- 7+ years of extensive professional experience in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) core areas such as Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing and Deployment of Object Oriented, Client - Server, Web-Based, Distributed and Enterprise Applications with Java/J2EE technologies & developing applications with agile methodology.
- Supported the team in the critical aspects of coding.
- Experience in designing and developing multi-tier enterprise applications using Java, Servlets, Spring, Spring MVC, JDBC, Hibernate, JMS, JSP, HTML and Web services.
- Utilized Java Swing framework to develop client side components.
- Worked in Waterfall, Agile, Scrum methodologies and followed Agile methodology on daily basis for tracking work (JIRA), milestones.
- Extensively worked and implemented several design patterns such as MVC, Business Delegate, Session Facade, Service Locator, DAO, DTO, Singleton, Object Factory and Front Controller.
- Extensive experience in developing JEE based Web Services to expose useful functionality to web users through SOAP, describing them using WSDL, registering them using UDDI for easy availability to potential users and consuming using Axis2 and JAX-WS.
- Very Strong skills in developing WebServices using SOAP, XML, AXIS, RestFul(Jersey).
- Extensively worked with Teradata utilities like BTEQ, Fast Export, Fast Load, Multi Load to ex- port and load data to/from different source systems including flat files.
- Hands on experience using query tools like TOAD, Teradata SQL Assistant and Query man.
- Expertise in writing large/complex queries using SQL.
- Proficient in performance analysis, monitoring and SQL query tuning using EXPLAIN PLAN, Collect Statistics, Hints and SQL Trace both in Teradata as well as Oracle.
- Strong experience in JDBC, Oracle 11g, 10g, 9i SQL, PL/SQL, Triggers, Stored procedures and Packages.
- Good working knowledge on development tools IBM RAD, Eclipse, and IntelliJ.
- Extensive experience with Application/Web servers Jboss, WebLogic 10, Websphere, Tomcat 6.0,7.0.
- Expertise in Web Front End technologies Struts, Tag Libraries and Struts custom validation rules, JSTL, Java Script, DHTML and XML/XSL, XSLT and AJAX
- Experience in using SVN, Rational ClearCase and Git for version control.
- Strong in writing Junit test cases using Junit frame work, and used JMock to avoid calling the services to the other system.
- Extensively used building tools like Ant, Ivy and Maven.
- Used log4j to keep the track of the code and to trace the issues.
- Good experience in Windows, Unix environments.
- Quick learner with ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills along with good oral and written communication skills.
Languages: Java 1.8, UML, PL/SQL, Unix shell Scripting
Technologies: J2EE, JDBC, JSP, Swing, Servlets, JSTL, Java Script, AJAX, Jquery, HTML, CSS
Web Services & XML: SOAP, RESTFul, WSDL, XML, XSL, SAX, DOM, JAX-RS JAX-WSJAX-B, Axis2,CFX, JMS(Java Message Server)
RDBMS/DBMS: Teradata, MySQL, Oracle 9i/10g/11g
Operating System: Windows 10,8.1,8,7/XP/Vista, UNIX.
Application Servers: IBM Web Sphere Application Server 6.0/6.1, Web Logic Applic- ation Server & Tomcat webserver
Frameworks: Struts 2, Log4J 1.2, JUNIT 3.8, Spring, Hibernate 3.0, Ejb
IDEs: Eclipse, IntelliJ, IBM RAD, SQL developer, PLSQL Developer, TOAD.
Source Control and Other Tools: SVN, Git, JIRA, Source Tree, Maven, ANT, Ivy, DB Visualizer, File zilla, Rational Rose(UML tool)
Unit testing Tools: Junit, JMockito, SOAP UI
Confidential, Rhode Island
- Involved in study of User Requirement Specification, creating User Stories and Tasks.
- Designed shell scripting to explode data from teradata tables.
- Implemented teradata fast export utility to export the data to a file.
- Used various Core Java concepts such as Exception Handling, Collection APIs to implement various features and enhancements.
- Communicated with the clients for requirement and design understanding.
- Understands the customer subject area and the tables.
- Development of design documents with steps to achieve the requirements.
- Development of Teradata TPT scripts for periodic incremental loads to implement the requirements.
- Unit testing, QA migration and support, defect fixing, deployment setup including implementation plans, QA documents, RFC creation and for the above work streams.
- Created the production support documents for hand offs to the support team. Involved in performance Tuning of SQL Queries, Sources, Targets and Sessions by identifying and rectifying performance bottlenecks.
- Worked on the Maestro scheduler to automate the Workflows.
- Involved in developing Class diagrams in UML showing generalization and other relationships, se- quence diagram describing the interaction of objects over time.
- Used Teradata utilities fastload, multiload, tpump to load data
- Wrote BTEQ scripts to transform data
- Wrote Fast export scripts to export data
- Wrote, tested and implemented Teradata Fastload, Multiload and Bteq scripts, DML and DDL.
- Wrote annotated POJO classes which contain business logic to map database tables with java objects.
- Version control server SVN to perform Check-in, Check-out, Synchronize, Merge changes kind of Op- erations.
- Experience with JIRA, which is used to maintain the tracking of tasks and stories.
- Involved in creating various Data Access Objects (DAO) for addition, modification and deletion of records using various specification files.
- Designed and implemented application using Collection, Spring Annotations, Spring AOP, Spring Transactions, Hibernate, Oracle, Teradata.
- Developed application service components and configured beans using Spring IOC, creation of Hibernate mapping files by using ORM and generation of database schema.
- Used JMS to send a message to downstream system or receive the message from upstream system.
- Involved in Bug Fixing and Unit Testing with Eclipse of various modules by using test frameworks JUNIT, Mokito by generating the Test Cases.
- Implemented Log4J for Logging Errors, debugging and tracking using loggers, appender’s components.
Environment: JAVA, JDK 1.7, SQL, UNIX, Windows XP, Oracle 11g, Ivy, Putty, Log4J, SVN, Filezilla, Control - M Scheduling tool, HP Quality Centre, Teradata SQL Assistant, Serena.
Java/ J2EE Developer
- Developed applications according to a structured agile project management methodology.
- Used the light weight container of the Spring Frame work to provide architectural flexibility for Invention of Controller (IOC).
- Developed the front-end using Java Swing (involving UI design, user generated event handling, in corporation of underlying functionalities as per the laid down specifications) and also involved himself in incorporating business logic in SQL code (stored procedures) using Sybase.
- Developed the application framework using MVC architecture using Jsp, spring and hibernate
- Worked in development of data abstraction layer using Hibernate ORM framework with spring support.
- Developed an XML based editor interface that allows users to easily enter data for the attribute.
- Worked in the development of Servlets, JSP'S, Spring Beans and POJOs
- Developed Web services using Apache Axis SOAP engine that would be exposed to external applications to retrieve data from e-Client servicing platform
- Worked in development of web services for business operations using SOAP, WSDL, JAX-WS, XML, XSL and Apache CXF
- Middle-tier and business layer services were developed using EJB stateless session and entity beans.
- Designed and implemented web services to communicate with dynamic data from the server.
- Developed Nested Stored procedures in Teradata to handle the business logic.
- Developed Oracle stored procedures and triggers using SQL in order to calculate and update the tables to implement business logic
- Developed, deployed and maintained Single Sign On application in development, test and production environments
- Worked in Writing and executing the Unit Test cases using JUnit to test specific functionality in the code.
- Used JMS to establish message communication.
- Used Log4J to capture the log that includes runtime exceptions, monitored error logs and fixed the problems
- Developed and used Maven for compiling and building the applications.
Confidential, Lisle, IL
Java/ J2EE Developer
- Designed use case diagrams, data flow diagrams, component diagram, class diagram, and sequence diagram for the given requirement. Also involved in the review meetings of the design architecture for the new requirement and enhancement, given review comments for the designs.
- Implemented GUI using HTML, JSP, CSS, TILES, AJAX, JSTL, Struts Tag Libs and Portal Pages.
- Used AJAX to dynamically load a portion of the page when it was not needed for reloading the entire page.
- Developed custom Skeleton, custom Skin and custom Layouts.
- Implemented custom LAR files applied to portal
- Design & Development of page flows, Web logic Workshop
- Developed several JSP pages and JSR 168 for displaying and processing Information.
- Implemented customization by using Dynamic Visitor Tools (DVT)
- Wrote Teradata Macros and used various Teradata analytic functions.
- Used Java-J2EE patterns like Model View Controller, Data Transfer Objects, Singleton, and factory patterns
- Developed and implemented Content Publish using Site Studio, Content Publisher
- Implemented Spring IOC Setter Method Injection and writing Spring Configuration XML file that contains declarations and other dependent objects declaration.
- I have worked in DAO layer of the application, written java code to access hibernate session factory using spring hibernate template, Hibernate Search Queries and written search, persistence, dele- tion for the persistence objects.
- Developed Web Services client and Service used SOAP Protocol for sending request and get re- sponse
- Created JUnit test cases for unit testing application
- Implemented application logging feature using log4jImplemented Log4J for Logging Errors, debugging and tracking using loggers, appender’s components.
Oracle and PL/ SQL consultant
- Analyze the requirements, participate in technical design discussions and develop the solution
- Involved in preparing functional specification, technical design document, schema documents, flow charts and user manual.
- Coding and Implementation of modules required for migration of data.
- Created and manipulated Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Functions and Packages and Created utilities for error reporting by using PL/SQL stored procedures.
- Database performance bottlenecks, performance tuning, SQL/Query optimization and provided support to developers during development and post-implementation cycles.
- Developed Complex Business Logic using procedures, packages, triggers, function for programming.
- Involved in unit testing by creating test data and coordinated the Business Analyst, during their testing till the deployment.
- Involved in designing database tables according to database Normalization techniques, created new tables, views, indexes for tuning.
- Constructed Teradata native queries to find out the historical data.
- Coordinate with the front end team working on Oracle Forms to provide with the necessary stored procedures and packages and the necessary insight into the data.
- Extensively involved in creating PL/SQL objects i.e. Procedures, Functions, and Packages.
- Extensively involved in debugging the existing PL/SQL objects.
- Performance tuned SQL queries using Hints, AUTOTRACE, TKPROF, ADDM, AWR, Explain Plan and SQL advisor
- Created Materialized views and presented to BI teams.
- Created Ref cursors, Bulk processing, collections, nested tables.
- Performed bug verification, release testing and provided support for Oracle based applications.
- Made use of DB LINKS for accessing data across different databases.
- Writing Requirement analysis and specifications during design phase of SDLC and interacting with the client.
- Developed few Java programs where at the time of authorization, the java program is going to call few procedures, which does the inserting, updating and deletion of data from tables.
- Created the Shell Scripts to automate the execution of the PL/SQL subprograms and to move the data to store in historical folders.
- Used FTP to transfer the files into different servers as per needed by the business users. Developed various programs using Native Dynamic SQL and REF CURSORS.
- Worked with Oracle packages like UTL FILE to open, read and write files to OS directories. Trouble shooting performance issues using Explain Plan and TKPROF.
- Optimized and tuned Teradata subprograms to reduce the loading process.
- Providing Live Support to the code deliverables after Deployment in Live Environment.
Environment: Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, SQL Developer, PL/SQL Developer, Teradata, Java, XML, SQL*Plus, Unix, Shell Scripts, Putty, FTP, Edit Plus, Linux and Windows.