- Professional architect with several years of web application development and database administration experience in Java, Microsoft and PHP environments.
- Sun Certified Web Component Developer and Sun Certified Java Programmer with extensive experience in J2EE, PHP, Web 2.0 technologies and AJAX toolkits like Dojo, Scriptaculous and Prototype.
- MS Degree
- BS Degree
Confidential, GA March 2006 May 2010
Responsible for managing and supporting the state employees’ portal with a registered user base of over 120,000 users.
- Work closely with agencies and listen to their needs to transform their web portals into robust content management platforms allowing them to manage their content and provide a personalized experience for the audience.
- Guide the efforts of the technology group towards automated regression testing, performance testing, load testing, analytics as well as automated monitoring tools to ensure round the clock availability of portal and associated applications and proactively detect, isolate and resolve any issues.
- Created rapid prototypes in order to capture user requirements and worked with the development team to implement them in an iterative fashion.
- Extensively used and guide the business as well as development team towards the adoption of Web 2.0 and social media technologies and platforms using AJAX, Yahoo Social API, Dojo, JQuery among other tools.
- Design and support the state’s knowledge base application which serves as the primary information database used by the state\'s General Information Contact Center for connecting Georgians to the right place or person on the first call.
- Design and architect agency portals. Work closely with and mentor the development team to develop them.
Confidential,Washington DC February 2008 March 2009
Lead Portal Developer
- Responsible for designing and implementing a content display solution for the portal by consuming web services, using REST calls, exposed by the Vignette Collaboration product.
- Developed web based form builder to allow the business users to dynamically create forms without the assistance of IT. These forms were used to submit content and documents on the portal site.
- Developed social computing capabilities on the portal site using Web 2.0, Web Services, REST.
Confidential,June 2006 Feb 2007
Consultant/ Lead Architect
- Responsible for the design and development of the internet portal.
- Provided guidance to the development team and management over technical issues and decisions to complete the projects in a timely fashion.
- Worked on designing a system to integrate Documentum and Vignette for managing documents.
Confidential,TX June 2005 March 2006Tech Lead
- Content Management System Migration Migrate the Internet site from an older version of Java based Content Management system to the latest version.
- Student Portal Lead the efforts of the school district to create a student portal. The portal allowed for students to view grades, class schedule, submit content etc. and for parents to monitor the progress of children. Implement workflow and role based content display.
Confidential,LA June 2000 June 2005
Responsible for designing, creating, enhancing and maintaining financial web applications for the company\'s Internet and Online-banking product. Development efforts have led to several nationally accredited awards e.g, Stevie, for site design, ease of use and functionality.
- Corporate Internet Redesign This involved redesigning company\'s customer facing site. The original site consisted of about 800 static html pages which were managed by one person. Today, the site is divided into different lines of business and content is being managed by the respective line of business owner. Content Management is done within a CMA application, which was developed around the Vignette CMS. The site is now ranked 3rd nationally by Gomez Inc, for its navigational flow and online resources.
- Developing navigational flows based upon business content taxonomies.
- Designing and developing database schema.
- Designing and developing a content management application for distributed authors.
- Designing and developing business applications using a combination of Microsoft and Java technologies.
- Hibernia Insurance - Developed large web-based e-commerce extranet from scratch.
- Database design
- Coding ASP templates.
- Object/component design
- Security design
- Design of logical and physical tiers
- User interface design
Corporate Intranet Redesign - Re-architected and developed corporate Intranet which has over 5000 users daily. Part of this redesign included creating a custom content management system which allows administrators the ability to create, modify or upload content in a real time mode.
- Streamlining old development strategies into more scalable and efficient solutions.
- Translating customer\'s business requirements into functional requirements for development team to code from.
- Developed a variety of web applications that are used to improve employees\' day to day business activities.
- Developed under the "Test First Design" methodology and Extreme Programming. Unit test were written and executed using JUnit. Automated acceptance tests were written for every iteration and executed using HttpUnit and XML/XSL.
- Wrote user documentation with step by step instructions and diagrams describing how to use the content management system.
Online Banking Redesign - This entailed the redesign of sign-on, enrollment and forgot-userId components. These components provided customers the ability to create user-ids and passwords as an alternative for ssn and pin numbers.
- Designed and created ASP.Net pages and components to support the redesign efforts.
- Implemented the security and encryption scheme to protect the customer data.
- Implemented a logging scheme using Log4Net to debug and correct the errors quickly.
- Designed an implementation to parse and display the XML using XPath and C#.
Technologies used: ASP.Net, C#.Net, SQL, Visual Studio 2003, Corillian Voyager 3.3, SQL Server 2000, CVS SCC proxy, Log4Net, XML, XPath
Web Security Developed security/encryption implementations to prevent phishing, hacking or Cross Site Scripting (XSS) attempts on the customer facing sites.
- Configured the Online Banking site to use maximum 3DES encryption standard for postbacks of sensitive data from the customers.
- Implemented a XSS solution for the bank’s site in order to prevent any such attacks against it.
- Implemented a Notification mechanism to detect and notify in case of any XSS attempts.
Mail Delivery Rearchitect of the bank’s mail delivery for online banking.
- Developed and implemented a mail generation solution using C# and MS SQL server to replace the process in place, due to expiry of contract.
- Implemented a logging and rollback implementation for recovery.
Technologies used: C#.Net, SQL, ADO, Visual Studio 2003, SQL Server 2000, CVS SCC proxy, Log4Net
Correspondent Lenders - Developer for loan tracking system which is used to streamline the process of mortgage bankers within the company. The system is written in ASP, and connects to a SQL database server for storage. The data is stored in XML to achieve the greatest flexibility possible with regards to the type and the amount of data being stored.
Additional applications were developed to receive and consolidate data feeds from various other systems utilized by the bank. This system provides services for 150,000 registered clients nationwide.