- Over 7+ years of Analysis Design SOA Architecture andTesting of 3 - tier and n-tier component based applications using Java Scala Groovy and J2EE technologies and working as a Senior Java/J2EE Professional with proficiency in Analysis, Design, Development, Architecture, Coding.
- Testing and Implementation of Client/Server, Internet and Legacy application.
- Expertise in developing enterprise and web applications using SOAP/REST Web Services EJBs Spring and Struts Play 2.0 frameworks.
- Extensively worked on MVC struts1/2 frameworks including JSP tag libraries validator and tiles plugins OGNL and Xwork.
- Good back-end programming skills using SQL PL/SQL Stored Procedures Functions and Triggers in Oracle and DB2.
- Designed and implemented a data analytics engine based on Scala/Akka(Cluster)/Play to provide trend analysis, regression analysis and machine learning predictions as web services for survey data.
- Built reactive microservice-based dashboard based on angularjs and d3/c3 with line/bar charts and time-scrollable word cloud.
- Developed an automation tool, called Agent Emulator to automate and monitor the process for calling, conferencing, consulting, chatting and scheduling call backs, by making connections to the Message Distributor, in JAVA and SCALA.
- Good web page design skills using HTML DHTML Java Script AJAX XSLT and XML.
- Excellent RDBMS concepts and good exposure to databases such as Oracle DB2 and PostgresSQL.
- Maintained and optimized AWS infrastructure (ELB's, EC2, S3, EBS/Provisioned IOPS, AMI, RDS).
- Build AWS secured solutions by creating VPC with private and public subnets.
- Defined AWS security groups which acted as virtual firewalls to control the incoming traffic onto one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Experience in real-time monitoring and alerting of applications deployed in AWS using Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail and Simple Notification Service.
- Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 and ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Designed, configured and deployed Amazon Web Services for a multitude of applications utilizing the amazon services focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance and Auto Scaling.
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups.
- Good experience with XML related technologies like XML/XMLT to process, validate, parse and extract data from XML using DOM and SAX parsers for DTD and SCHEMA.
- Experience in Developing RESTful APIs with JAX-RS and experienced with J2SE Technologies like API,Threads, Collections, and Exception Handling, J2EE Technologies like Servlet, Listener, Filter, JSP, Java Security API and JSTL.
- Experience in designing developing and deploying Java Persistence API Session Beans Annotations JSPs Servlets using WeblogicWebsphere JBoss and Apache Tomcat.
- Strong development skills in Core Java, J2EE(TM), JDBC, JSP, Servlets, EJB, JMS (MQ-series), JNDI, RMI, XSL, Java Script.
- Developed RESTful web services using Jersey framework.
- Expert level experience in J2EE technologies like Servlets, JSP, EJB, JSTL, Struts, Spring, JSF, JSP, JMS,AJAX, JDBC, JNDI, GWT Java Beans Hibernate and Web Services.
- Expertise in implementing J2EE Design Patterns like MVC, Adapter, Front End Controller, Business Delegate, Value object, Singleton, Session Facade, Factory DAO in designing the architecture of large applications.
- Involved in the development of business module applications using J2EE technologies like Servlets, Struts,and JDBC and also Implemented Oauth 1.0 for authenticating the API clients.
- Used GIT to maintain code version control. Maintained different branches in various stages like development, QA, and production.
- Expertise in developing reusable components for cross cutting concerns like Logging, Memory Leak management, Transaction management, Class loading and Testing framework using Log4j, Ant, Maven and JUnit to increase productivity, easy maintenance and to retain software quality.
- Experience in using Version control tools including CVS, Subversion, and TFS.
- Extensive knowledge of working with application servers including Oracle Web Logic, IBM WebSphere,Red HatJBoss and Apache Tomcat servers.
- Worked in configuring the data & JNDI Configurations in Web Sphere application server.
- Database development skills using Database Servers like MySQL, SQL Server, DB2 and Oracle.
- Experience in database design using PL/SQL to write Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and strong experience in writing complex queries for Oracle 10g/11g.
- Involved in writing the JUnit test cases and integration testing of the system and also developed Junit classes extensively for end to end testing and worked with log4j for logging.
- Good Experience in software development life cycle process using Agile, Waterfall, Test Driven Development and SCRUM.
- Excellent communication skills efficient team member and strong analytical problem solving abilities.
Operating systems: Windows 2000/NT/XP, UNIX/ Solaris Shell and Mac.
Enterprise Architecture: WebMethods
Languages: Java SE 5, Java EE 5, SQL, SQL*PLUS, T-SQL, Scala,PL SQL, HTML, DHTML, XML, XSLT, PHP, AJAX, Shell Scripting, Perl
Databases: Oracle9i, MS SQL Server 2000 and MySQL, Sybase, DB2, LDAP
Data Access: JDBC, Data Source, DB Utils
Web Programming: Struts, JSP, Java Script, Axis and VB Script, Flex 3.0, ActionScript 3.0
Performance: JProfiler, JOptimizer
GUI: Swing, JIDE, SWF
Web Designing: Photoshop, CSS, Dream Weaver, ColdFusion 7.0.2
Web Servers: WebLogic, Websphere, OAS, Apache and Tomcat, MQ Series
Application Servers: Oracle Apps Server, Sun One, IPlanet, JBoss
J2EETechnologies: JSP, Struts, JSF, Apache Faces, EJB 3.0, JPOS, EMS, Servlets, JNDI, XML, XPATH, XSD, DTD, Spring, hibernate, Web Services, interwoven, DataPower
Testing Tools: Test Director, JUnit, SoapUI, SoapScope
Configuration Mgmt: VSS, CVS, Perforce
IDE: Eclipse, IDEA Intellij, Code Warrior, JDeveloper
Methodologies/Tools: UML/MVC/OMT, Rational Rose and Microsoft Visio.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
- Designed and developed features for J2EE-based business activity monitoring and operational dashboard engine, including the rules and alert engine, WebApp components, recoverability, intelligent workflow features, internationalization, and upgradability.
- Collaborated with art directors, project managers, and designers to develop websites, landing pages, and electronic direct mail campaigns in Sitecore and Umbraco. Also a core contributor to project bids, either creating high-fidelity prototypes or strategic microsites for pitches.
- Developed front end web applications using AngularJS,Grunt.js,D3.js, LESS, Sass, and other frontend libraries and frameworks.
- Developed REST web services and used SOAP Protocol to communicate with Quote provider's insurance claims and premiums.
- Designed various tables required for the project in Oracle 11g database and used the stored procedures in the application and Wrote Stored Procedures, Triggers and Functions on SQL Server as well as PL/SQL on Oracle to support both databases for the application.
- Extensively used Akka actors architecture for scalable & hassle free multi-threading. Millions of activity messages per second were handled very easily by the actors by propagating the messages to appropriate child actors in asynchronous or synchronous fashion.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Udeploy, Puppet or custom-built .designing cloud-hosted solutions, specificAWS product suite experience.
- Used Scala collection framework to store and process the complex consumer information. Based on the offers setup for each client, the requests were post processed and given offers.
- Developing restful API’s for web portals for each of the client which goes live with system, which includes getting all the meta data information of the client and user, all the activities, offers etc.
- Invented and realized ahead-of-time completion (coined the term, later adopted by Kotlin). Designed and implemented recursion type highlighting.
- Drafted and developed SBT project support (as well as for Maven and Gradle). Architected and implemented out-of-process compiler, integrated SBT incremental compiler.
- Implemented import handling on copy-paste (including Java-to-Scala conversion).
- Java Servlets and JSP pages were deployed by me on the Weblogic Application Server for retrieving user information and posting related data.
- Developed front end using JSTL, JSP, HTML, and Java Script.
- Designed RESTful XML web service for handling AJAX requests.
- Integrated the Java code (API) in JSP pages and responsible for setting up AngularJS framework for UI development. Developed html views with HTML5, CSS3, bootstrap and AngularJS.
- Involved in web component design and development using the spring framework, JSP, Servlets 2.5, and taglibs.
- Involved in loading and storing objects using Hibernate 3.0.
- Involved in configuring Hibernate mapping file.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile Continuous Integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Redesigned configuration UI, introduced Scala SDKs.
- Started public nightly builds, created the infrastructure.
- Designed and developed insurance application front end and back end business functionality, used Spring, J2EE Design Patterns such as MVC and JSP/Servlets to develop the application.
- Designed Hibernate configuration file in ORM model which automate the mapping between the SQL databases and objects in java.
- Developed user interfaces using JSP, JSP Tag libraries JSTL, HTML 5, CSS3 to simplify the complexities of the application.
- Used the JSF UI component classes to get the component state and maintain the reference to the objects.
- Used RAD 7.0 IDE for developing the applications and IBM WebSphereServer 7.0 for deploying various components of applications.
Confidential - Albany, NY
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
- Implemented Model View Controller (MVC) architecture Using Spring framework at the Web tier level to isolate each layer of the application to avoid the complexity of integration and ease of maintenance.
- Spring Framework IOC (Inversion of Control) design pattern is used to have relationships between application components. It is also used to separate the application configuration and specification from the actual application code.
- Participated in a team with Agile software development, and quickly responded to updated functions and client-oriented customization.
- Collected clients'business needs, and ensuredfunctionalities to be implemented successfully.
- Developed Hibernate Object Relation mapping and POJO classes, and used Spring Data Access Object DAO to access Oracle Database 10g.
- Implemented Spring3 MVC to communicate between front-end and back-end.
- Improved back-end designs by usingcore Java including Collection framework, Generic, Exception Handing, and I/O.
- Combined AJAXwith REST Web Services toget data from back-end, such as billing records, appointment schedules, and medicalrecords.
- Applied Bootstrap frameworkand responsive designto improve page design.
- Designed appointment reminders and sent email to customers byJavaMail.
- Extensively involved in coding with core Java concepts like Collections, Exception Handling, Java I/O, and Generics to implement some business logic.
- Wrote Hibernate 3 configuration files to enable the data transactions between POJO and Oracle Database.
- Built DAO package as well as DAO IMPL package to implement the data access logic, and using Hibernate Annotation to do the data mapping.
- Created UI using JSP, Tag Libraries, custom tag libraries, internal custom tag libraries and JQuery API.
- Used Spring IOC to connect different layers web and service layer.
- Created Action classes and Commands to provide the business functionalities.
- Created web service to access other system using Axis API and web service related APIs.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs.
- Utilized Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS services, EBS volumes, to set alarms for notification or automated actions and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system.
- Used Spring Security Management for user verifications.
- Developed Servlets and Filters for session and cookie management of each user.
- Queried these databases through SQL, HQL, MySQL queries.
- Used Angular and jQuery for the development web application.
- Used REST and Service Oriented Architecture SOA for sharing data with the systems like Mediation and Provisioning systems.
- Worked with Tomcat as the application server and WebLogic as the webserver.
- Built multi-zone and multi-region architectures.
- Implemented Event Sourcing using Akka.
- Used Akka concurrency for processing PDL files.
- Implemented design patterns in Scala for the application.
- Implemented Restful services in Spring.
- Developed JSPs to provide dynamic content to the HTML pages.
- Integrated projects using Hudson continuous Integration Server.
- Deployed web/web service projects with team site workflow on various regions.
- Developed UML class, sequence, state, activity and use case diagrams for project structure and flow design using Microsoft Visio.
- Designed the project using Dispatcher Servlets, Controllers and View Resolvers of Spring MVC framework utilizing spring concepts likeDI Dependency Injection and AOP Aspect Oriented Programming for business logic.
- Worked on Agile Methodology.
Confidential - Sanjose, CA
- Played a key role as SeniorJava developer for the project from gathering phase till deployment phase and successfully completed the project in the stipulated amount of time.
- Responsible for the web and branding strategy for Foodsters Restaurant Delivery. Designed, developed, and relaunched responsive Wordpress website focused on user interaction across all devices.
- Responsible for writing Hibernate XML Mapping and DAO implementation for most applications in back-end.
- Configured Spring Application Context XML, Spring IoC, and Spring Security.
- Debug the application using Firebug to traverse the documents and manipulated the Nodes using DOM and DOM Functions.
- Used JQuery plug-ins for Drag-and-Drop, Widgets, Menus, User Interface and Forms.
- Wrote stored procedures and functions using Oracle PL/SQL, and implemented CallableStatementto retrieve from database.
- CreatedSOAP web service using WSDL to realize web-based application
- Designed WSDL and elaborated type definitions schemas based on corporate standards, integration and security specifications.
- Implemented of easy-to-use customer facing web applications and web services using remotely accessible APIs REST and SOAP .
- Implemented high traffic transactional application using conventional design practices test driven development, SOA, design by contract, MVC .
- Design patterns are extensively used to achieve clean separation of different layers. Used different patterns like SOA, MVC pattern, DAO pattern, and singleton.
- Integration of web services using IBM Data power.
- Implemented Eclipse SDO framework to create mapping for SOAP request to POJO's.
- Designed and integrated the full scale Spring / Hibernate persistence solution with the application architectures.
- Implemented SOAP and REST Web services which is used to search and order parts online using WebLink V2 used by more than 400 sites.
- Used Spring AOP for reporting and used a test driven approach to development leveraging Spring's support for unit testing.
- Managed connectivity using JDBC for querying/inserting & data management including triggers and stored procedures.
- Developed various EJBs for handling business logic and data manipulations from database.
- Involved in design of JSP's and Servlets for navigation among the modules.
- Front end was developed using jQuery, HTML and CSS. Involved in creating http inbound & outbound flows, custom java and XSLT transformers and security of mule endpoint through WSSR.
Confidential, SanFrancisco, CA
- Developed Core Java / J2EE major concepts including Synchronization, Serialization, Servlets, and JDBC.
- Involved in the Analysis, System study and designing of the project.
- As a developer, coordinated with onsite team and client in understanding the business process and requirement understanding.
- Deployed the application using Apache Tomcat web server and Amazon Web Services.
- Built RESTful API in Java using JAX-RS for obtaining proper error codes, URL Mapping and implemented them using Jersey.
- Dealt with Oracle 10g for communicating with database and performing operations such as create, read, update delete.
- Deployed on the application on JBoss Application Server.
- Test plans are documented and reviewed Using JUnit testing and responsible for integration testing.
- Used Eclipse IDE for the development of the java application.
- Log4j was used for logging errors throughout the development and reported error were fixed to avoid further complications.
- SVN was used as Version control for tracking issues in the application.
- Maven scripts were written for the application to deploy and test.
- Agile methodology was used for the project management during the development of application.
- Developed the application on UNIX platform.