users to see information on previous year and current year sales) and CDR Tool that supports commitment driven, combined supply.
- As IT Solution architect, I am responsible for creation of High level Design documents for development team. I work with IT Demand group of IKEA and based on different business needs and functional, technical enhancements required in products, I create Design documents used by development team.
- My responsibility included coordination with IT Demand group of IKEA IT for creation and prioritization of change requests. The CCB approved CR’s are planned for different releases throughout the year based on the available resource capacity.
- Analyzing existing code and then designing the module structures as per requirement specification, review of the functionality, development scopes under agile development process. Develop various new functionalities like index section strategy, migration, alert delivery and integration those with parent build.
- Addition to other responsibilities, I am also assigned to help in any infrastructural, outside team coordination, technical upgrades etc.
- Market Analyses: Merit of carefully analyzing competitor activities as well as mapping the diverse markets". Assisting in account planning for all major accounts for understanding competitive landscape, performing SWOT Analysis to pro-actively identifying the growth opportunities.
- Demonstrated excellence in determining a business unit's mission & strategic direction, ability to formulate and implement tactical initiatives as well as strategic advices to partners for achieving corporate strategic goals.
- Abilities in managing business operations with key focus on bottom line profitability and customer satisfaction by ensuring optimal utilization of resources as well as handholding of business partners & other key stakeholders
- Module lead for Development of One Customer Order for Europe. There were multiple systems dealing different part of Customer Order booking, Inventory solution, CDC/DT/LSC Web application etc. It helped to simplify the system and remove 6 servers running in parallel by which we can make system simpler, reduce the maintenance and development costs, Single input for future systems and common ways of workings in Entire Europe.
- Worked as lead for Customer Order System is a system used to handle and administrate customer orders - orders which are delivered from IKEA directly to the customer.
- Analysis, design, coding, testing & implementation of java/j2ee functionality. Handled HLD and UML designing for new modules using JBuilder and Integration with underlying architecture.
- I was involved right from the Initial Analysis, Solution Specification, Estimation, Development, Testing and Rollout of product in multiple countries.
- Lead Onshore/Offshore resources and ensure Quality delivery to client. The project includes four main tracks with 28 members including Track Lead/Programmer, OneCOS SA and QA Manager/Testers.
- Development responsible for COT Development Line Release team. We are managing Enhancement/Change/Problem Request of Order Management systems. My main responsibility is to ensure timely and quality delivery of prioritized ER/PR/CR on planned release.
- Involved in Weekly/Daily IT team meetings with IKEA Product responsible for management of prioritized ER/PR/CR on planned release.
- Organize and lead Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum meetings & Sprint Retrospection and Demo meetings. Involved in all Quality related activities for agile projects. Weekly Status meeting with Client managers, Resource planning and other project management activities.
- Technologies Used: - Java/J2EE Web Services, Java Spring, spring batches, Hibernate, ASP/.NET, Oracle PL/SQL, EBC framework, UNIX etc. Web forms/Reports, Oracle PL/SQL, UNIX and Perl scripts.
- I was involved right from the Initial Analysis, Solution Specification, Estimation, Development, Testing and Rollout of product in multiple countries.
- Handled HLD and UML designing for new modules using JBuilder and Integration with underlying architecture.
- Worked as System Analyst for GRNA Decommissioning. Lead Migrate identified GRNA business functionalities into another SIMNA system LCOFF to minimize the number of applications that are currently being used by NA users and consolidating the business needed functionality into single system, suitable for this purpose.
- Worked as System Analyst for ISell Global expansion which is IKEA’s worldwide IT initiative to launch their new IT product ISell that will be acting as replacing their old merchandise handing system MHS with this new product ISell.
- Team consisted of around 20 members including development and testing members. The whole project is executed with Scrum methodology with a combination of onsite and offshore resources.
- Worked as System analyst for Global Transit which is an IKEA wide business initiative for support of transit consignments? Transit consignments are consignments going through a DT where the receiver of the goods is not the DT, but a different business unit (usually a store, CDC or another DT).
- Agile model was used for project execution.
- Primarily my job included Onsite/Offshore Coordinator for my Projects. Requirement Gathering, communication with Client Managers and Users, Creation of Project documents from Requirement to Design document for new projects. It involves management of work done by offshore and testing the work before delivery to client, environment setup and Release management process.
- Involved as System Analyst in different activities including System analysis and requirement gathering by coordinating with different interface systems and finalize requirement and scope of the migration activity. My task included creation of artifacts that can be designed and implemented by technical team members.
- Involved in business IT team meetings organized to finalize business requirements and identify functionalities that needs to be migrated or retired.
- Also as SIMNA business analyst role, created and maintained a SIM NA Wikipedia with systems functional knowledge collected during knowledge transfer sessions by client.
- Involved in base lining of Estimation model for GRNA and LCOFF products using HCL’s Complexity Model.
- Worked as Scrum master for the project. As a scrum master, my responsibilities included planning Sprints with Project Manager and coordinating daily scrum meeting with client and HCL resources.
- Involved in System Analysis and Design of change requests prioritized for the Sprints.
- Owner of NA Enterprise Business Component systems Web Services created for communication between different world wide systems with NA EBC system. EBC acts as an interface by which different IKEA system talk with each other. EBC’s are IKEA proprietary java web service framework.
- Technologies Used: PL/SQL, Oracle Web forms, Windows, UNIX, Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, IKEA EBC, Oracle PL/SQL, RAD 7, Rational Application Modeler, JPublisher & Scrum works.
- Developed Conversion Checkout Tool which provides a system that allows Editorial users the ability to quickly convert their SGML data to XML. The system will provide the ability to pull SGML files from the Documentum repository and lock the file so that it cannot be accessed again. The system will convert the SGML tags to XML tags.
- Requirement Gathering for new Project Enhancements as well as new Tools development. My role includes client meetings and understanding of Business requirement and providing technical suggestions and solutions to client. It includes the preliminary analysis of task, sizing and time estimation. Analysis, design, coding, testing & implementation of java/j2ee functionality.
- Worked as Developer in migration of Documentum 5.2.5 client (Desktop) to WebTop (Web Based) & and customization of WebTop according to our clients requirement. WebTop (DCTM) is an e-content management product that was purchased and enhanced to meet specific Matthew Bender & Co. (MBCo) requirements.
- Involved in handling of Production support issues for my projects that requires immediate attention and prompt response to user. Assigning issues to offshore team and managing the records of issues.
- Involved in Release management and configuration management for my projects. Independent handling Code Configuration IBM Clearcase and Release management activities. Coordination with QA team, Environment setup for Implementation as well as testing activities.
- I have been actively involved in Analysis & tracking of problems specified in Webstars & devising solution for it. Written code in Java & XSL for fixing of Webstars for various components.
- Involved in analysis, design, coding, testing & implementation of new tools/components in SSLRP OA. Written code in Java & XSL for newly incorporated changes & features
- Involved in rigorous testing to uncover the bugs present in the system & to test the functionality for the newly incorporated solution to fix the bugs/Webstars.
- Analysis, design, coding, testing & implementation of components in Webtop5.3.
- Links to functionalities that are not being currently used should be removed. E.g. inbox should be removed. Integration of the Special Menu' should be done to the standard menu provided by WebTop to meet the express requirements of Mathew Bender publication activities.
- Day to day communication with client & onsite team members.
Web application development
- Worked on projects related to Multilevel Marketing, Ticket tracking for DSA and E-Accounting software. Projects were based on MVC-2 architecture It involved development, debugging, enhancements, & optimizing performance of the modules.
- Technology Used: - Servlets, JSP, Apache Struts, Java Script and Html, Tomcat 5.0, Windows NT 4.0.